GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

I think i made a mistake

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-07, 08:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by skk440
thanks for the informative and humorous responses. I was able to get my money back. I decided to keep the clear bra (it was already included) and decided to keep the tire and rim warranty. I got my money back on the leather and exterior paint and on the low jack. I do work in NWK but the reduction on my insurance was minimal and you guys told me about the paint and leather.
Lesson learned.... it was my first major purchase. you live and you learn.
yup, live and learn, and it's good that you could get your money back
Old 08-10-07, 03:28 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trent
IMO you didn't need 2,3,or 4.
The tire and wheel warranty is an almost no-brainer nowadays. The warranty covers all road hazard damage to wheels or tires except those cause by curb scrapes. If you live in area that the police and insurance companies have identified as high-risk for car theft, Lo Jack might be a wise investment as well. Having Lo Jack installed will likely lower your insurance premiums. The paint sealant and leather protection is a joke, as well as a waste of money, in my opinion.
Old 08-10-07, 03:31 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by skk440
thanks for the informative and humorous responses. I was able to get my money back. I decided to keep the clear bra (it was already included) and decided to keep the tire and rim warranty. I got my money back on the leather and exterior paint and on the low jack. I do work in NWK but the reduction on my insurance was minimal and you guys told me about the paint and leather.
Lesson learned.... it was my first major purchase. you live and you learn.
Good decision! You will not regret "investing" in a clear bra for your car. The tire and wheel warranty is also a wise choice.
Old 08-10-07, 03:37 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bad B
Lol, I just went through the same this yesterday when I was buying my GS. I got the bra and it was a little bit more than most aftermarket places, but it allows me to have the dealer deal with any issues. Like everyone else said the paint/leather thing was/is a joke. I did get the LoJack feature, but it was only $655. I think my Finance guy really wanted to try to sell me something because I had already negotiated the clear bra with the sales rep during my offer on the car. I got the LoJack, well, just read the thread on Stolen 07 GS430 and you'll see why.

Brian
Off topic a bit because it's not a Lexus, but I purchased an `06 S4 last Saturday and the finance guy wanted me to go with Audi's financing so badly that he offered to "throw-in" the Lo Jack protection. [I said "no" and went to my credit union and saved a lot more than the cost of a Lo Jack system.] So, whomever here it was that said these are all points for negotiation is correct. By the way, I had this guy also shave $250 off the cost of the clear bra.
Old 08-10-07, 05:41 AM
Bad B
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you got your money back on the tings you really didn't need. Seems like the thread is done now, but I will say getting the clear bra at the dealer was a mistake for me. It was the precut and the fit is awful. I just didn't think to ask them if it was pre cut or a custome wrap install...
Old 08-13-07, 07:56 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

3k huh? Try to get your money back dude if 1 -3 have not been installed yet. 4 is a joke. I would have just bought new wheels and had an aftermarket pro do the clear bra with that money.

1. clear bra ($700-$800 MAX at an aftermarket pro)
2. low jack (not worth it in my opinion- with the new ignition system, it's pretty hard to steal these newer Lexus autos. I'm not saying it's impossible since I've seen stories about guys with Laptops doing it but it's definitely harder than a bunch of other cars out there)
3. exterior paint sealant and interior leather protection (blah, just wax and buff it- you'll be fine)
4. tire and rims warranty. (I'd rather get diff wheels.)