GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-11, 06:08 AM
sartask
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can some PLEASE help with getting an Australia Nav DVD to work in my US imported 2006 GS300?? I've looked at the files on my computer and there are additional files on the Australian DVD that are not on the US disk, as well as a few on the US that aren't on the Australian. Can someone please help with steps in burning the proper files to disk so that my US Nav system will work with Australian map data and voice over?
Old 06-26-11, 03:44 PM
johnnunez2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SGT
Are you getting the OIL MAINT RESET message? If so, here's how to get rid of it:
  1. Push the “ODO TRIP” button in the switch box to change the display to current mileage (neither Trip A nor Trip B).
  2. Turn the engine off.
  3. Push engine-on button once (with foot off the gas pedal) to go to ACC mode. Press and hold “RESET” and "ODO TRIP" buttons down simultaneously.
  4. Hold both buttons down for 7-10 seconds after the ACC mode is on. After the above operation, the master warning light comes on, a warning tone sounds and the above message appears to inform you that the engine oil maintenance data has been reset.
\

i had to do it a bit differently.

step 1. car "on" push the 'odo trip' button in the switch box to change the display to current mileage! no trip a or trip b.

step 2. turn engine off

step 3. " without foot on the pedal " press start button once. " dash will stay dark but radio will turn on.

step 4. at this point press the "odo trip" and "reset" button at the same time. keep them pressed!

step 5. while you still have "odo trip" and "reset" button pressed , now without the brake pressed, hit the start button again. dash will light up like normal but car wont start. and you will get the reset oil message.
Old 12-10-11, 01:24 PM
johnnunez2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SGT
Are you getting the OIL MAINT RESET message? If so, here's how to get rid of it:
  1. Push the “ODO TRIP” button in the switch box to change the display to current mileage (neither Trip A nor Trip B).
  2. Turn the engine off.
  3. Push engine-on button once (with foot off the gas pedal) to go to ACC mode. Press and hold “RESET” and "ODO TRIP" buttons down simultaneously.
  4. Hold both buttons down for 7-10 seconds after the ACC mode is on. After the above operation, the master warning light comes on, a warning tone sounds and the above message appears to inform you that the engine oil maintenance data has been reset.
when you push both buttons simultaneously, keep them pressed and push engine start AGAIN, without foot on gas , it will say oil reset but keep buttons pressed til the car says the checking is completed.
Old 01-27-12, 06:08 AM
little2576
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RenatUSSR
TOMS GT SHIFTER KIT
Is it possible to do myself ? Any D.I.Y. here ?

What does Toms GT Shifter ^^^ do exactly ?
Old 07-10-12, 08:59 AM
Boron
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DavidJ
Forgive a perhaps silly question, but how do you know the light goes off when the trunk is closed? Thank you. DavidJ
Same way as the fridge light - climb in and close the door behind you.
Simples!

Old 07-10-12, 09:01 AM
Boron
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by little2576
What does Toms GT Shifter ^^^ do exactly ?
Reverses the up and down shift in 'manual' mode.
So instead of pulling back to drop down a gear, you push forward - and vice versa.
Old 07-10-12, 09:10 AM
Boron
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RenatUSSR
TOMS GT SHIFTER KIT
Is it possible to do myself ? Any D.I.Y. here ?
I imagine the process is not difficult at all - just a matter of bravery.
I suspect the way it is done, is to remove the central section, just like you do when installing the iPod adapters - screw off gear ****, pop off leather side panels, and the plastic panel below the radio section, then lift up the central section.
There'll be a connector that looks like one end of the Tom's Kit, remove that, plug the Tom's into where that was, then connect the main harness to the other end of the Tom's adapter.

If you do opt for it, even after all this time, and it's not as I've imagined it, I would expect Tom's to include instructions or be able to assist via e-mail.
Old 11-20-12, 05:39 AM
Bkwindom84
Rookie

Originally Posted by vboyz
Credit goes to VVT-i:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...4&page=2&pp=15

1. Press the start bottom twice( foot off the brake pedal) and headlight adjuster to " off "(u can do while ur car is running too.)

2. While pressing on the " Info " buttom with your right index. Use your right hand turn the headlight from " Off" to " Headlight"( not AUTO), Off-Head, Off-Head, three times. This will lead you to the " Diagnostic Menu".

from this menu you can view ur ECU chip code or clear the code.

i don't know it can reset your system check light or not but u can try...and play with the other options too..
What does the Bluetooth menu do? Having some Bluetooth issues at the moment
Old 11-23-12, 09:15 AM
vinparmar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by john37
Does anyone know how to get rid of the tire pressure sensor warning?
yes, put all sensors into a pump up sprayer,( you will have to find one with a large opening otherwise the sensors will not not fit into pump canister)
Once pressurised you will find the warning light will go out.

Its woked for me.
Old 01-01-13, 06:27 PM
adrenelin5
Rookie

Default Auto dome light switch repair DIY

Not sure if this was covered on here or not. When I bought my 1994 LS400 the auto dome light feature was not working so this is what I did. I'm sure the GS would be the same.

First to check if this DIY is what you need open each door and look to see if the door ajar light on the instrument cluster appears. If it does not come on while the door is open or if while depressing the door switch located in the door jam repeatedly it is working only intermittently then one or more of your switch's aren't doing their job. You could just buy used ones from ebay or try the following.

Tools needed:
10 mm socket

Materials needed:
5 by 5 inch piece of foil

First locate the switch which is located in each door jam and is covered by a rubber boot. Secondly after you have determined the door ajar light does not illuminate while the door is open peel back the boot from the bottom revealing the 10 mm bolt under it. Remove the bolt and pull the switch out of the hole it sits in carefully as to not damage the two wires attached to the back of it. You then need to snip the small zip tie off. Side cutters work well for this. Once the zip tie is removed pull the wiring from the switch noting wire location. First you need to take some light grit sandpaper to the copper contacts to shine up the surface then get yourself a few small pieces of tin foil and wrap them. The diagram shows how I did it so the foil didn't come off while reinserting the contacts into the switch. Note that if you use to much foil the contacts won't go back into their slots.

All my door switches finally now work as they should, good luck!!
Attached Thumbnails Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's-connection.jpg  

Last edited by adrenelin5; 01-01-13 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-08-13, 05:07 PM
texbanc
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default seat belt buzzer

So glad to get rid of the bell. It worked on my 2009 GS 460. Only had to enter it once to turn off the driver and passenger belts.
Old 01-11-13, 03:37 PM
gtmax
Driver

Originally Posted by SGT
  2. Turn the engine off.
I spent a long time doing this only to realize it isn't correct. Going to youtube there's a vid that shows the process in an idiot proof way.

[youtube]EFgAvBF9Z58[/youtube]

Don't know if link will work but just noticed the person that put the vid is a member here.

edit: i don't know if this was covered here. If you hold down the change track button instead of pressing it, you switch to the next CD. At least on the GS300 you do.

Last edited by gtmax; 01-11-13 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-02-13, 08:13 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Fog lights as DRL

I didn't like the regular DRL so had the dealer turn them off (yellow color, cross eye look and upgrading to LEDs not an option as I would loose high beams).

So I have converted fog lights to be my DRL. Fog lights are always on with or without lights on. Upgrade took an hour and pictures shows components needed. LED 5K 9005 bulbs from v-leds are wired to the fuse box in the engine compartment (fuse for "ignition" on driver side). This is the only fuse which will alow for lights to come on after hitting start button the 2nd time. The rest of fuses are always active which means lights will stay on even if you turn off and walk away from the car. Only " +" cable is connected to fuse box. Spliter in the 2nd picture are not necessary but wanted to have them to have lights properly grounded and so original cables stay clean and not freely hanging or tapped up. If you don't use the splitter you will need to properly ground the "-" wire

Will take some pictures during daylight and post them.
Attached Thumbnails Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's-capture.jpg   Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's-t2ec16v-0e9s37ghcpbq-kk-s-9q-60_12.jpg   Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's-0936_1.jpg  

Last edited by Luke27617; 02-06-13 at 05:39 AM.
Old 02-03-13, 04:42 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Default Pictures in all four modes

Pictures in all four modes
- Just DRL (fog) on (always stay on)
- Parking lights on
- Low beam lights on
- High beam lights on
Attached Thumbnails Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's-1.jpg   Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's-2.jpg   Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's-3.jpg   Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's-4.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
hanifh (08-30-22)
Old 02-03-13, 04:44 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Default Daytime pictures in full sun

Daytime pictures in full sun
Attached Thumbnails Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's-d1.jpg   Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's-d2.jpg   Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's-d3.jpg   Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's-d5.jpg   Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's-d6.jpg  

Quick Reply: Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's