GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Hit And Run!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-06, 06:26 PM
vandit23
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit And Run!!!

Hey guys...sad news...

Yesterday, I had my car parked on the street at work, and some idiot hit my car and didn't leave their information (surprise). Here are some pix...How much do you guys think it will cost? Can you guys recommend any Body shops that are good in the Los Angeles region? Should I go through Lexus for the repairs? Man, I am so pissed...I've only had her for 2 months...

The damage is isolated to the left front fender and the driver door front edge. I am unable to open the door fully...

Any help would be appreciated...Thanks guys...
Attached Thumbnails Hit And Run!!!-photo_120606_001.jpg  
Old 12-06-06, 06:32 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

My audi a4 hit a deer recently and it cost My insurance $8750.
So i would think it would cost you around 10,000. You do have insurance right? And man, i feel so sorry for you. I remember when someone hit and run my Lexus LX the day after I got it....I chased that guy up and called the police...Anyways I recommend you take it to a high reputation body shop
Old 12-06-06, 06:33 PM
GreatSmile
Pole Position

Ouch!! sorry to hear about your loss.

I'd do some research and find a good body shop to do the work. Some Lexus dealerships do not have their own body shops but they will recommand where you can go. Hopefully, no suspension/alignment issue and just plain body job.

I was involved in an accident earlier this year with a dealership loaner car. (an accord). Left front end damage needing a new fender, left headlight...etc. Ins paid a little over 6k for all damage.

Last edited by GreatSmile; 12-06-06 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-06-06, 06:40 PM
knicker
Pole Position

sorry to hear brother.....i was hit by some ******* at the store, luckily it was only a door ding........but the same ****....he didnt leave his info.
Old 12-06-06, 07:10 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vandit23
Hey guys...sad news...

Yesterday, I had my car parked on the street at work, and some idiot hit my car and didn't leave their information (surprise). Here are some pix...How much do you guys think it will cost? Can you guys recommend any Body shops that are good in the Los Angeles region? Should I go through Lexus for the repairs? Man, I am so pissed...I've only had her for 2 months...

The damage is isolated to the left front fender and the driver door front edge. I am unable to open the door fully...

Any help would be appreciated...Thanks guys...
Wow vandit, that is awful. Once you have the insurance estimate maybe you can get the dealer to do the repairs for that price. If not for any reason, I'm sure they can suggest a body shop for you. Good luck with it, I know how you feel, same thing happened to me several years ago.
Old 12-06-06, 07:25 PM
vandit23
Driver

Originally Posted by suhyuk1214
My audi a4 hit a deer recently and it cost My insurance $8750.
So i would think it would cost you around 10,000. You do have insurance right? And man, i feel so sorry for you. I remember when someone hit and run my Lexus LX the day after I got it....I chased that guy up and called the police...Anyways I recommend you take it to a high reputation body shop
WTF!!!!! 10K???? Wow, what did u get repaired?

Thanx guys, for all your help. I am sure there is no alignment problems...Car runs straight. I think all the damage is exterior, and no interior components have been harmed...

I've been looking around the board for some body shop recommendations, but they seem a bit too far...Los Angeles would be preferred.

I was wondering...are there any camera systems for in car use for situations like these? I was thinking I would get those spy clock cams from sharper image and place them inside the car and have surveillence through my windows...sounds drastic, but I am so pissed off...
Old 12-06-06, 07:30 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

WTF!!!!! 10K???? Wow, what did u get repaired?

Thanx guys, for all your help. I am sure there is no alignment problems...Car runs straight. I think all the damage is exterior, and no interior components have been harmed...

I've been looking around the board for some body shop recommendations, but they seem a bit too far...Los Angeles would be preferred.

I was wondering...are there any camera systems for in car use for situations like these? I was thinking I would get those spy clock cams from sharper image and place them inside the car and have surveillence through my windows...sounds drastic, but I am so pissed off...
The front chassis was bent, headlights smashed, frame crushed and grill snapped. It's still in the shop and the total price was $8,750.Oh and also I needed to get a new intake and a new hood But ur car I think the max cost will be $5000 i hope
Old 12-06-06, 07:38 PM
vandit23
Driver

Originally Posted by suhyuk1214
The front chassis was bent, headlights smashed, frame crushed and grill snapped. It's still in the shop and the total price was $8,750.Oh and also I needed to get a new intake and a new hood But ur car I think the max cost will be $5000 i hope
That's sounds better, but still is 5k that I shouldn't be spending...Anyway, thanks, man. I wish society were more honest. i rember my last car was involved in a hit and run also, and some good samaritan witnessed the incident and I caought the guy who hit my car. Too, bad the good samaritan didn't leave a contact number...Anyway, maybe I have dumb luck with cars or something...
Old 12-06-06, 07:45 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Yep, the damage looks close to about 4-5K or so. New fender, new door, painting, and maybe repair some of the internal stuff (hinges/racks) on the upper subframe where the door and fender bolt into. Either way though, you can never completely judge actual damage just by a simple photo like that. I recommend you to take it to a good body shop in your area. Goto the Lexus dealer first to see if they have their own, if not they will refer you to a reputable and reliable shop.
Old 12-06-06, 07:55 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

That's sounds better, but still is 5k that I shouldn't be spending...Anyway, thanks, man. I wish society were more honest. i rember my last car was involved in a hit and run also, and some good samaritan witnessed the incident and I caought the guy who hit my car. Too, bad the good samaritan didn't leave a contact number...Anyway, maybe I have dumb luck with cars or something...
No you wouldn't be spending 5k if you have insurance Do you?
Anyways please dont talk about luck with cars with me. My girlfriend gets into accidents with her IS all the time.My LX, the day after I got it there was a hit and run.Then 2months after I got it someone scratched my bumper badly and ran away at CHURCH(how dishonest!! ).Then 1 month before today some person literally rammed into my rear bumper with a 97 staratus.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=247165
Then a DAY after that a yukon kicked up a rock to my windshield and cracked it up 10.5".

Now speaking of bad luck with cars, my new 06 A4 that I got 3 months ago, 6 days after I got it a woman with three kids driving a MB E500 crashed into me in the rear (all her fault).Then after 1 month of being in the shop I hit a deer on I-75 and it jacked up my A4
Attached Thumbnails Hit And Run!!!-111206_21381.jpg  
Old 12-06-06, 07:59 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

here is one pic of the A4 i took before it went to the shop. Will post more pics soon.
Attached Thumbnails Hit And Run!!!-111106_19321.jpg  
Old 12-06-06, 08:23 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Really sorry to hear about the hit and run. Hopefully these cowards will get what they have coming.
Old 12-06-06, 08:54 PM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

No Way Will That Cost 5k To Fix, That Damage Is 2k Tops To Fix. Mark My Word.
Old 12-06-06, 09:11 PM
HKN
Lead Lap

Sorry To Hear About The Hit And Run...what Goes Around Comes Around So I'm Sure The Guy Who Hit Ya Will Get His.
Old 12-06-06, 09:14 PM
hsk73
Lead Lap

Don't worry... Doesn't look that bad... Shound't cost you too much...
I saw some 3GS fenders and door pieces on Ebay. Maybe you should just get those and get them painted?? They might even have them in your color?

Quick Reply: Hit And Run!!!