GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Possible tire replacement under warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-07, 12:33 PM
lexus4dfw
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible tire replacement under warranty?

Hi guys,

I have my 07 GS350 at the dir for its intial 5k service. It has 3400 mi and the 18" Yoko Advans are starting to howl most notable when coming to a stop. I advised the service advisor of this cond, he just called and said they had a call into the district rep. They did acknowledge they were loud. I know there has been a member or two that has been succesful in getting Lexus to cover this under warranty and switching to Michelins. Any advise in talking to Lexus?
Old 06-19-07, 12:46 PM
GS2006
Lead Lap

I got mine replace because one tire was causing a pull. They at first were only going to replace one pair not the whole set. Well, when I picked up the car, the pull was gone but for some reason the none of the tires looked new. Humm. Well, I had marked the tires to make sure they were rotated the way I wanted. Guess what.. They move the bad tire to the back. I quickly went back and said the manager, can you show me the tires you replace? He acted like he knew nothing about replacement tires . Hahha, I promptly stated, show me the bad tire or your replacing all four. They replaced all four . That was the last time I went to this dealer because for every trip they damaged the car (that was five trips ).

BTW, the warranty states that the tires are not warranted by Lexus but the tire manufacture. They stated that to me, and I asked, then why do you have a ton of these in your parts department when you do not sell tires lol.

BTW, my new set has 9k highway miles on them and they are getting loud. Well, my experience with these tires is not good. I will not put these on my car again.

06 GS430
Old 06-19-07, 01:35 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

i didn't get a complete 100% replacement, I just got them to buy my old Dunlop 5000's pro rated. that's better than nothing.
Old 06-19-07, 04:14 PM
lexus4dfw
Rookie

i didn't get a complete 100% replacement, I just got them to buy my old Dunlop 5000's pro rated. that's better than nothing.

Jace,

How many mi were on your Dunlops? Did they give you a fair price on the new ones? Michelins?
Old 06-19-07, 05:33 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up I Did!!!

After I complained for the second time about the Yokohama A10B (245/40/18), they replaced it with Michelin PS2 free of charge!!!

No wonder Sewell Lexus' Service Department is rated #1 in the Nation!!!
Old 06-19-07, 05:53 PM
GS2006
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by slk_dds
After I complained for the second time about the Yokohama A10B (245/40/18), they replaced it with Michelin PS2 free of charge!!!

No wonder Sewell Lexus' Service Department is rated #1 in the Nation!!!
what do you think of Park Place?
Old 06-19-07, 06:40 PM
audimerc
Driver

For people who have AWD cars if you are looking in the market for high performance summer tires that are quiet with AWD then you can go with Goodyear GS-D3 F1. I have had an Audi A4 with quattro and many of the summer performance tires get noisy with AWD cars over time. But many of us AWD owners have had good success with these tires and decent results with Toyo T1-R. The Yokohama tires in general are the worst with AWD and the Michelen PS2 also get loud over time.
You can also visit Audiworld.com where many have experience with AWD and tires. Hope this helps everyone.
Old 06-19-07, 07:20 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS2006
what do you think of Park Place?
IMO, at Park Place service staff are not as friendly as they should... NO APPOINTMENT NO LOANER!!!

At Sewell, service staff are friendly and helpful... Especially you can drop in anytime for service and LOANERS ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!
Old 06-19-07, 07:42 PM
GS2006
Lead Lap

IMO, at Park Place service staff are not as friendly as they should... NO APPOINTMENT NO LOANER!!!

At Sewell, service staff are friendly and helpful... Especially you can drop in anytime for service and LOANERS ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!
I can deal with the small stuff, but damage to the cars, telling you they did something when they did not and overfilling oil is something I could not. I even saw a black LS430 on a lift and the back contact point had smashed the door well and was on display for anyone to see if you walked by the bay. I could not believe it and I snapped a photo.
Old 06-20-07, 07:31 AM
MadDawg350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Immediately after the 10k service, which the dealer rotated the tires, my tires (Yoko's Advan A10B - 225/50/17) roared as if they were offroad truck tires. I knew that the tires themselves would not last long (as noted on a sticker in the window when I bought the car) and would become noisy over time but not with 10k miles on them. The noise was sooo bad that my wife did not want to ride in my car. Anyway, I've called the dealer and made an appointment for them to take a look at the tires. In the mean time, I've rotated the tires back to where they were. The tire noise is less but still there. Wish me luck.
Old 06-20-07, 08:45 AM
3GRFSE
Driver School Candidate

The advans on mine were louder than my truck at 10k miles.Lexus pointed to yokohama then yokohama pointed to lexus.I got so sick of the bs that I bought a set of Michelin Pilots.The service dept.at my local dealers are terrible.We treated our customers and their cars better at the Toyota dealer I worked at.Their big excuse was that I did not bring it in for the 5k service,which I did myself to ensure that it was done properly.
Old 06-21-07, 03:20 PM
lexus4dfw
Rookie

Update to my original post. Just got a call form my dealer stating that they are going to replace the original Yoko Advans with 4 new Michelin PS2 and a 4 wheel alignment at NO CHARGE! I have always been pleased with my dealer Lexus of Riverside, but they really stepped to the plate on this one.
Old 06-22-07, 01:58 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

very nice! now that's service with a smile
Old 06-22-07, 04:29 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are absolutely right on this one. Sewell lexus doesn't have the bling bling but but their customer service is top notch. We are an Independent Lexus and Toyota service center here in Dallas. If our client need any warranty work we send them right to Sewell Lexus. I used to work for Park Place in Plano for years before opening up JP Importz and I couldn't understand how they received the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. The bottom line is Sewell Lexus will take care of you if you have any warranty issue!!!!
JPI
Old 10-01-07, 09:54 AM
s4sammy
Driver School Candidate

Default Dealer offered to replace Yoko's but need to pay for labor

Need some advice.

The dealer offered to replace all 4 of my 17" Yoko Advans with Michelins due to cupping in the tires. I have 10,000 miles on them. However, I have to pay about $200 to mount and balance them. I know beggars can't be choosers, but should I try to get the dealer to cover the labor as well? The service advisor said this was a goodwill gesture from Lexus.

Quick Reply: Possible tire replacement under warranty?