GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Blinder40 install pics????

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-06, 07:47 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinder40 install pics????

Hey all I have my V1 hardwired. I prefer to have it on the horizon of my dash, so I have the power droping down the center speaker, linking it to the ciggarett lighter fuse.
My question is this. ANyone have pics as to where they might have installed their blinder 40?
If you're not familiar its a jammer that has 2 headers and 2 footers. 2 for front and 2 for back. I'd like suggestions as to where to mount my units.
I am thinking of cutting the grill in the front and installing 2 in there. the back two, not sure. Obvisouly they need to be close to the lights or plates for best deflection.It's an active system not a passive one.
Thanks.
Old 10-24-06, 08:48 PM
Irishman06
Lead Lap

I've seen quite a few posts about radar jammers on CL, and I think some clarification is needed:

You guys know that owning/operating a jammer is a MUCH bigger ticket/penalty, in any state, than just getting caught speeding, right? Its not even worth it. HIGHLY ILLEGAL. IN ALL 50 STATES.
Old 10-25-06, 06:50 AM
BlitzIS350
Pole Position

only if you get caught tho my freind
Old 10-25-06, 04:29 PM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I thought they were not legal though not made illegal. I doubt they will be able to give you a bigger ticket for this. jammers are relatively unknown and not widespread to the point where they have been specifically outlawed. wheres your basis for saying its a much bigger fine? what are they going to do , write you up for a higher speed?
Old 10-25-06, 05:36 PM
okcfunky
Pole Position

Well, unless its explicitly on the books that radar &/or laser jammers are illegal, go ahead. Search your state laws, if it's ambiguous, then let an attorney get involved, if the law decides to squeeze, it could go FCC (but only on radar), but I don't know the penalties for "unlawful jamming"
Old 10-25-06, 05:45 PM
Irishman06
Lead Lap

http://www.radarjammer.com/its-a-fel...jammer-ban.htm

http://www.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Complianc...7/fcc97404.txt

Its most decidedly an FCC issue, its even worse than a ticket, its a felony!

Additionally, jammers are EXTREMELY easy to catch, since they usually work by sending back a "false" signal of speed (i.e., the radar signal comes back to the gun reading some nonsense, usually around 60mph). If you're going 90, it doesn't matter, since most troopers are visually certified to measure speed +/- 5 mph.

Good luck, I'll keep my V1. It only failed me when I wasn't using it in Virginia.

Last edited by Irishman06; 10-25-06 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-25-06, 06:47 PM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Are you kidding me? You're relying on your V1? No radar/lidar detector can give you any advance notice on lidar. I dont know about you guys but here in GA they are only using lidar these days. V1 or POS Cobra, you're not getting an advantage from using a detector when lidar is being used. its beam is too narrow and focused. won't hit your detector unless ure the one getting tagged for the most part.
Old 10-25-06, 07:55 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

yes, illegal, so is speeding. it's about a $1,000 fine and yes possible 1 year jail time, but I've NEVER seen any friends that got the full charge when they got caught. maybe $100.00 maybe $200.00
They give a JTG, = jam to gun reading when the cop guns you, but the second you get a 100% hit, never any false!!!! you hit the breaks, then hit the kill switch when you get to speed. Then when you are at speed the cop(who is still trying to get your speed) now does, but you aren't speeding....
I'm not asking if they are legal, I know they aren't. I just want some pictures of install, but thank you for at least mentioning it.

A ticket is cheaper than the fine for getting caught with one, but I have been hit probably 7 times in my 550i, each time, slowing down, then hitting the kill switch. I have actually passed by the cops who have a confused look on their face.
So if you add up my hits 8 different times, which is about a 200 fine for each time, this has not only paid for itself, but I also saved money in fines.

Last edited by Jace7; 01-23-07 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-23-07, 03:34 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

Just wanted to bring this topic up again, but does anyone have any pics of any stealth upgrade?
Blinder 40 is the one I am considering... the same as my 550i.
Old 01-23-07, 03:58 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

laser jammers are legal in most states Radar jammers are illegal everywhere.

Picutre here in this thread
http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/show...hlight=blinder
Old 01-23-07, 04:20 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by morris
laser jammers are legal in most states Radar jammers are illegal everywhere.

Picutre here in this thread
http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/show...hlight=blinder
yes they are. it's good to post that incase some might not know...

I looked and msg you.

Thank you.
Old 01-24-07, 06:39 AM
conclevage
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Irishman06
http://www.radarjammer.com/its-a-fel...jammer-ban.htm

http://www.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Complianc...7/fcc97404.txt

Its most decidedly an FCC issue, its even worse than a ticket, its a felony!

Additionally, jammers are EXTREMELY easy to catch, since they usually work by sending back a "false" signal of speed (i.e., the radar signal comes back to the gun reading some nonsense, usually around 60mph). If you're going 90, it doesn't matter, since most troopers are visually certified to measure speed +/- 5 mph.

Good luck, I'll keep my V1. It only failed me when I wasn't using it in Virginia.
It sucks that Virginia and Washington DC are the only two places in the US in which Radar Detectors are illegal....ughhhhhhhh.
Old 01-24-07, 09:12 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

just be smart about them. They don't have anything out there that detects if you "have" a redar detector on in your car....

Just keep it out of sight if it's a concern.

Active radar jammers, are what I am referring to, and they are ILLEGAL in EVERY STATE>
The Passive radar jammers are crap, but they are legal.
Wouldn't waste my money on a passive, if you actually want something that works.
Old 01-24-07, 11:04 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As far as I'm told, most laser jammers don't even work anyway.
Old 01-24-07, 11:13 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TheRupp
As far as I'm told, most laser jammers don't even work anyway.
completely NOT true. The BLINDER M40, which I have, and it WORKS FANSTASTICALLY>

It is the best jammer on the market as of now. They are actually coming out with a new blinder that is supposed to be ever better.

Maybe you are referrring to passive jammers.?
yes, they are crap.

But active jammers, the one I mentioned it the best, and works perfectly every time, 100% accuracy and 100% liability, NEVER a false reading.
Never

go check for yourself.... http://www.radarbusters.com/

Last edited by Jace7; 01-24-07 at 11:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Blinder40 install pics????