GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

What are you guys listening to in your GS???

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-08, 11:51 AM
rmedine
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are you guys listening to in your GS???

Just wanted to see what people have been listenin to while rolling in the GS...Being a music producer, I see people riding around in their GS's and want to know what what music they are listening to. It would be interesting to know what the majority are listening to. Your favorite music to blast is...???

Last edited by rmedine; 08-26-08 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-26-08, 06:35 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my ipod has everything in it!! if i wanna hear some Mark Levinson beats, i usually play some 2Pac, Eminem, or Tool. but most the time i just blast some Social Distortion or Rise Against at like 55!!!!

i like it LOUD!
Old 08-26-08, 08:16 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While spending over 2 hours a day in traffic, Howard Stern is my "best friend"

Also, being a fellow music producer (more like my second job, discography @ www.alex-twister.com), often I can play a pre-mastered demo of my latest tune in a repeat loop Even without premium ML, acoustics in 3GS is superb and speakers work like a great reference monitor My music style is commercial electro-house and EU hands’up commercial dance
Old 08-26-08, 08:29 PM
bulldog03s
Driver School Candidate

Young Jeezy-The Recession,Yo Gotti,Gucci Mane,R&B,All type of music
Old 08-27-08, 04:39 AM
Nash
Pole Position

I listen to Kanye, Young Jeezy, Rick Ross, exc. but i can not live without good ol ESPN Radio! Got to have my sports all the time!
Old 08-27-08, 05:22 AM
MadDawg350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Metal!!
Old 08-27-08, 05:47 AM
beercity
Rookie

Country, and children's music when chauffeuring the 1yr old.
Old 08-27-08, 08:14 AM
rmedine
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by twister
While spending over 2 hours a day in traffic, Howard Stern is my "best friend"

Also, being a fellow music producer (more like my second job, discography @ www.alex-twister.com), often I can play a pre-mastered demo of my latest tune in a repeat loop Even without premium ML, acoustics in 3GS is superb and speakers work like a great reference monitor My music style is commercial electro-house and EU hands’up commercial dance
Yea I hear ya, I am in LA so I spend 2+ hours in the car each day and love listening to Howard Stern. I dont know what I'd do without sirius. Music production is also my 2nd job and I listen to my music over and over and over again taking notes and making minor changes before going to the mastering lab. (if anyone's interested in the music I work on hit up www.myspace.com/amplifireproductions). ML system is actually a great judge of the music. Its an incredible system and you can hear a lot of minor problems in a mix by listening through the ML system. Its a great help to me while mixing.

But when I'm not doing that I am bumpin, Jeezy, Rick Ross, J.Vic (who I produce for), Lil wayne (although they play it too much now), TI, etc. I love that I'm not the only one listening to hip hop). I thought I was the only one in a GS that listened to rap.
Old 08-27-08, 08:21 AM
AnimalB
Pole Position

Opie and Anthony
Old 08-27-08, 09:42 AM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MIX 89.5 in Boston, MikeFM,

on XM, I usually have it on 83 (BPM). Having bartended in one of the top dance clubs in Boston for 10 years I love the housie/techno dance stuff.

steviej
Old 08-27-08, 10:10 AM
namseng
Driver School Candidate

been listenin to ice cube's album raw footage these days.
Old 08-27-08, 10:35 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

RE: Opie & Antony, wonder if Howard going to keep them after the merger

RE: BPM (on XM) - I just hope after the merger this channel will replace lame BEAT (on 36 @ Sirius). Good friend of mine DJ Brian Howe spins his mixes on BPM and plays some of my stuff. BPM has a better variety and more up to date fresh tunes

RE: AmplifireProductions (rmedine) - love the beats and also enjoyed song lyrics!!! It’s great how you guys trying to be original instead of imitating other hip-hop/r'n'b. Eventually, I will have to update myspace pages as well (www.myspace.com/pushdelorean and www.myspace.com/alextwisterproductions) cause they have only a few of my old productions. Most of my sounds you can hear by following iTunes links in my discography pages. Would love to do music full time for living, but it doesn't pay enough to support mortgage in Jersey and wife with two little kids at home Oh, and ML is great but dealership in my area offered it only on packages w/NAV which I didn't want. 2 years ago when I was going through my ES350 buyback and had fully loaded GS350 loaner, ML sounded really good. Although my old mp3 CDs did sound like crap on such a high quality system
Old 08-27-08, 10:55 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

My wife always listens to the news here in DC, but when it is just me alone, I crank all the latest hip hop and R&B, but mostly reggae!
Old 08-27-08, 11:43 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

freeway, cassidy, gillie, juelz, lil wayne, styles p
Old 08-27-08, 11:54 AM
orbital817
Rookie

My iPod has just about EVERYTHING in it, but in the "my faves" playlist I have music ranging from Amy Winehouse, Hooverphonic, Peter Bjorn and John, Colbie Collait, Smashing Pumpkins, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Late Night Alumni, etc...

All depends on my mood at the moment.

Quick Reply: What are you guys listening to in your GS???