GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2007 3GS NAV/DVD/CD Override plug-n-play kit test results - it works!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-07, 03:48 PM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still learning my way around. This is so much better than the wire cut option which i'm sure is beyond my capability. I see topics for 2007s and Gen5 systems in general. I have a 2006 GS300 AWD that has a Gen4 Nav. Are there any kits/options that will work for me?
Old 11-12-07, 04:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

from prestigious society, this unit should work for 06 as well

prestigious society is now an official vendor of clublexus. the GB is on
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=318055
Old 11-12-07, 05:13 PM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
from prestigious society, this unit should work for 06 as well

prestigious society is now an official vendor of clublexus. the GB is on
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=318055

Thanks. It's hard to keep track of what years have what Gen Nav. I believe my 06 GS has Gen4 and the early returns seemed focused on Gen3. Anyway, if this will work for me, I'm definitely in. email on the way to prestigious. Will look at the GB notice.
Old 11-12-07, 05:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i am not complete expert on this, but i think the override is more about the signals and controls at the back of the unit, which i think would be same between 06 and 07. the gen 4 and gen 5 nav are mainly about the screen resolution and the nav software itself.

could be wrong, send an eamil to PS and see what's up
Old 11-13-07, 09:29 PM
GlockMan9c
Rookie

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Have you thought about the small tan area at the end of the dash board just next to your right knee?? Its just below and to the left of your "blue 6" at the edge of your photo..

Side note: I'm surprised Lexus is still pumping tape decks into 07's..

Books on tapes for the old folks???
Old 11-14-07, 12:53 AM
quezacotl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
not for HI owners

100 bucks? i don't think it can be that cheap. this unit has a brain and all the plug and play wires and harnesses, and a nice button setup with led. i paid a lot more than that for sure, and even if the wire cutting mod is free i still wouldn't do it. i want to know i can still go for any warranty work when necessary
I see.

So how much was the kit? $300?

Originally Posted by EyeKutr
for quezacotl's question, this is obviously going to cost way more than a cut job but you have no warranty issues to worry about really. Or do you? Lets play the devils advocate.... would the dealer say "you are modifying the signal input to the nav system so warranty is void" I would like to ask the people who dont want to cut wires and use this instead, if something went wrong with the nav display down the road, would you take this out before taking the car in ??? I worry that if this unit malfunctions, perhaps it may make the nav goofy ??? things to consider....
Thanks for standing behind me . I actually agree; people who did the wire cutting mod can do the same thing as well. we can just pull the unit out and just reconnect all the wires back together. it's just 3 simple wires and I don't think they will actually pull out the nav unit and "spread out the wires" behind the K46 and H1 connectors to see if there were any cutting/reconnecting.
Old 11-14-07, 09:37 AM
sf7307
Pole Position

Can someone explain logistics to me -- since I've now learned that Caller ID (unless the number is in your phone book) doesn't work when moving (another annoyance), how would this work with the module -- do you always leave it in override mode except when you need the NAV to "catch up"?
Old 11-14-07, 11:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

the ID doesn't show when the car is moving. my guess is the speed sensor knows the car is moving and disable the display of the caller ID. what you need to do is press on the NAV button on the override, which will override the system (including disabling the speed sensor) so it thinks the car is not moving. then the caller ID will show up.

just did that yesterday night when i was on freeway and the phone rang. pressed on the NAV button and saw it's one of those infomercials. dropped the call
Old 11-14-07, 01:45 PM
sf7307
Pole Position

Perfect, thanks.
Old 11-15-07, 03:06 PM
LSUMatt151
Driver School Candidate

Default Does this replace the Lockpicks?

Pardon my ignorance guys, but a few questions since I'm new to all this and I've completely overwhelmed myself with information today...

1. Will this unit take the place of the Coastaletech.com Lockpick units?
2. Will it unlock all functions like getting rid of the "I agree" screen, allowing full GPS functionality while driving, allow playback from video IPods via the new VAIS Tech module while driving, etc.

Thanks for the help guys.

Matt
Old 11-15-07, 10:46 PM
wickedfn4u
Driver School Candidate

Just to clarify this will work with or without the ML correct?
Old 11-15-07, 11:22 PM
PS VIP
Rookie

Originally Posted by LSUMatt151
Pardon my ignorance guys, but a few questions since I'm new to all this and I've completely overwhelmed myself with information today...

1. Will this unit take the place of the Coastaletech.com Lockpick units?
2. Will it unlock all functions like getting rid of the "I agree" screen, allowing full GPS functionality while driving, allow playback from video IPods via the new VAIS Tech module while driving, etc.

Thanks for the help guys.

Matt
Matt, I just check the lockpick unit. I think their unit does the same thing as it advertised on their website. Unfortunately this module will not by pass the "I agree" screen. It enable all the lock out functions and allow DVD playback. Couple of our clients who installed the module had confirmed there was no conflict with the Vais tech module. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by wickedfn4u
Just to clarify this will work with or without the ML correct?
No. So far we only tested on vehicles with ML as the module is designed specific for DVD and NAVI override. We are planning on test the same module on the non ML vehicle soon. Thanks.
Old 11-17-07, 11:07 AM
LSUMatt151
Driver School Candidate

Will someone PLEASE explain Coastaletech.com's application chart?!?!?!?!?!?!? Just what exactly will I get and won't I get with their harness for a 2006 Sequoia Limited. That thing is SOOOO confusing. Thanks.

Matt
Old 11-28-07, 02:34 PM
gs450h chi
Driver School Candidate

has anyone tried bringing the button out of the center console so it would sit next to the shifter when in use but could be tucked away when not needed?
Old 12-01-07, 03:28 PM
dk0515
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just installed the module. Everything worked great. However, I was confused about the blue plug and thought it didn't match. But with Mark and Rominl's help I located the plug at the bottom of the unit. I thought it was on top .

Here's a picture of where I put my button. I'm thinking of putting velcro on the back so it sticks and maybe moving it back or forward more to hide it a little better, not sure as of now though.

Thanks for your help Rominl and Mark

David
Attached Thumbnails 2007 3GS NAV/DVD/CD Override plug-n-play kit test results - it works!-img_1322.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2007 3GS NAV/DVD/CD Override plug-n-play kit test results - it works!