GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
View Poll Results: Should i replace my emblem "GS 350" in the rear to "ARISTO"??
NO, its gay and leave it as it is
79.71%
YES, its gonna look good and is a cool mod.
20.29%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Lexus Emblems (DEBADGE)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-07, 02:02 AM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Lexus Emblems (DEBADGE)

I'm planning to remove my "GS 350" emblem off my car and replacing it with "ARISTO"

I'm wondering if there is any HOLES after you remove the original "GS 350" emblem that came with the car.
Old 12-23-07, 04:56 AM
The Godfather
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you know, I was wanting to do the same. I believe that there are hole. On my old '95 LS400, I had holes on all the emblems. I debadged it all and removed the LExus and the LS400 and had a body shop fill in the holes and respray the trunk lid.

I'm gonna say that if there are indeed holes in the trunk, that the JDM ariso badge will line up with these holes, as I doubt they would make two different trunk lids with different holes...but who knows!
Old 12-23-07, 10:47 AM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The lexus brand is now sold in Japan. This 3rd gen GS350 is not sold as a toyota aristo, but as a Lexus GS. At least what I have seen.
Old 12-23-07, 11:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

no.... don't do it tommy, it's very gay indeed....... there is NO aristo in japan anymore, the gs is.... gs in japan.... seriously it's no difference from putting civic on the car, coz' there is no such car.

there is a reason why my aristo and celsior badges are in my drawers as collector's items now
Old 12-23-07, 11:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by The Godfather
you know, I was wanting to do the same. I believe that there are hole. On my old '95 LS400, I had holes on all the emblems. I debadged it all and removed the LExus and the LS400 and had a body shop fill in the holes and respray the trunk lid.

I'm gonna say that if there are indeed holes in the trunk, that the JDM ariso badge will line up with these holes, as I doubt they would make two different trunk lids with different holes...but who knows!
i think i read somewhere that on the 3gs and 2is they have holes for the badges. surprisingly the 4ls doesn't (at least not on the lexus badge)

but godfather, how do you know they would align when there is no aristo anymore in japan on this body style?
Old 12-23-07, 02:00 PM
The Godfather
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
i think i read somewhere that on the 3gs and 2is they have holes for the badges. surprisingly the 4ls doesn't (at least not on the lexus badge)

but godfather, how do you know they would align when there is no aristo anymore in japan on this body style?
haha well I thought there was an Aristo still! Damn it! Well I won't be doing that mod now haha
Old 12-23-07, 02:18 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess I'm too late, everyone beat me to it. yeah, the GS is no longer called Toyota Aristo in Japan. But what about debadging to remove the GS350? My 2GS didn't have holes on any emblems, but don't know about the 3GS. I don't think it does.
Old 12-23-07, 02:24 PM
The Godfather
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tod071
Guess I'm too late, everyone beat me to it. yeah, the GS is no longer called Toyota Aristo in Japan. But what about debadging to remove the GS350? My 2GS didn't have holes on any emblems, but don't know about the 3GS. I don't think it does.
I'd be down for a debadge as well. it's too clutered back there. I've always debadged my cars.
Old 12-23-07, 07:34 PM
ste
Driver

never knew why someone would want to take the lexus badge off and put toyota emblems on the car. thats like buying a porsche and putting volkswagen emblems on. or even buying a jaguar and putn ford emblems on.everybody know lexus is made by toyota. so y pay 50k for a car for someone to think its a new toyota. i could see if u had a camry and wanted people to think that it was a es350 bit not the other way. guess thats something i would never understand.

Last edited by ste; 12-23-07 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-23-07, 08:28 PM
wikidbwoy
Pole Position

on my 3gs there are holes behind the gs300 but i havent tried taking off the lexus yet. i will be replacing the gs300 with the wald badge as soon as i get my kit.
Old 12-23-07, 09:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by ste
never knew why someone would want to take the lexus badge off and put toyota emblems on the car. thats like buying a porsche and putting volkswagen emblems on. or even buying a jaguar and putn ford emblems on.everybody know lexus is made by toyota. so y pay 50k for a car for someone to think its a new toyota. i could see if u had a camry and wanted people to think that it was a es350 bit not the other way. guess thats something i would never understand.
that's because you don't understand the jdm market and for previous generations, the EXACT same cars existed in japan as aristo. do you see a 911 in the vw lineup anywhere in the world?

it's not about who make the cars
Old 12-23-07, 09:23 PM
ste
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
that's because you don't understand the jdm market and for previous generations, the EXACT same cars existed in japan as aristo. do you see a 911 in the vw lineup anywhere in the world?

it's not about who make the cars
i do understand the jdm market, i have seen plenty of toyota aristo's. i know that 911 dont have vw emblems anywhere in the world, ok lets use the 3.5RL which is the honda legend. why would u spend 50k on a 3.5 Rl to make people thinks its a Honda legend, or better yet the 80k nsx and take the acura emblems off and put honda emblems. thats the reason why they marketed the cars the way they do in the 1st place, americans dont want to pay 50k for a honda or toyota,

if its not about who make the car why change the emblems, why not just take them off completely, so it has to be about who makes the car bc u wouldnt take lexus of an replace the badges with toyotas, think about it u will have toyota emblems on the outside and lexus on steering wheel, thats way to tacky for me. not like the toyota badges are going to make the car perform any better.
Old 12-23-07, 11:15 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Originally Posted by ste
i do understand the jdm market, i have seen plenty of toyota aristo's. i know that 911 dont have vw emblems anywhere in the world, ok lets use the 3.5RL which is the honda legend. why would u spend 50k on a 3.5 Rl to make people thinks its a Honda legend, or better yet the 80k nsx and take the acura emblems off and put honda emblems. thats the reason why they marketed the cars the way they do in the 1st place, americans dont want to pay 50k for a honda or toyota,

if its not about who make the car why change the emblems, why not just take them off completely, so it has to be about who makes the car bc u wouldnt take lexus of an replace the badges with toyotas, think about it u will have toyota emblems on the outside and lexus on steering wheel, thats way to tacky for me. not like the toyota badges are going to make the car perform any better.

STE: if you read carefully, i was asking about the "GS 350" badge and not the "LEXUS" badge.
Old 12-24-07, 10:12 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
I'm planning to remove my "GS 350" emblem off my car and replacing it with "ARISTO"

I'm wondering if there is any HOLES after you remove the original "GS 350" emblem that came with the car.
Tommy, since the 3GS is not an Aristo in Japan, it would be pointless. Lexus exists in Japan now so it would be also like saying my Toyota Cressida is a Lexus or my 2IS is an Altezza.
Old 12-24-07, 11:42 AM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Ryan: i totally agree with you and Henry.. I guess my "ARISTO" emblem will be on the classified section very soon for the 1st and 2nd GS owners

Quick Reply: Lexus Emblems (DEBADGE)