GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-07, 09:28 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How to change engine air filter

Credit goes to bigdomer:

The GS airbox is extremely easy to access. All you have to do is remove the 4 left-most clips on the front engine cover and then lift up to access the left engine cover, then remove the two clips and one screwcap on the left engine cover, unlatch the four clasps on the airbox, lift the airbox cover, swap the filter, and replace everything. Takes about five minutes.
Old 01-23-07, 12:43 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Default How to change oil and filter

Credit goes to ServerTech.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=257889
Old 01-23-07, 12:49 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Default How to jack up car and remove wheels

Credit goes to LexLS.com. Aside from the LS400, this guide also applies to the GS300, GS350, and GS430.

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/wheels.html
Old 02-02-07, 03:49 AM
caplet
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with NAV over ride

i have gone through the Forum and have tried the NAV override but it didnt work. I have a 3G GS350 and like some of the other members have tried putting it in fast, slow, holding the bottons for 5 seconds but nothing works. does it even work with this model?? Also im in the Atlanta area and want to know of any shops near by that will do the override to keep the TV on while driving and the IPOD install. any help would be greatly appreciated. if you have a shop can you e-mail it to me. terence.caple@us.army.mil .
Old 02-20-07, 08:13 PM
tangokim
Driver School Candidate

ok. i've dvd v5.1 u20 and a dvd v6.1 u20. i followed the guide and burn the files using the ONES program(fuji DVD+R DL) with all the files from 6.1 and the LOAD from 5.1. No luck... tried pull battery out for 10,20,30 mins...NO LUCK. before burning i went into the dvd decryter and change the book type to dvd -rom for my LG GSA-H22L. i also notice my load is 49.8 mb diff from SonarTech file. is there something wrong with my navdvd?..i wasted like 10 dvdr already.... im in need of help from you guys. btw sorry for my bad english.

Last edited by tangokim; 02-20-07 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-20-07, 08:16 PM
tangokim
Driver School Candidate

btw i have gs300 2006
Old 02-20-07, 08:29 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tangokim
btw i have gs300 2006
Maybe try different media... verbatim seems to work best...
Old 02-20-07, 08:41 PM
tangokim
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Technique
Maybe try different media... verbatim seems to work best...

ok i just ordered verbatim. also on the ONES program the lowest is 4x burning.is this ok? does any1 know where is the fuse box on the gs300 2006 locate it at?
Old 02-21-07, 12:28 AM
Sonartech
Rookie

Originally Posted by tangokim
ok. i've dvd v5.1 u20 and a dvd v6.1 u20. i followed the guide and burn the files using the ONES program(fuji DVD+R DL) with all the files from 6.1 and the LOAD from 5.1. No luck... tried pull battery out for 10,20,30 mins...NO LUCK. before burning i went into the dvd decryter and change the book type to dvd -rom for my LG GSA-H22L. i also notice my load is 49.8 mb diff from SonarTech file. is there something wrong with my navdvd?..i wasted like 10 dvdr already.... im in need of help from you guys. btw sorry for my bad english.

Um, my 2006 ES-330 didn't have a 5th-Gen Navigation System... You're telling me your 2006 GS-300 does? Please tell me you're not trying to load 5th-generation firmware on your 4th-generation Nav system - or are you?

As I've told at least 50+ people now in various private messages, I can only speak about my specific scenario: Taking a 5th-Gen v6.1 NavDVD and using a 5th-Gen v5.1 LOADING.KWI on it - and then using that in both my RX-350 and ES-350. As soon as you deviate from that very specific scenario, you're officially "on your own" and I can't begin to offer assistance or guidance - there's just too many unknowns to cover. I know my procedure works fine, but then again, you're not exactly using my procedure - you're adapting my procedure for a different car using different NavDVD's with different file sizes, checksums and who knows what else. So again, I can't really help you. If your v5.1 LOADING.KWI file CRC's don't match what I provided in post #289 above, then you're either using completely different firmware or your firmware's corrupt.

...but I can tell you that you can't load 5th-generation firmware on a 4th-generation NavSystem, and you definitely shouldn't be trying to do so if that's the case...

Good luck.

SonarTech

Last edited by Sonartech; 02-21-07 at 12:38 AM.
Old 02-21-07, 09:36 PM
Sonartech
Rookie

I wanted to post some additional information regarding troubleshooting home-made "Hybrid" DVD's for the Denso Navigation System like the one I described earlier in this thread to get around the missing "Over Ride". I have no intentions of covering information that I've already provided - like how to actually make the DVD, burn modes, etc... Do a search for that info if you need it.

As for the Hybrid-DVD creation process, let's begin with the basic requirements. You need to have the following items before you even think about starting this process:
  1. A good reason. Why are you actually wanting to make a hybrid NavDVD? Is it to get around the fact that Denso removed the "Over Ride" command in version 6.1 firmware and you need to restore it? If so, please continue - but remember that there's significant risk associated with flashing firmware onto ANY device, including your precious Nav system. If you don't know exactly what you're doing, then don't attempt any of this.
  2. If you don't know what all of the following terms mean or refer to, you probably shouldn't be trying to change your firmware: DL DVD-R vs. DL DVD+R, ISO, UDF, CDFS, Blocking Size, Mode 1, and Closed Session.
  3. You need to have a known good / working factory NavDVD that you have used or know for sure works in your Nav System (i.e., your original v6.1 NavDVD). That pirated crap firmware you downloaded from UseNet or BitTorrent doesn't count - because you have no idea where it came from or what it was actually used for, and you've never seen it actually work on your system.
  4. You need to have a known good / working factory NavDVD that you know is compatible in your particular Nav System (i.e., an older v5.1 NavDVD). Again, pirated crap doesn't count because you have no idea if it's even a valid firmware for your particular system. There are several different "v5.1" Toyota NavDVD's running around, and they all have different part numbers. Do NOT count on the version number alone as an indicator of compatibility with your particular Nav system. Roulette, anyone?
  5. After you're sure you have the two required DVD's (i.e., a version 6.1 DVD with newer Map data and an older v5.1 with a working override command), copy the all files except the LOADING.KWI file off the newer DVD (i.e., v6.1) to a folder on your hard drive. Verify that the CRC's match the files on your source media. If they don't match, you're having a problem reading the source media. Is the source DVD dirty? You do know you can wash DVD's with soap and water, right?
  6. After you successfully copy the newer MapDVD files to that folder on your hard drive, change MapDVD's and insert the older DVD with the firmware you want to use (i.e., v5.1 firmware). Copy the LOADING.KWI file off that disk to your folder. Don't copy any other files off the older NavDVD.
  7. By now you should have a folder on your hard drive that has ALL of the files needed to make a Hybrid NavDVD. Using Ones, you should be able to follow the instructions already provided in post #124 to make the DVD. I provided a picture of the software in that post for a reason; please pay attention to the settings shown.
  8. By now you should have a newly burned dual-layer hybrid NavDVD. Now you just have make your Nav System eat it. I've been telling people the same thing now for quite a while:
    1. Turn on (but don't start) the car and eject the current NavDVD from the system using the menus.
    2. Turn the car off (with the NavDVD ejected) and pull the fuse for the Navigation System. Leave it out for ~15 minutes.
    3. Put the fuse back in and turn on (but don't start) the car. The Navigation System should complain about not having a MapDVD.
    4. Insert your newly burned DVDR and see if the system will read it. Be patient. One of two things will happen - 1) It will read it and start flashing the firmware while telling you not to turn the car off, or 2) it will tell you it can't read the MapDVD and to contact the dealer. If this happens, go to step 6 below.
    5. The firmware should load successfully and the Nav System should restart. If it does, try the over ride procedure. If it works, you are done. Do not put a factory v6.1 MapDVD back in your system or it will instantly and involuntarily load the v6.1 firmware overwriting your v5.1 firmware thus killing your Over Ride command.
    6. Here are some options to try: (a) Try again. Simply turn the car off and back on and give it another shot. (b) Pull the fuse, wait 15 minutes and give the car another try at reading the media. (c) Perhaps it really can't read your DVD media. Try using Verbatim or Memorex DL DVD+R media instead. Verify you actually burned ISO+UDF. ISO by itself won't work, and UDF by itself won't work: You need ISO+UDF and I don't think Nero will support that mode. (d) Did you use ONES as your burning program? If not, how do you know it's burning the right mode?
That's about all I can offer for this subject. I would just like to add one small thing for those of you who are having problems and are looking for help "obtaining" the required files:
"No, I won't burn you a copy of my hybrid DVD and mail it to you, nor will I e-mail you a copy of my v5.1 LOADING.KWI file or a copy of ONES - even for cash. I don't fancy the idea of jail time for sending you pirated software, so don't bother asking me to give you either."
Good luck!

SonarTech
Old 02-23-07, 10:07 AM
714GS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by blazer1
I have just purchased an 06 GS300 with No Nav and No ML. Do I understand correctly that all I do to enable bluetooth features while driving is to remove pin 14 from the k46. Is that all I do. Has onyone else tried it with a similar vehicle.

Thanks in advance
I got the same setup too. Can someone help us out please? Is it possible for me to add and play and external DVD player through my factory screen (non-nav)?

Thank you in advance!
Old 02-23-07, 05:15 PM
mefromfl
Rookie

Can someone tell me if there is anyway to hack the 2007 GS 350 nav system so that it will play dvd while the car is in motion. I'm so confuse with this thread and I don't know if this is for the 06 model only or 07 GS350 too.
Old 02-25-07, 11:36 AM
mefromfl
Rookie

Where in the manual does it talk about dialing by name for the GS 350? I heard that I can say what name for the bluetooth to dial. is this true? I don't see it in the manual.
Old 02-27-07, 01:11 AM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default nav hack

can anyone do my nav hack for me? im in SD area but will drive if its not too far.
Old 03-03-07, 08:13 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

OK, so here is my update,

I cut the standard yellow wire, that you are then suppose to ground....
when you ground it, the parking break light stays lit, so this is the trick to this wire cut.

OK, then I cut the purple one, and left it separated... .I couldn't see what this did or didn't do by having it cut or connected......?

Then I first cut the red, on accident that I thought was the pink on the far passenger side... I put it back together, no problem here.

I then cut the white wire with the spotted silver spots from the middle plug. btm left one.....

Now my problem is this.....
Without the yellow wire put back to it's original position, (as if I never disconnected it) I can't see the picture.

I put quick connects on both the yellow and the purple wires so at any time it's painless to reconnect them...

But I am still not able to see a picture..... (if the yellow wires are disconnected.....)

Suggestions please.

Thanks.

Jason

Quick Reply: Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's