GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-13, 04:47 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Sun going down

Sun going down
Attached Thumbnails Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's-e1.jpg   Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's-e3.jpg   Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's-e4.jpg   Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's-e5.jpg   Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's-e6.jpg  

Old 03-10-13, 07:00 AM
Chaos236
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Radio issues

Help'
I did a search. My 116K mi 06 300 is vary rarely losing radio power. You must turn the car off and orr hit the poewr button alot to get it back.
My wife is due in Sept and it may become her car. Everything must to work or she will want something more reliable(first kid).
Where should Iook to fix?
Can I up grade to a full navi stock sytem?
I know this is a common q but I could nod find the posts.
Thanks you.
Old 03-10-13, 11:18 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaos236
Help'
I did a search. My 116K mi 06 300 is vary rarely losing radio power. You must turn the car off and orr hit the poewr button alot to get it back.
My wife is due in Sept and it may become her car. Everything must to work or she will want something more reliable(first kid).
Where should Iook to fix?
Can I up grade to a full navi stock sytem?
I know this is a common q but I could nod find the posts.
Thanks you.

Does the power shut off while driving or at idle? Sounds like the car is dropping voltage somewhere. I would inspect the terminals battery first to make sure they are tight, then the battery voltage and then inspect the alternator to see if it is charging properly. You can take it to these big auto parts stores a lot of times they have machines that diagnose your cars battery and alternator.
Old 03-21-13, 04:42 PM
Chaos236
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Battery and alternator are good. Did it three times today. Had to shut off car and restart. Never does it while driving. Thoughts? Thanks.

Last edited by Chaos236; 03-22-13 at 06:38 AM.
Old 04-07-13, 02:29 PM
Lexluger08
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey I'm looking to install the usb interface in my 2008 gs350 whheres the best place to find a good one

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 04-09-13, 12:30 AM
4ts
Driver School Candidate

My GS460 got water inside the head lamp. Any one know where to buy online the new one. Thanks
Old 04-09-13, 10:28 AM
isam250
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Wait till summer, open the head light cover and let the heat warm it up and it will be good as new. Had the same problem with my IS
Old 04-09-13, 04:07 PM
MCCR
Driver

Default Seat belt buzzer bypass not working

2007 GS 350. followed the steps to a T, I get the on/off option(windows up and down), but once i turn the ignition off, then back on. the seat belt warning bell comes on still. here are the two different steps I followed.

question-once it shows seat belt buzzer off, do i remove seat belt, turn off igintion, or just turn off ingintion?

*** According to Valet Park , you must have windows up... ***
1) Get into the car w/ ignition off and close the doors
2) Open the "flip console" to your left (mirror / gas lid console)
3) Start engine and set the LCD on the combination meter to the "ODO" display using the ODO/TRIP button. Turn off engine.
4) Now, W/O applying the brakes (don't actually start engine but turn on the electronics.), press the "Engine Start/Stop" button twice. You should see the check engine light and battery light on in the dash. (DO NOT START THE ENGINE)
5) Hold the ODO/TRIP button. Wait ten seconds, and while still holding the button, buckle the driver’s seat belt.
6) The LCD displays "Seat Belt Buzzer On/Off". Release the button. Pressing the ODO button toggles the On/Off

(a) Driver and front passenger side seat belt buzzers
(1) Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
(2) Press the ODO/TRIP switch until the odometer displays "ODO".
(3) Turn the ignition switch off.
(4) Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
(5) Press the ODO/TRIP switch immediately (within 6 seconds) and hold it down for 10 seconds or more.
(6) Continue holding down the ODO/TRIP switch and fasten the driver side seat belt.
(7) Check that the odometer displays either "b-on" or "b-oFF".
(8) Press the ODO/TRIP switch to change the display to "b-oFF".
(9) Turn the ignition switch off.
(10)Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
(11)Check that no buzzer sounds.
(b) Front passenger side seat belt buzzer
(5) Sit in the front passenger seat. Press the ODO/TRIP switch immediately (within 6 seconds) and hold it down for 10 seconds or more.
(6) Sit in the front passenger seat. Continue holding down the ODO/TRIP switch and fasten the front passenger side seat belt.
Old 04-11-13, 09:37 AM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try This - it works every time I had my battery disconnected.

Turning off seat belt buzzer:

1) Set the LCD on the combination meter to the ODO display using the ODO/TRIP button.
2) Turn IG off. Unbuckle both front seat belts.
3) With foot off brake, press Start button twice to activate electronics. Within six seconds, press and hold the ODO/TRIP button. Wait ten seconds, and while still holding the button, buckle the driver’s seat belt.
4) The LCD displays "b-oFF". Release the button. The buzzer can be switched between "b-on" or "b-oFF" each time the ODO/TRIP button is pressed.
5) The display reverts back to normal if the button is not pressed for ten seconds, completing the process.

You only have to do it once though for both the driver and passenger.

Originally Posted by MCCR
2007 GS 350. followed the steps to a T, I get the on/off option(windows up and down), but once i turn the ignition off, then back on. the seat belt warning bell comes on still. here are the two different steps I followed.

question-once it shows seat belt buzzer off, do i remove seat belt, turn off igintion, or just turn off ingintion?

*** According to Valet Park , you must have windows up... ***
1) Get into the car w/ ignition off and close the doors
2) Open the "flip console" to your left (mirror / gas lid console)
3) Start engine and set the LCD on the combination meter to the "ODO" display using the ODO/TRIP button. Turn off engine.
4) Now, W/O applying the brakes (don't actually start engine but turn on the electronics.), press the "Engine Start/Stop" button twice. You should see the check engine light and battery light on in the dash. (DO NOT START THE ENGINE)
5) Hold the ODO/TRIP button. Wait ten seconds, and while still holding the button, buckle the driver’s seat belt.
6) The LCD displays "Seat Belt Buzzer On/Off". Release the button. Pressing the ODO button toggles the On/Off

(a) Driver and front passenger side seat belt buzzers
(5) Press the ODO/TRIP switch immediately (within 6 seconds) and hold it down for 10 seconds or more.
(6) Continue holding down the ODO/TRIP switch and fasten the driver side seat belt.
(b) Front passenger side seat belt buzzer
(5) Sit in the front passenger seat. Press the ODO/TRIP switch immediately (within 6 seconds) and hold it down for 10 seconds or more.
(6) Sit in the front passenger seat. Continue holding down the ODO/TRIP switch and fasten the front passenger side seat belt.
Old 05-17-13, 11:13 PM
Kuldar
Driver School Candidate

I just got my 2008 Lexus GS450h, so I'm getting to know it. I have one issue that I would like to solve.

In my country it is required by law that cars must have DRL during the day. Right now my car switches on the lights when it is dark(AUTO mode). Is there any way I can make them go on during the day on AUTO mode too? I just keep forgetting to turn on the light every time and feels like old school doing that.

Last edited by Kuldar; 05-17-13 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-23-13, 12:41 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuldar
I just got my 2008 Lexus GS450h, so I'm getting to know it. I have one issue that I would like to solve.

In my country it is required by law that cars must have DRL during the day. Right now my car switches on the lights when it is dark(AUTO mode). Is there any way I can make them go on during the day on AUTO mode too? I just keep forgetting to turn on the light every time and feels like old school doing that.
Your car have DRL so should be a problem. If deactivated, dealer can enable them again. If you don't like the factory, you can convert fog lights to DRL (see post 654 in this thread) If that doesn't work for you, keep them on ON position all the time. They will turn off automatically after few seconds when you lock the car even the switch is on ON
Old 05-27-13, 01:33 AM
Kuldar
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the answer.

Had my service done last week and they said that they can't program the module to have DRL because it's not programmable and if I want automatic DRL-s, I have two options:

1) Change the whole unit that controls these for 1600€
2) Put a black tape on the sensor, so the car would think that it is dark all the time but this option messes up the interior lightning, so I skipped it.

I will try leaving headlights in on position all the time since there doesn't seem to be any other option with reasonable price that would do the job.
Old 05-27-13, 06:40 AM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuldar
Thank you for the answer.

Had my service done last week and they said that they can't program the module to have DRL because it's not programmable and if I want automatic DRL-s, I have two options:

1) Change the whole unit that controls these for 1600€
2) Put a black tape on the sensor, so the car would think that it is dark all the time but this option messes up the interior lightning, so I skipped it.

I will try leaving headlights in on position all the time since there doesn't seem to be any other option with reasonable price that would do the job.
Just leave the switch on position, it has a 1min timer and will shut off by it self....
Old 05-27-13, 07:20 PM
macjac69
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need a +12v domelight wiretap

Installed a Varad suspension lighting sys. on my 09 IS-250. It's prewired with a +12v lead to tap into a aftermarket alarm, courtesy lights, etc....
Did a search and found that the cars sys is -12v at the domelight. and when tapped at that point the domelights in the car go off but the Varad sys turns on so the the results are exactly opposite of what I'm looking for... Wanting the lights to work in conjunction with the factory fading domelight Any help?? looking tap as close to the driver fusebox as possible

Thanks
Old 05-28-13, 12:44 AM
Kuldar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SoCal_450h
Just leave the switch on position, it has a 1min timer and will shut off by it self....
Tryed it yesterday and left them on during luch and they were still on when I got back(30min). Monoroof was also open, could that affect the timer?

Quick Reply: Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's