GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Has anyone gotten "pause" to work?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-07, 04:31 PM
steverhode
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Has anyone gotten "pause" to work?

Although the 2008 GS allows one to enter a "pause" or a "wait" in a phone number in your phone book, the "pause" doesn't work in practice as it should when speed dialing, i.e. the number 8001234567p2244 in a speed dial location should send 8001234567 then pause for a few seconds and send the rest of the number, the 2244 part. A "wait" mode means it waits for you to do something manually to send the rest of the number.

Although the system supposedly supports both "pause" and "wait," it treats both like a "wait," i.e. after sending the first part of the number, the car wants you to press a couple of more buttons to send the rest of the number. I don't why they couldn't get this right. It is SO simple.

Has anyone else been able to make a number with a "pause" in it work correctly when speed dialed?

(Yes, of course, if you have a "pause" stored in your phone itself and manually use your phone to dial it, then that will work fine. I'm talking about having the Lexus pause for a few seconds and then send the rest of the number when speed dialing from the phone book in the Lexus.)
Old 12-16-07, 04:14 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't gotten it to work. I wonder if this is a phone-specific issue. I have a Motorola.
Old 01-01-08, 07:36 PM
steverhode
Lead Lap

Angry "Pause" does not work and Lexus has verified this

Originally Posted by steverhode
Although the 2008 GS allows one to enter a "pause" or a "wait" in a phone number in your phone book, the "pause" doesn't work in practice as it should when speed dialing, i.e. the number 8001234567p2244 in a speed dial location should send 8001234567 then pause for a few seconds and send the rest of the number, the 2244 part. A "wait" mode means it waits for you to do something manually to send the rest of the number.

Although the system supposedly supports both "pause" and "wait," it treats both like a "wait," i.e. after sending the first part of the number, the car wants you to press a couple of more buttons to send the rest of the number. I don't why they couldn't get this right. It is SO simple.

Has anyone else been able to make a number with a "pause" in it work correctly when speed dialed?

(Yes, of course, if you have a "pause" stored in your phone itself and manually use your phone to dial it, then that will work fine. I'm talking about having the Lexus pause for a few seconds and then send the rest of the number when speed dialing from the phone book in the Lexus.)

I finally got back written verification from Lexus via email that "pause" does NOT work on any phone when using the Lexus Bluetooth system.

(There is one minor exception, as noted below.)

If, however, you are willing to insert a "wait" in your number, which will cause you to have to look to the nav screen and go through a couple of button push sequences whenever you use the number, then and only then will a "pause" later in that same number work.

Also, there is a fixed and not very long limit on how long a number can be (even though there is room to store 1,000 numbers), so numbers with both a wait and later a pause will likely not fit anyway, causing this exception clause to not be of much practical value.
Old 01-03-08, 07:41 PM
wimbley100
Driver School Candidate

The bluetooth phone is a major disappointment in the GS. I currently have an ES as a loaner for a while and the phone is completely different and actually works well. Who knew ?
Old 01-04-08, 12:36 AM
steverhode
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wimbley100
The bluetooth phone is a major disappointment in the GS. I currently have an ES as a loaner for a while and the phone is completely different and actually works well. Who knew ?
Actually, with the one idiotic exception of offering a "pause" function and then not making it work, I *love* all of the Bluetooth gizmos in my GS350.

I push the off-hook button and all of the speed dials come up very nicely. And the call by number voice option works flawless for me.
Old 01-04-08, 10:06 AM
sf7307
Pole Position

Me, too. Wimbley, what is it you DON'T like about the Bluetooth? (I'm not talking about the motion lockout, just the Bluetooth itself -- we use our's with several Motorola Razrs and one Palm Treo and it works very well with all of them).