GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-13, 03:40 PM
tunez
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by macjac69
Installed a Varad suspension lighting sys. on my 09 IS-250. It's prewired with a +12v lead to tap into a aftermarket alarm, courtesy lights, etc....
Did a search and found that the cars sys is -12v at the domelight. and when tapped at that point the domelights in the car go off but the Varad sys turns on so the the results are exactly opposite of what I'm looking for... Wanting the lights to work in conjunction with the factory fading domelight Any help?? looking tap as close to the driver fusebox as possible

Thanks
Dome Supervision:
purple (dome lamps), lt. green (puddle lamps)
Body ECU LH on driver dash fuse box, white 10 pin plug, pins 2, 4

You will need to use a relay to turn the negative trigger to a positive output.
Old 07-03-13, 03:41 PM
macjac69
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tunez can you e mail a rough sketch of how that wiring looks on the relay. I have plenty of relays just don't know how to set them up or tap into the recommended purple wire? For activation with my courtesy lamps??
Thanks
Old 07-09-13, 01:40 PM
TONYNO213
Driver School Candidate

hello CL
I want to introduce my self my name is Tony I've been lurking on and off since 08 but recently my wife's 2008 es350 was totaled (she is ok thank god) and we went looking for her replacement and found a 2007 gs350 30k miles and we are impress. So my ? is this is there anyone local that can help me do some of the mods that I've been reading for the past two weeks man my brain is on overload but modding is in my blood. I live in los angels by the way near staple center any help I would appreciated.

A lil bit about my self I am a certified car nut I own 2 1995 impala SS but since 2007 I've own about 30 impalas and I run a local impala ss club called Impala's and caprice's 91 to 96 only. Since buying our GS I feel like I want one also my choice would be a GS430 or an IS-F which now im on the hunt for.

well I want to thank all of you for the great Mod's on these cars looking forward to learning and modding away...
Old 08-03-13, 10:01 PM
tunez
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by macjac69
Tunez can you e mail a rough sketch of how that wiring looks on the relay. I have plenty of relays just don't know how to set them up or tap into the recommended purple wire? For activation with my courtesy lamps??
Thanks
Sorry I went MIA. The first two diagrams of this link will do it for you if you haven't figured it out already.
http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page1.asp
Old 09-11-13, 07:18 PM
mjlexus
Driver School Candidate

I had to put mine in neutral for it to work...Wouldn't budge otherwise.
Old 09-21-13, 04:02 PM
mjlexus
Driver School Candidate

As I mentioned elsewhere it would only work when I had the car in Neutral instead of Park.
Old 09-25-13, 07:24 AM
gsssss
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kuldar
Tryed it yesterday and left them on during luch and they were still on when I got back(30min). Monoroof was also open, could that affect the timer?
Locking your car twice with the remote should turn your lights off instantly.
Old 10-16-13, 05:53 PM
ka0bit0
Driver

Unhappy Adjust headlamp auto off, some light time etc ???

Hopefully I don't get flamed. But I just bought an 08' 350 today, and briefly tried to get into some kind of menu that would allow me to adjust those settings. ...thanks in advance !!!
Old 12-08-13, 09:24 PM
richsoule
9th Gear

It is just lovely
thanks alot
Old 12-28-13, 06:51 AM
dwayne4lex
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Eternity3G
This will turn off your seat belt warning "beeping" for the driver and passenger side. This will only need to be done once in the lifetime of the car as it will retain in the vehicle memory.

*** According to Valet Park , you must have windows up... ***
1) Get into the car w/ ignition off and close the doors
2) Open the "flip console" to your left (mirror / gas lid console)
3) Start engine and set the LCD on the combination meter to the "ODO" display using the ODO/TRIP button. Turn off engine.
4) Now, W/O applying the brakes (don't actually start engine but turn on the electronics.), press the "Engine Start/Stop" button twice. You should see the check engine light and battery light on in the dash. (DO NOT START THE ENGINE)
5) Hold the ODO/TRIP button. Wait ten seconds, and while still holding the button, buckle the driver’s seat belt.
6) The LCD displays "Seat Belt Buzzer On/Off". Release the button. Pressing the ODO button toggles the On/Off

7) I believe you may need to repeat the process for the passenger side.

Drive safe!
Wow! This really does work. The only thing I would add is that when you go to push the start button twice without starting the car, let the LCD screen go through the engine check cycle before holding the ODO button for 10 seconds.
Old 01-21-14, 07:45 AM
sxwk12
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got my alternator changed out and the seat belt buzzer came back. I tried to do the steps above just like I did before but this time it didn't work.
Old 02-25-14, 10:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...l-or-fake.html

Thanks to IXI187IXI for bringing this up. Saw a few threads on bulbs these days and the above thread is a great reference on how to see if the bulbs are authentic or not. While you might be able to find good deals on ebay, it's also important to stay educated and make sure you are not being scammed
Old 05-07-14, 08:53 AM
rustyd
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear View Mirrors

Is there any way to program the mirrors so they don't move when you put the car in reverse? I think the motors on mine are going out, the drivers side doesn't go down at all and the passenger side does sometimes. Then when you put in drive, I always have to re-adjust the mirrors.
Old 05-07-14, 11:48 AM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

in the left side corner panel where u select which mirror u want to adjust press it so none of them are selected
Old 05-08-14, 07:15 AM
rustyd
Rookie

I read that. I'll try again today, but I am thinking that it didn't work when I did it before. Thanks

Originally Posted by mr3gs300
in the left side corner panel where u select which mirror u want to adjust press it so none of them are selected

Quick Reply: Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's