GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Drumroll please...Introducing my Starfire Pearl GS350

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-06, 05:00 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats man looks good
Old 10-18-06, 05:00 AM
cxp2001
Lead Lap

Congrats on your new ride. It is a beauty...Have fun with her...
Old 10-18-06, 05:10 AM
RandalR
Pole Position

Congratulations! Now, fellow Californian, you get to punch holes in that nice front bumper to mount the license plate.
Old 10-18-06, 05:56 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats, looks very nice.
Old 10-18-06, 06:26 AM
jdmdaddy
Lead Lap

Congrats on you GS! Looks great.

-Craig
Old 10-18-06, 08:43 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Wow. Congrats!! A very nice ride indeed.
Old 10-18-06, 10:18 AM
SilverSprt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jaxgs350
Nice ride!

I ordered the exact car, RWD, with the exception of adding 18" G-Spiders and XM to mine. It arrived at the port yesterday, and comes off the RO-RO today to be taken to the dealer. There the G-Spiders and XM will go in, and some very fine hand painted pinstripes will be laid on (not tape!). With any luck I will have it by Friday... stay tuned for pics. I have a good tint shop that will take care of the window in short order, but I have yet to hear of a local place that knows how to lay down the Clear Armor product.... I'll look harder now that it's here.
Good luck with your new ride. I look forward to seeing the pictures with the G-Spiders rims. Lucky you with the XM. They didn't even mention it in here in California when I purchased the care. You'll definitely be happy with the clear armor. My other Lexus has many chips on the bumper and hood. It's painful to look at.

Originally Posted by lossimo
very nice ride,bro!!

any regrets on not having the black interior????
As of now, I don't have "regrets", but obviously with the cashmere interior it's much tougher to it clean. You will see the scuff marks more, dirt on the your carpet etc. In the long run, I will have appreciated having the black interior more due to maintenance. The tan interior is a beauty. The wood goes well! I ordered my all weather floor mats so those should be on it's way.
Old 10-18-06, 10:30 AM
jaxgs350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SilverSprt
Good luck with your new ride. I look forward to seeing the pictures with the G-Spiders rims. Lucky you with the XM. They didn't even mention it in here in California when I purchased the care. You'll definitely be happy with the clear armor. My other Lexus has many chips on the bumper and hood. It's painful to look at.

As of now, I don't have "regrets", but obviously with the cashmere interior it's much tougher to it clean. You will see the scuff marks more, dirt on the your carpet etc. In the long run, I will have appreciated having the black interior more due to maintenance. The tan interior is a beauty. The wood goes well! I ordered my all weather floor mats so those should be on it's way.
Smart move on the aftermarket mats. I plan to do the same once I find some that
are nice and not too cheap-looking. If you have some you recommend, post the link
here please.

I wrestled long with the black vs. cashmere interior, and in the long run the wood that is
used with the black just didn't do it for me.... the one for the cashmere was a much nicer
look, at least by my measure. YMMV. I really wanted a black/tan interior combo like
in my SLK, but the cashmere is pretty close. I am happy with the decision ;-)

Now, if the union at the port would just get the car over to the dealer, I'll be all set! I am not good at this waiting bit..LOL..... btw, just sat in and cranked up the new LS a couple hours ago... I was in the LWB edition. Man, is that back seat ever roomy. Could easily fit 2 300+ 6'6" guys back there with lots of room. And the adjustable rear seats are a hoot... I could get very comfortable there....
Old 10-18-06, 11:10 AM
SilverSprt
Pole Position

Hey Jax,

I picked up these Lexus floor mats

All Weather Floor Mats

I got them in black, and they were specifically made for the GS so they should fit perfectly. They also have the Lexus logo on them which is nice. Hope this helps.
Old 10-18-06, 11:36 AM
jaxgs350
Pole Position

Let me know how you like them... the pic is pretty weak, hard to tell what they
are really like w/o seeing them in person. I may see if my dealer has them
in stock to see firsthand... from what little looking I did, these mats and the
weathertech look to be good choices for non-carpet mats. Thanks for posting the link.
Old 10-18-06, 11:45 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Let me know how you like them... the pic is pretty weak, hard to tell what they
are really like w/o seeing them in person. I may see if my dealer has them
in stock to see firsthand... from what little looking I did, these mats and the
weathertech look to be good choices for non-carpet mats. Thanks for posting the link.
I have those exact same all-weather mats for a year now and they're holding up great. The black mats look great in my black interior and I'm never going back to the factory carpet mats.
Old 10-18-06, 12:37 PM
GreatSmile
Pole Position

I have these all weather mat in mine too. With snow season coming up, I definitely are not going back to factory carpet.

BTW, the car looks sharp!
Old 10-18-06, 01:24 PM
jaxgs350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SGT
I have those exact same all-weather mats for a year now and they're holding up great. The black mats look great in my black interior and I'm never going back to the factory carpet mats.
Good to hear the experience with these mats... thanks. Makes me want to get a set now...
Old 10-18-06, 01:27 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Good to hear the experience with these mats... thanks. Makes me want to get a set now...
They're extremely easy to clean, too. Debris won't cling to it like it does on the carpet mats and if they get muddy, just spray them down with a hose. They also dry quick under the sun.
Old 10-18-06, 01:36 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats on the car! Now you just need the DVD/NAV mod. I will try to get something together for you ASAP.

Quick Reply: Drumroll please...Introducing my Starfire Pearl GS350