GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

They Tried To Steal The GS

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-08, 05:03 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default They Tried To Steal The GS

So it seems someones tried to break into my GS. I actually just noticed it. They tried to pry out the window by jamming a flathead behind the B pillar to pop the window off the track. Fortunitly they were not able to really do anything (i dont think they were smart to begin with). Any way they added a little crease to my drivers side pillar right above the top of the door. Oddly enough, they didnt damage any of the paint or anything, just a little crease in the pillar (which that in itself isnt even that bad). I assume once they figured they couldnt get in through the door, it looks like they tried on the sunroof because the rubber trim around the glass has a slash and a chunk missing out of it.

Doesnt appear they got into the car at all. Even if they did get in, i dont see how they would even take off with the car. Oh well im glad they damaged the ugly chrome pillar that i've been meaning to replace for a few months now. This just gives me motovation to replace the pillars.

Just thought I'd share with you folks.
Old 10-15-08, 05:08 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yup.. lexus put a whole lot of thoughts into the security part of the vehicles to make it one of the hardest cars to steal

I think the LS just won a some prestigious security award.
Old 10-15-08, 05:25 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm.. i wonder what they did after they couldn't get in your car.. any cars missing in the neighbourhood? :P
Old 10-15-08, 05:33 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear that your ride or anything in it wasn't stolen. Did this happen by your home or somewhere else?
Old 10-15-08, 05:46 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it pisses me off hearing about car damage resulting from attempted theft.

clearly they were too stupid to know that lexus are harder to steal.

but if they really wanted what was inside, they could've just shattered the glass
Old 10-15-08, 06:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

sux to see that happen but glad that your car is ok

actually as a fun experiment (if you want to try), sit inside the car and then use the remote to lock the doors. give it 10 seconds or so to let the alarm arms itself

then try to manually flip the door lock switch on the door and see what happens of course brace for the lights flashing and the horn, but look at the lock. it locks itself 3 times a second. that means if even a thief can get to flip the switch, they have less than 1/3 of a second to open the door or it's epic fail

well, at least that's the case on my gs400 and sc430. so i think the new ones are at least as good
Old 10-15-08, 06:06 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Glad that your car did you get stolen it would really suck.....
Old 10-15-08, 06:07 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
sux to see that happen but glad that your car is ok

actually as a fun experiment (if you want to try), sit inside the car and then use the remote to lock the doors. give it 10 seconds or so to let the alarm arms itself

then try to manually flip the door lock switch on the door and see what happens of course brace for the lights flashing and the horn, but look at the lock. it locks itself 3 times a second. that means if even a thief can get to flip the switch, they have less than 1/3 of a second to open the door or it's epic fail

well, at least that's the case on my gs400 and sc430. so i think the new ones are at least as good
Henry you are one of the funniest people i know haha, and for you sir im sorry to hear that they tried to steal the car, good to hear they couldn't get in though!
Old 10-15-08, 06:10 PM
Str8 VIP
Pole Position

im glad your car is cool, its funny because now i own an 03 accord and i was just telling myself.... "wow this key looks o so familar"
Old 10-15-08, 07:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

good to hear your baby is ok. Becareful though, we had a member who had his 3GS stolen in front of his house while he slept. They are not unstealable. do you guys have lojack ??? I have to have it in my cars because I live in Phoenix. very high theft rates for cars because mexico is very close. same with LA, sandiego, and certain towns in texas
Old 10-15-08, 09:04 PM
lexusgs408
Lead Lap

with the economy down there are a lot of stupid people trying to steal stuff...............sucks..................
Old 10-15-08, 09:33 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i asked a AAA guy (who breaks into cars when people lock their keys in them), about how difficult it was to break into my car (3GS). he said its nearly impossible. like Henry said.....the car will try to lock the doors almost instantaneously when the alarm is applied and unlocked from the inside. it takes him, a guy who does this crap for a living, a long time to do so. he also said these cars are 1 of the hardest, if not the hardest to steal.

true story.
Old 10-16-08, 03:15 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by farquad
hmm.. i wonder what they did after they couldn't get in your car.. any cars missing in the neighbourhood? :P
well the thing is im not sure exactly where it happened at. i realized my pillar had a slight crease in it for about 2 weeks now and my buddy took my car to his body shop to fix a few things and was asking me about it. then when we looked closer at it, you could tell someone tried to pry it out. im assuming it happened in my girls area (right outside philly).

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
Good to hear that your ride or anything in it wasn't stolen. Did this happen by your home or somewhere else?
not 100% positive where it happened since i didnt notice it right away but i would assume my girls house. would make sense too since i do remember coming out to my car one morning and when the car unlocked it made a couple extra beeping noises. i just shruged it off and got in the car.

Originally Posted by dunnojack
it pisses me off hearing about car damage resulting from attempted theft.

clearly they were too stupid to know that lexus are harder to steal.

but if they really wanted what was inside, they could've just shattered the glass
this is true, which why it leads me to believe they were trying to steal it and not break in. ive had my window busted out before and my stuff ripped out (previous car)

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
good to hear your baby is ok. Becareful though, we had a member who had his 3GS stolen in front of his house while he slept. They are not unstealable. do you guys have lojack ??? I have to have it in my cars because I live in Phoenix. very high theft rates for cars because mexico is very close. same with LA, sandiego, and certain towns in texas
yea i remember that, they took it with a flat bed. i dont have lojack on my car but im debating on getting another 2way pager alarm. i use to have one on my old car and it was very handy if i was in a store or something. if the alarm went off, the remote for the alarm would start to beep.

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
i asked a AAA guy (who breaks into cars when people lock their keys in them), about how difficult it was to break into my car (3GS). he said its nearly impossible. like Henry said.....the car will try to lock the doors almost instantaneously when the alarm is applied and unlocked from the inside. it takes him, a guy who does this crap for a living, a long time to do so. he also said these cars are 1 of the hardest, if not the hardest to steal.

true story.
thats good to know!
Old 10-16-08, 09:09 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

I remember is 2006 someone tried to open the door on my Lexus LX470 with a flathead, the keyhole was all bent around, another dummy!
Old 10-17-08, 08:04 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Does the GS have a incline sensor in the alarm system just in case if someone try to tow your car away?

Quick Reply: They Tried To Steal The GS