GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Windshield creaking

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-08, 03:54 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ecount00
rattles over bumps for me 2. can hear them even with radio on. on secondary roads it's just really annoying. it's fine on smooth surfaces but can hear it even when hitting a little jolt on interstates too.
ecount00, have you try to address this with your dealer? If so, which one did you go to?
Old 02-13-08, 04:00 PM
bbnurdone
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But who want to take the car back to the dealer when it gets cold every year? Def NOT me. What happen after the warranty run out? Since this problem has been going on for over 2 years, so I don't think Lexus takes it seriously or maybe our voices not loud enough then. Lexus deserves the spot behind Acura and Honda from CR.
Old 02-13-08, 04:02 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bbnurdone
But who want to take the car back to the dealer when it gets cold every year? Def NOT me. What happen after the warranty run out? Since this problem has been going on for over 2 years, so I don't think Lexus takes it seriously or maybe our voices not loud enough then. Lexus deserves the spot behind Acura and Honda from CR.
You won't have to! - The dealership can fix this problem for Good!

Have you had this problem and got it fixed?
Old 02-13-08, 04:06 PM
bbnurdone
Driver School Candidate

Agree, but it still though... BTW, yes I already scheduled for third appointment. Has anybody experienced the vibration from the car sometimes?

Last edited by bbnurdone; 02-13-08 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-13-08, 04:09 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Agree, but it still though... BTW, yes I already scheduled for third appointment.
Mine is permanently fixed now! - It has been through multiple temperature variations of 20 below zero to 45 above zero and it quieter than the day I got it. Stay on them, until they fix it for good!
Old 02-13-08, 04:16 PM
bbnurdone
Driver School Candidate

PERMANENTLY??? Hummmhhhhh???? What make you said that? When did you get it fixed? Let's see how long until you take it back again to the dealer. But good luck and hope it won't happen again. I got mine fixed first time for little over a year then it came back on again, so I took it back to the dealer last friday and now I already schedule for 3rd time... so figured....
Old 02-13-08, 04:25 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

PERMANENTLY??? Hummmhhhhh???? What make you said that? When did you get it fixed? Let's see how long until you take it back again to the dealer. But good luck and hope it won't happen again. I got mine fixed first time for little over a year then it came back on again, so I took it back to the dealer last friday and now I already schedule for 3rd time... so figured....
If you got your 'fixed' over a year ago, that was the problem! - The 'real problems' don't even manifest themselves until you have about 10,000 miles on the car! - Also a year ago most dealers didn't even know how to fix the big problems. The TSIB's were pretty much worthless then!

When you get your car in 15 degrees below zero and it is silent you will know that it is fixed!
Old 02-13-08, 04:42 PM
bbnurdone
Driver School Candidate

I totally don't agree with you because I have over 15,000 miles on my car as of today, they tried to fix it second time last week and the problem still there.

Last edited by bbnurdone; 02-13-08 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-13-08, 04:49 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

I totally don't agree with you because I have over 15,000 miles on my car as of today, and they tried to fix it second time last week but the problem still there.
Listen Dude. - That is a problem with your dealership. Do what I did! - Print out the problems that people have been having here. If you search for my posts, you will find one that listed dealerships that have corrected the problem for good! - Take it to them and if they don't know how to fix it right, have them call a dealership that has corrected it! There are several people here that have had there cars fixed for good.

Listen, Don't fight me on this - I am trying to help you here and you are just trying to prove me wrong! - If that is what you want fine! - You win! - If you want your car fixed for good, you'll do what I suggest!
Old 02-13-08, 04:54 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

is it so hard to print out the TSIB available all over this site and bring it to your dealer and say "LOOK, it's ALL stated here and teaches you how to fix it"

many of the 08 owners don't have this problem, it is obviously something they already know how to fix. *forgot the OP has a 08, I am knocking on wood that this won't happen to me, however, I don't care how many free loaners i get or times i go back to the dealer. if it's not fixed, call up corporate, then you'll talk to some of the nicest people ever.

why settle for problems

Last edited by whlkev; 02-13-08 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-13-08, 05:09 PM
bbnurdone
Driver School Candidate

My apologies for making you to think that I'm trying to fight with you or trying to prove you wrong on this subject, that's NOT what I intend to do at all and thanks for trying to help me with this issue, and I will search for your posts to find that list of dealerships.

Last edited by bbnurdone; 02-13-08 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-13-08, 05:17 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

My apologies for making you to think that I'm trying to fight with you or trying to prove you wrong on this subject, that's NOT what I intend to do at all and thanks for trying to help me with this issue, and I will search for your posts to find that list of dealerships.

Here I'll help you out - Here is the thread. It lists some people at dealerships that were able to fix the problem. I gave this to the shop foreman that rode in my car and he was glad I brought it along. Worked for Me!

Rattle Post
Old 02-13-08, 05:30 PM
bbnurdone
Driver School Candidate

Thank you very much for the link :-)
Old 02-13-08, 09:44 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just made 3rd appointment for this problem after pass 15000 miles and got a phone call from local dealer's customer service saying that because this is the third time so they are required to schedule with someone from the Lexus Corp to take my car out for test drive with me so I can address the problem directly with him. I've been using my digital recorder to capture the rattles as my backup when I have a talk with this guy. This is annoying and I believe no one want to take the car back to the dealer every time it comes up again and again, very disappointed so far with Lexus . This makes me think twice with my future new car.

since you've recorded it, can you upload some to youtube?
Old 02-13-08, 10:16 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i'm wondering if the felt stuffed in the cracks will make the parts looser over time.
there's nothing we can do but wait it out for 4 years until warranty is over to see how well the felt tape holds up.

Quick Reply: Windshield creaking