GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Does your GS give you a neck ache when you get out?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-06, 05:46 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does your GS give you a neck ache when you get out?

This probably qualifies as the stupidest post in the forum... I find that I am always looking back at the car as I walk away. I love the way this car looks! Obviously, I try to do it when I am certain that nobody can see me but the 3GS is real purr-dee.

Once again, I can't put into words how pleased I am with this car. I have car ADD and end up flipping cars every year or so. Some don't even make it a year but this one is definitely a keeper.
Old 11-21-06, 05:54 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
This probably qualifies as the stupidest post in the forum... I find that I am always looking back at the car as I walk away. I love the way this car looks! Obviously, I try to do it when I am certain that nobody can see me but the 3GS is real purr-dee.

Once again, I can't put into words how pleased I am with this car. I have car ADD and end up flipping cars every year or so. Some don't even make it a year but this one is definitely a keeper.
It sounds like you've been L-Finesse'd...
Old 11-21-06, 06:37 PM
RandalR
Pole Position

This probably qualifies as the stupidest post in the forum... I find that I am always looking back at the car as I walk away.
I thought I was the only one who did that! I try to square up my shoulders, though, to avoid straining my neck.
Old 11-21-06, 07:33 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't worry, you're not alone. My girl thought I'd be over it already as it's been over a year since I got the GS, but she's wrong. I'm still in the honeymoon phase and can't resist looking at it when I walk away.
Old 11-21-06, 09:00 PM
knicker
Pole Position

every time I get out I do the same damn thing....the cars are beautiful.
Old 11-21-06, 09:17 PM
sbrown02
Pole Position

Caught myself doing a double take today. First look was to make sure I gave her enough space in the parking spot and the second was the, "man that car looks hot" look. However, the look that's the most fun is the long stare from others admiring the style of the GS design.

Tonight while driving somewhere with my wife she said she was in the car the other day and drove past a couple at the mall. She said the guy stopped what he was doing to watch the car go by and then he mouthed something to his wife, who just rolled her eyes.

It was classic to hear my wife tell that story cause she's just glad I'm no longer the drooling onlooker wishing I owned a GS.

Yes, this car is awesome.
Old 11-21-06, 11:13 PM
hsk73
Lead Lap

When I first saw the post.... I thought you were complaining about low roof line...
Old 11-22-06, 06:30 AM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree the car is beautiful...I dont have one yet, but its definitely one that draws my attention on the freeways....the front is absolutely perfect but the back, honstly, leaves a little to be desired.
Old 11-22-06, 07:45 AM
GreatSmile
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hsk73
When I first saw the post.... I thought you were complaining about low roof line...
Same here.
But I thought it was because of your profession that causing the neck ache.
And, yes.. I do the same too, catching myself looking/checking at the car. And also, checking to see if I get my first door ding. I am so not looking forward to this holiday shopping season. I told my wife that we are taking the van to go shopping because I don't want to get any door ding!
Old 11-22-06, 10:53 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by hsk73
same here

Glad you like your 3GS, but more so than your 996 2th/toothfixr?
Old 11-22-06, 11:22 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
same here

They are very nice, but they all look the same
Old 11-22-06, 11:28 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
same here

I love my GS but it's not THAT nice. Honestly I don't drive my 997S too much these days so it has pretty much become my garage queen. The only times that I have taken out the Porsche in the past few weeks is when my boys wanted to ride in it. I even had to get a Porsche battery maintainer because the battery went dead a couple of months ago.
Old 11-22-06, 11:36 AM
IS350inCA
Driver School Candidate

I love my GS but it's not THAT nice. Honestly I don't drive my 997S too much these days so it has pretty much become my garage queen. The only times that I have taken out the Porsche in the past few weeks is when my boys wanted to ride in it. I even had to get a Porsche battery maintainer because the battery went dead a couple of months ago.
feel free to drop it at my driveway when you don't use it!
Old 11-22-06, 12:54 PM
GreatSmile
Pole Position

I even had to get a Porsche battery maintainer because the battery went dead a couple of months ago.
I'll be more than happy to keep your Porsche charged up for you. I won't even hand you a bill. Just drop it off whenever you want.
Old 11-22-06, 05:14 PM
Franknyc30
Driver

i thought i was the only psycho that took that extra look while walking away. today i put on chrome license plate bracket. I took out the garbage that was only half full just to have an excuse to go out and look at it. I cant wait for the next fight with the old lady just to have somewhere nice to sleep.

Quick Reply: Does your GS give you a neck ache when you get out?