GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Lexus GS Recall on 2006 2007 models Just annouced

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-09, 09:59 AM
Lexus2009
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The parts are in! I am dropping off the car next week for all three campaigns for my GS. Lets hope that it will all go well without a problem. First doctor's visit...
Old 01-27-09, 02:05 PM
BoingR6
Driver School Candidate

Default Question on loaner car from Lexus

This is probably retarded, but I was given a loaner car on Mon. when I dropped off my car for the service campaign's. They didn't mention approx. how long it would take, and when I should expect it to be done. So I also had them check out the dash rattle, sunroof rattle, a trunk issue, and the moldy smell from the vents. I can assume this will be in there for at least 4 days??
Also, when I return the car do I need to fill the gas up? They gave it to me with a full tank?

I'll post up how the experience, and the SC went.

Thanks
Old 01-27-09, 02:19 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BoingR6
This is probably retarded, but I was given a loaner car on Mon. when I dropped off my car for the service campaign's. They didn't mention approx. how long it would take, and when I should expect it to be done. So I also had them check out the dash rattle, sunroof rattle, a trunk issue, and the moldy smell from the vents. I can assume this will be in there for at least 4 days??
Also, when I return the car do I need to fill the gas up? They gave it to me with a full tank?

I'll post up how the experience, and the SC went.

Thanks
each dealer has a diff policy.

some you have to fill up. some you don't
Old 01-28-09, 04:15 AM
joehp1
Rookie

Default Lexus of Rockville, MD is the best!

They performed the recall yesterday, gave me a full tank of gas and a Lexus loaner. I have ALWAYS had the BEST experiences with them. And, I have had my Lexus' serviced by MANY dealerships across the country!

Prior to living in MD I lived in SCAL. Purchased the car from Longo Lexus. That is a meat shop - went one time for service and that was it for me.
Old 01-28-09, 05:56 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my dealership called me today, my parts are in. I just have to make an appointment to take it in.
Old 01-29-09, 07:39 AM
Pchaser
Driver

Originally Posted by joehp1
They performed the recall yesterday, gave me a full tank of gas and a Lexus loaner. I have ALWAYS had the BEST experiences with them. And, I have had my Lexus' serviced by MANY dealerships across the country!

Prior to living in MD I lived in SCAL. Purchased the car from Longo Lexus. That is a meat shop - went one time for service and that was it for me.
got the fuel rail recall done a few weeks ago, do they always give a full tank of gas?
I filled up hours before i bought it in & wen my wife picked it up the next day they were like oh we filled ur tank... (with wat $2 worth of gas) it was full already ....next time i"ll bring it in on E!!!!
Old 01-29-09, 07:55 AM
vdavid
Driver School Candidate

Default 3 Service campaigns

Lexus of Las Vegas called me today to inform me of the 3 service campaigns for my 2006 GS300. I hadn't heard anything prior to the phone call, but the dealer wanted to know if I still owned the vehicle, and that they would order the parts which should take about a week. I have noticed a problem with my steering ever since I bought the car new....the steering wheel actually sticks when in a slight left turn, as sometimes happens on a left heading offramp. I've mentioned it to the dealer each time it has been in for maintenance, but they always report that they can find nothing wrong. I'm glad to have this service campaign done: I hope it fixes the problem.

But I have to say this is the best automobile I've ever owned. I read on this forum that other folks have had various problems with their cars, but mine is just about perfect. I bought it new on 3/04/05, so it is nearly 4 years old, has 26,000 miles on it, and other than the steering problem mentioned above, it has been problem free. I just had the 25,000 mile service completed and the original brakes and original tires are still going strong. The dealer pronounced the car as perfect, and I must agree.
Old 01-29-09, 08:16 AM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How long is the recall valid for.

I dont have any issues with my car and the LAST thing I need is for some technician to tinker with the factory installs of everything in my engine bay. My brakes are fine, my Steering is fine, and my fuel injectors are not leaking (as I can check that myself)

I hate the idea of someone futzing around in a new car to mess up everything.
Old 01-29-09, 09:01 AM
joehp1
Rookie

My dealer said filling up the tank was part of the recall. They DO NOT usually fill the tank!
Old 01-29-09, 08:25 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mine goes in Sat. Feb 7th. They said they want the whole day to do it. I said give me a sweet loaner and I will be happy to drop her off.

steviej
Old 01-29-09, 10:58 PM
bDoc
Driver School Candidate

I didn't see the '06 GS430 listed and didn't think it was problem but I took my car in for dash rattles and creaks and they also offered to do these campaigns. They gave me a loaner RX350 for the day.
Old 01-30-09, 11:45 AM
BoingR6
Driver School Candidate

Default Service Campaign COMPLETED- Update

Car was dropped off on Mon. 1-26, and I picked it up this morning.

Campaign 9LA- Replace fuel delivery pipes, replaced fuel delivery pipe kit, fuel injector set. Completed
Campaign 9LB- Rear brake caliper inspected, replace rear brake pads and calipers on both sides.
Campaign 9LC- Not performed, not needed.

Dashboard rattle and creak: Found open TSIB, parts ordered and will call upon arrival. (Whoohoo, I'm due in again).

I had two other issues, one was the rattle in the sunroof which they couldn't duplicate, and the trunk latch noise which also they couldn't duplicate.

While the car was in the shop for the week, I was notified daily of the progress by (2) different service managers. One who initially took the car in, and one who closed me out today. Both were very friendly, and courteous as usual. Reception, and valet were as usual, very friendly.

I noticed the weatherstripping on my driver door came loose and was sticking out about 1/4" when my door is closed. This wasn't like that when I brought it in, but I'm sure when I'm due back for the dashboard fix they can handle that for me.
Complimentary car wash really wasn't needed, I planned doing a major wash this weekend inside and out. But is nice to know they care about the cleanliness and image.

Again, Lexus Of Queens did a great job. And I highly recommend.
Old 01-30-09, 12:57 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i hope they gimme free brakes too.
Old 01-30-09, 07:21 PM
bokmeipai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BoingR6
Car was dropped off on Mon. 1-26, and I picked it up this morning.

Campaign 9LA- Replace fuel delivery pipes, replaced fuel delivery pipe kit, fuel injector set. Completed
Campaign 9LB- Rear brake caliper inspected, replace rear brake pads and calipers on both sides.
Campaign 9LC- Not performed, not needed.

Dashboard rattle and creak: Found open TSIB, parts ordered and will call upon arrival. (Whoohoo, I'm due in again).

I had two other issues, one was the rattle in the sunroof which they couldn't duplicate, and the trunk latch noise which also they couldn't duplicate.

While the car was in the shop for the week, I was notified daily of the progress by (2) different service managers. One who initially took the car in, and one who closed me out today. Both were very friendly, and courteous as usual. Reception, and valet were as usual, very friendly.

I noticed the weatherstripping on my driver door came loose and was sticking out about 1/4" when my door is closed. This wasn't like that when I brought it in, but I'm sure when I'm due back for the dashboard fix they can handle that for me.
Complimentary car wash really wasn't needed, I planned doing a major wash this weekend inside and out. But is nice to know they care about the cleanliness and image.

Again, Lexus Of Queens did a great job. And I highly recommend.
Parts for dash creaks/rattles are on National backorder, 2 weeks ago I was told approximately 2 weeks. When I checked with SA this week I was told probably end of February. Apparently Lexus has a huge problem on their hands and don't have enough parts for demand.
Old 01-30-09, 07:39 PM
djentee
Pole Position

Took mine in today but my GS is only getting the SSC 9LA. My GS had 25 range miles left in the tank since they will give me a full tank of gas when I pick up my car. Got an IS 250 for a loaner for 3 days since they're taking care of my dash rattles also. Normally dealers tell you it's National Backorder and it will take "x" amount of days but actually you can tell them to "refer" it so they can get the parts sooner.

I checked and found that it's costing Lexus $4000.00+ if a vehicle goes through 9LA, 9LB, and 9LC. Oh well Toyota is uber rich.

Quick Reply: Lexus GS Recall on 2006 2007 models Just annouced