GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Boy if its not one thing about the seats its another -if you have small kids read..

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-07, 07:18 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boy if its not one thing about the seats its another -if you have small kids read..

OK, So I hate my driver seat. Just can't find a spot that doesnt hurt my back or my butt. Oh well, can't fix it. Or so says Lexus.

Anyways. If you thinking aobut getting the GS and you have kids around 3-8 years old TRY AND FIT YOUR SEATS IN THE BACK. I did when I got the car. It fit. But my son is out growing the normal carseat so I bought a booster seat. Its the type where it looks like he's sitting on a stack of telephone books. No backing, just the proper height adjustment for his size.

Now then, the back seats have "hidden" clickers where they have holes to move them out of the way. BUT they don't pull out that far. If you have a booster seat, Lexus's clicker is about 2-3inches to narrow. Meaning from the door to where the clicker is, is narrow. Think made for a skinny person. The clicker part will be like an inch or so UNDER the booster. Just enough for you to spend about 15-30seconds trying to strap him in. No way can he do it himself. AUGH. I gotta see if there is a smaller booster. I was hoping he could buckle himself in, but I guess not.
Old 01-17-07, 07:40 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

I'll sell you my passenger seat of my 550i. I never really use it.
how's 5K? you'll really like it. 20 way comfort seat.

kidding man. I am sorry for your pain. I don't think they are the "best" but good. I've told you befor about my 550i. Those are the best seats I have found in any car.

Last edited by Jace7; 01-17-07 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-17-07, 09:58 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

The Lexus LS seat worked good too. I like 3 things on it. The lumbar moves up/down so I can correct the location. The bottem moves forward and back while the back stays in the same spot. Did that make sense? There was one more thing, but forgot now.

Hey try and look to the right side of your drivers seat. is there some sort of folded material between the chair and the center consol?
Old 01-18-07, 12:30 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by starstreak
The Lexus LS seat worked good too. I like 3 things on it. The lumbar moves up/down so I can correct the location. The bottem moves forward and back while the back stays in the same spot. Did that make sense? There was one more thing, but forgot now.

Hey try and look to the right side of your drivers seat. is there some sort of folded material between the chair and the center consol?
On the LS you are talking about the seat bottom. It moves fore/aft independent of the seatback like Mercedes S-Class seats. I had the same seats as Jace in my 745Li. The seat bottom doesn't move fore/aft but there is a thigh bolster that extends so it accomplishes the same thing. BMW takes it one step further though and adds a double articulating seatback. You can adjust the angle of the seat back like any other seat but it also articulates at mid back so you can cocoon yourself in the seat and support your shoulders. Get the lumbar adjustment right, turn on the heat/cool seats, turn on the massaging seat bottoms and you are good for at least 8-10 hours of non-stop driving or at least until your bladder explodes.
Old 01-18-07, 12:40 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

I forgot to mention. As far as child seats, I have kids 9,7 and 5 years old. So I have a buttload of car seats/booster seats. Mercedes and Porsche factory child seats are made by Britax. They seem to be narrower than standard booster seats. Mine fit without issues so you might want to check with a local retailer that stocks Britax to see if you can try one for fit before you buy it. Also, it's not a good idea to let your kid buckle up themselves anyways because if you are using a booster seat without a seatback, you need to use the a strap or similar device to position the seatbelt across their chest and away from their necks. Without the strap, there is a greater risk of injury even if using a booster seat.
Old 01-18-07, 04:28 AM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

true. not so much them, but on the booster I have, the click part is partly covered and it a pain to put on/off even by me. It wouldnt be so bad if Lexus allowed those click parts to extend from the seat. Mine moves half way out of the hole and that's it.
Old 01-18-07, 10:01 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

is there some sort of folded material between the chair and the center consol?
yes, my interior is black, so the fabric is black as well.
I think it is so incase you drop something, it wont fall under the seat, it'll actually stop there.
?
just a guess.
Old 01-18-07, 12:24 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

true. not so much them, but on the booster I have, the click part is partly covered and it a pain to put on/off even by me. It wouldnt be so bad if Lexus allowed those click parts to extend from the seat. Mine moves half way out of the hole and that's it.
I agree completely. Instead of making them flush with the seat bottom, they should have made them rotate out of the seatback so they are flush when not in use but easily accessed when in use. To make matters worse, the latch part that sits flush with the seat actually sinks in even further when you try to push it.