GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New GS 350 AWD factory order placed

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-07, 01:22 PM
Sumblad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New GS 350 AWD factory order placed

Hello all,

Been lurking for sometime reading all the great posts and now actually have a reason to post.

On Sunday I placed a factory order for an '07 350 AWD-- Black Sapphire Pearl with Cashmere interior. Loaded with all the options including Pre-collision and Lexus Link. Didn't get upgraded rims or larger tires, though. The dealer said that 99% of the cars they get don't have pre-collision or Lexus Link, hence the order.

Although I would much rather wait to get the car I really want, while I sit in agony waiting can anyone who has placed a factory order say how long their wait time actually was and their location?
Old 05-11-07, 02:36 PM
BruceLeroy
Driver School Candidate

Hey, where in WA are you at? Not too many Lexus dealers out here huh...
Old 05-11-07, 02:53 PM
Sumblad
Driver School Candidate

Metro Seattle area. We have 3 here (Bellevue, Lynnwood, and Fife), and then there is one in Portland, Eugene, and Idaho.
Old 05-11-07, 03:08 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Unhappy Good Luck W/ the Special Order

Good luck waiting for your special order for the GS350awd, hope you have better luck than I did.

Initially I also placed an order for 2007 GS350awd GFM with black interior, waited over FIVE MONTHS. Still did not receive confirmation from Lexus factory, so I got 2007 GS350 GFM with ash for my BD instead.

Anyway, good luck with your order.
Old 05-11-07, 07:12 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

6 week wait for me in nyc
Old 05-15-07, 12:29 PM
BruceLeroy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sumblad
Hello all,

Been lurking for sometime reading all the great posts and now actually have a reason to post.

On Sunday I placed a factory order for an '07 350 AWD-- Black Sapphire Pearl with Cashmere interior. Loaded with all the options including Pre-collision and Lexus Link. Didn't get upgraded rims or larger tires, though. The dealer said that 99% of the cars they get don't have pre-collision or Lexus Link, hence the order.

Although I would much rather wait to get the car I really want, while I sit in agony waiting can anyone who has placed a factory order say how long their wait time actually was and their location?

Hey sumblad, what dealers have you checked out? Any positive experiences with one over others?
Old 05-23-07, 06:00 PM
bb_ae86
Driver School Candidate

Which dealership did you order from? I just picked up an '07 GS350 AWD yesterday Obsidian/Cash. I went in on Sunday and lucked out! Got it from Lexus of Fife in Tacoma, but we had to pull it from Bellevue. Bellevue and Fife dealerships are owned by O'Brian, so deal trades are pretty easy.

Old 06-03-07, 09:53 PM
Sumblad
Driver School Candidate

Great news! Just got a call from the dealer on Saturday that my GS will be here within two weeks. I'm guessing it's hopping on the boat now. Two weeks will be the 16th of June and if it is available for me to take delivery then, will have only been a 5 week wait since the order. The next two weeks is going to be awfully painful!
Old 06-03-07, 09:58 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

woo whoo!!!

the dealership here told me a factory order would take months?!
Old 06-03-07, 10:05 PM
Sumblad
Driver School Candidate

I was told 30-90 days, but when I asked what the normal time is in that range they wouldn't tell me, saying that they didn't want to overpromise or something to that effect. I really thought I'd have to wait until August or September, which would have been torture, since I have been longing for this car since last September
Old 06-04-07, 03:29 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here! I first test drove at the end of last summer and finally placed my order last Friday!!!

Should take deliver at the end of this month
Old 06-05-07, 01:23 PM
Sumblad
Driver School Candidate

*Sigh*

I went to the dealership last night and asked for the VIN number so I could get the insurance process started. They gave me the car printout with the VIN, standard features, options, prices, etc., and I noticed that the Pre-collision and Lexus Link were not listed.

I spoke to the sales manager, who at first seemed surprised and brought out my order form and compared the two and said that the one on the way was certainly not my car. He tried to cover by saying that because the Black Sapphire / Cashmere combo is not very common that whoever picked the car to be pulled just saw the available color combo and pulled it. He said that my special order was still in the queue to be made, someone else just messed up.

Naturally they have no ETA and still don't have a VIN number for me, so I'm guessing that it hasn't even begun to be made. Hopefully it was just a false alarm and waiting for the last month hasn't been been in vain.
Old 06-05-07, 02:22 PM
rlj4246
Pole Position

bummer. Hope yours gets here soon. Did you drive the 2wd? If so, could you tell me if they ride different than the 4wd? They only have a 2wd here so I cannot drive a 4wd.
Old 06-06-07, 08:51 AM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Default Told you so...

It takes forever to get a special order vehicle, especially it is near end of production for 2007. So it might be better if you pre-order the 2008 instead, just my thought anyway.
Old 06-06-07, 10:34 AM
Sumblad
Driver School Candidate

I really can't wait that long because my old car is on its last legs (read: smoking, stuttering, wheezing, ticking) and I really don't want to bother with purchasing an intermediate car for just a few months

Quick Reply: New GS 350 AWD factory order placed