GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

roll up window with remote

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-07, 08:09 PM
mefromfl
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roll up window with remote

I know if u hold down unlock on the remote, the windows goes down, how do u make the windows go back up for the lexus?
Old 09-24-07, 11:18 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mefromfl
I know if u hold down unlock on the remote, the windows goes down, how do u make the windows go back up for the lexus?
The windows will not roll back up with the key FOB. With the windowns down and/or the sunroof open, you have to take the key out of the FOB and put it in the drivers side key hole and turn it counter-clockwise (i think!!) and hold it for a couple seconds. ALL windows will roll up and the sunroof will close. i asked about that before and was told it cannot be done using the remote key FOB. Freekin' retarted if you ask me but???........

i was kinda pissed about it but just this weekend i tried to roll up the windows from the key FOB on a '04 BMW 330i and it wouldnt do it either!!! it did the same thing when the key was turned in the drivers side keyhole. its probly some liable BS neither company wants to deal with! whatever it is, it sucks.
Old 09-24-07, 11:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
The windows will not roll back up with the key FOB. With the windowns down and/or the sunroof open, you have to take the key out of the FOB and put it in the drivers side key hole and turn it counter-clockwise (i think!!) and hold it for a couple seconds. ALL windows will roll up and the sunroof will close. i asked about that before and was told it cannot be done using the remote key FOB. Freekin' retarted if you ask me but???........

i was kinda pissed about it but just this weekend i tried to roll up the windows from the key FOB on a '04 BMW 330i and it wouldnt do it either!!! it did the same thing when the key was turned in the drivers side keyhole. its probly some liable BS neither company wants to deal with! whatever it is, it sucks.
it's not retarded if you are the company who might face potential lawsuits
Old 09-24-07, 11:46 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

I stumbled across the same thing last week. I held down the remote button on accident and the windows opened. I couldn't get the stupid windows to go back up so I pulled out the key and used the door lock. Yes, it's definitely retarded. I think that these automakers have strong enough in-house counsel that they can come up with some type of disclaimer that would protect them. Lame lame lame!
Old 09-25-07, 12:18 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

It's only in the US where it's so easy to sue someone over something stupid. In all Asian countries I've been to, the key can roll up/down the windows on most of the luxury cars. There's different mentality over there. If a window rolls up on your head or arm, then it's your own stupid damn fault for putting it there. Here in the US, if that same thing happened I gaurantee that someone will sue Lexus/BMW/Benz for designing an hazardous system into the car...and will probably win the case! (McDonalds hot coffee anyone???)

Bottom line, my parents Lexus over in Asia can roll the windows up and down with the remote

I've found a workaround, but it's not an easy or cheap one. My aftermarket alarm system has a feature called comfort closure which will automatically roll up the windows upon locking the doors. I have an Autopage RS-1000 alarm(1mile 2 way pager range, autostart, and color lcd remote), but I'm sure any high quality name brand(Viper, Clifford, Compustar) alarm should be able to do the same.

Last edited by JeffTsai; 09-25-07 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-25-07, 01:31 AM
ferix
Rookie

same here, middle east version rolls up with remote (windows + sun roof)
Old 09-25-07, 07:22 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Darn US lawsuits... Same thing with the guidance lines on the back-up camera :/
Old 09-25-07, 10:06 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

So has any aftermarket alarm company or Mercedes Benz been sued yet since they are offered here with the window roll up?

Edit: Not only that, but it's only done on the driver side.
Old 09-25-07, 01:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
So has any aftermarket alarm company or Mercedes Benz been sued yet since they are offered here with the window roll up?

Edit: Not only that, but it's only done on the driver side.
it took that many years for lexus to "automate" the I AGREE button on the nav, have fun waiting
Old 09-25-07, 01:18 PM
Shon.nv
Rookie

Even my Accord's windows can be rolled up by the key from the outside, I wonder why lexus didnt put anything like that
Old 09-25-07, 01:38 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
It's only in the US where it's so easy to sue someone over something stupid.
If they don't lock out the feature then we have every right to sue Lexus because they didn't protect us from our own stupidity? By that logic, I should go out to the garage release the parking brake, put the car in neutral and roll over my foot. Wait a second.... before I do that, I will draft a letter requesting a LS600h in lieu of litigation, it might be tough to walk to the mailbox with a broken foot.

On a serious note. It's not just Lexus my '01 996 cab had a feature where you could open and close the top with the key in the door. At the same time in Europe, you could do it with the remote but not in the US (thank you for protecting me Porsche USA). My '06 997S cab does not have the key in the door feature. Now I can't open and close the top even with the key in the doorlock?!?!?! As if that can be done accidentally? Did someone cut off their head while putting the top down standing outside of the car?

Stupid stupid stupid stupid!!!!!!!!!! The funny thing is that the nav system is not locked out while the car is moving. Go figure.
Old 09-25-07, 03:42 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Shon.nv
Even my Accord's windows can be rolled up by the key from the outside, I wonder why lexus didnt put anything like that
Let me see. Roll up windows from key, or have a V-8 (and a million other things)
I take the V-8.

I wonder if C-best settings can change this? There was a CL member here who took his key fob to circuit city (2GS) and they programmed engine start and window roll up from the factory key!!

Just takes a programmer!
Old 09-25-07, 03:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Shon.nv
?! you can use the key to roll up windows from outside (on the key hole)...

mike, you sure it's all just with the oem key? i believe that needs an aftermarket alarm / unit right? i don't believe you can just "reprogram' stock ecu for that.

and no, it's not part of cbest settings
Old 09-25-07, 04:08 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
?! you can use the key to roll up windows from outside (on the key hole)...

mike, you sure it's all just with the oem key? i believe that needs an aftermarket alarm / unit right? i don't believe you can just "reprogram' stock ecu for that.

and no, it's not part of cbest settings
needs aftermarket alarm with the feature like that... plus it doesnt always work properly, at least on my rav4, it resets window ecu position so it auto up/down wont work anymore (since it doesnt know where the window is anymore)...
Old 09-25-07, 04:26 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

1sicklex- no its still dumb. probably the same person who added that rule about not rolling up the window is the same one who didnt add the auto fold to the side mirrors but yet has the auto down to the rear shade when put into reverse.
maybe the same guy who made it so the steering wheel LED llight will only go on by opening your doors. No other buttons will turn on that little led light. Even when you want all lights on.

Quick Reply: roll up window with remote