GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

VIAS Install '3rd Gen GS Edition'

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-06, 05:24 PM
bhuwan
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kuch123
yup, works fine for me..
Really? For some reason those buttons arent working for me...we're talking about the same buttons , correct? I'm referring to first picture in this thread (buttons next to casette adp) - they don't seem to work for me..
Attached Thumbnails VIAS Install '3rd Gen GS Edition'-v1.jpg  

Last edited by bhuwan; 12-23-06 at 05:25 PM. Reason: attached pic
Old 12-23-06, 06:02 PM
jaxgs350
Pole Position

OK, SLI unit went in tonight... so far, works pretty nice. Had to fiddle with the programming to get the unit into the "Cd-MD" player mode, and then had to enter Simple Mode and hit the right buttons to get the Navigation "I Agree" dismissal to work.... all in all, it works well and I am very happy.... need to fiddle with my playlists now to get it the way I want it, but that's NBD.

Thanks again for the detailed instructions with pics.... they were right in my hands while I did the install... very helpful.

Man, having that need to press "I Agree" gone is great!
Old 12-23-06, 07:49 PM
kuch123
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bhuwan
Really? For some reason those buttons arent working for me...we're talking about the same buttons , correct? I'm referring to first picture in this thread (buttons next to casette adp) - they don't seem to work for me..
Yup, those work for me, as well as on screen buttons.. anyone else having this problem ?
Old 12-23-06, 07:54 PM
bhuwan
Pole Position

Yup, those work for me, as well as on screen buttons.. anyone else having this problem ?
Interesting -- I took the unit out for now, I plan to mount it on top of the nav unit (not sure how the heck you were able to get it in between the carpet! )

I'm going to try and reprogram it once I put it back in;
For some reason, it shows "MD CHANGER" as the mode when playing the iPOD, even though I programmed it as a CD Changer...
Old 12-25-06, 06:57 AM
nyjklein
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ron,

Thanks for the great instructions and pictures. Did my SLI install yesterday in my GS450H with ML and Nav. But no way that the unit fit where your's did. I don't know if there's extra cabling in the hybrid or not, but no way would it fit.

So for now, I have the unit in the console storage compartment while I consider other options.

Jeff
Old 12-25-06, 10:02 AM
bhuwan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nyjklein
Ron,

Thanks for the great instructions and pictures. Did my SLI install yesterday in my GS450H with ML and Nav. But no way that the unit fit where your's did. I don't know if there's extra cabling in the hybrid or not, but no way would it fit.

So for now, I have the unit in the console storage compartment while I consider other options.

Jeff
How did u fit it in there?
Old 12-25-06, 05:40 PM
nyjklein
Driver School Candidate

How did u fit it in there?
I don't quite understand the question. There's plenty of room in the console. For now, I just have it sitting in there because I'm not sure I want to leave it there.
Old 12-25-06, 06:31 PM
bhuwan
Pole Position

I don't quite understand the question. There's plenty of room in the console. For now, I just have it sitting in there because I'm not sure I want to leave it there.
Sorry -- let me start by asking - didyou put it in the center console (same location kuch123 put the iPOD)?
Old 12-26-06, 05:56 AM
nyjklein
Driver School Candidate

Sorry -- let me start by asking - didyou put it in the center console (same location kuch123 put the iPOD)?
No. That's what I said in my original post.

Jeff
Old 12-26-06, 02:04 PM
bhuwan
Pole Position

No. That's what I said in my original post.

Jeff
m confused as to where u putit
Old 12-26-06, 03:14 PM
jaxgs350
Pole Position

Guys, I got the SLI installed just like Ron shows in his pics in the first post. Just make sure to orient the unit so that the audio cable wires point towards the trunk and the stereo harness points towards the engine.... it fits well, is very snug, doesn't rattle or need tape to hold it in place. Mine is RWD, so not sure this works well for AWD models....

Just takes a little patience.... it will fit and all the trim goes back into place nicely.
Old 12-26-06, 05:39 PM
kuch123
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jaxgs350

Guys, I got the SLI installed just like Ron shows in his pics in the first post. Just make sure to orient the unit so that the audio cable wires point towards the trunk and the stereo harness points towards the engine.... it fits well, is very snug, doesn't rattle or need tape to hold it in place. Mine is RWD, so not sure this works well for AWD models....

Just takes a little patience.... it will fit and all the trim goes back into place nicely.

Awesome! mine IS AWD.. so it obviously fits as well, probably just took a little MORE patience for me
Old 12-26-06, 08:18 PM
bhuwan
Pole Position

Awesome! mine IS AWD.. so it obviously fits as well, probably just took a little MORE patience for me
haha..Nice, I tried for nearly 30 mins with no luck. I'm just going to mount it directly on the nav unit;
Sadly, my SLI is going b ack tomorow, Vais Tech thinks it may be defective (I programmed it as CD mode but the nav head shows MD).
Old 12-27-06, 07:23 AM
jaxgs350
Pole Position

haha..Nice, I tried for nearly 30 mins with no luck. I'm just going to mount it directly on the nav unit;
Sadly, my SLI is going b ack tomorow, Vais Tech thinks it may be defective (I programmed it as CD mode but the nav head shows MD).
I have the ML/Navigation, and I had to program my SLI unit in CD-MD mode
to get it to work and show the song titles. It basically operates in CD Changer mode according to the LCD readout on the stereo. I hope you get your unit back soon...
Old 12-29-06, 03:38 PM
CarMonkey
Driver School Candidate

Do you need to have the XM option to get VIAS installed?

Quick Reply: VIAS Install '3rd Gen GS Edition'