GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-06, 03:42 AM
chicblues
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Eternity3G
This will turn off your seat belt warning "beeping" for the driver and passenger side. This will only need to be done once in the lifetime of the car as it will retain in the vehicle memory.

*** According to Valet Park , you must have windows up... ***
1) Get into the car w/ ignition off and close the doors
2) Open the "flip console" to your left (mirror / gas lid console)
3) Start engine and set the LCD on the combination meter to the "ODO" display using the ODO/TRIP button. Turn off engine.
4) Now, W/O applying the brakes (don't actually start engine but turn on the electronics.), press the "Engine Start/Stop" button twice. You should see the check engine light and battery light on in the dash. (DO NOT START THE ENGINE)
5) Hold the ODO/TRIP button. Wait ten seconds, and while still holding the button, buckle the driver’s seat belt.
6) The LCD displays "Seat Belt Buzzer On/Off". Release the button. Pressing the ODO button toggles the On/Off

7) I believe you may need to repeat the process for the passenger side.

Drive safe!
Press and hold the ODO/TRIP Button and then press the Start Engine Button twice. Wait ten seconds and buckle the seat belt.
Good luck!
Old 08-24-06, 07:48 PM
rainforest
Rookie

Default Treo650 and Gs450h

Can someone point me in the right direction, or give me some pointers? I've paired up my Canadian GSM Treo650 with my GS450h, and I can receive calls fine. BUT, I can only dial out using my cell phone - I can't dial out using the navigation screen pad. It keeps giving me an error message. Is there some way to make this function work?
Old 09-02-06, 10:24 AM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by aj786
Anyone know where i can get this mod done? I live in the SF Bay Area.

Thanks.
-AJ
Call my budd Toan (T-W-U-A-N) from Kartoys (www.kartoyz.com). Tell him Dave from Status sent you and he should take care of you....

Kartoyz Audio & Accessories
1737 Alum Rock Avenue
San Jose, CA 95116
(408) 251-1496
Old 09-02-06, 10:27 AM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chicblues
Press and hold the ODO/TRIP Button and then press the Start Engine Button twice. Wait ten seconds and buckle the seat belt.
Good luck!
They tip I posted works for US vehicles. Chicblues may have found one for all you Europeans Lexus Owners... Good one! (maybe this works for US models also???)
Old 09-04-06, 12:45 PM
LeighCM
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone been able to get this to work on the 2007 GS350? It has ver 6.1 Nav.
Old 09-07-06, 04:14 PM
djdakine
Driver School Candidate

stumbled onto this site looking for the oil change reset info. But so many more cool things in this forum

Just did the seatbelt trick on a 06US GS300...but only worked when my windows were down.

I spent about 40 mins in the hot sun with the windows up..gave up...rolled the windows down to do the BT sound adjustment. Thought i'd try the seatbelt trick once more...it worked!!! then notice I forgot to close the windows.

I think it says i'm suppose to do it again for the passenger side. But I wasn't able to do it..with the windows up or down. Was able to get in the menu again on the driver side only with windows down though.

hope this helps anyone else that's stuck on it
Old 09-10-06, 05:47 PM
jaqob
Driver School Candidate

hi there I have Gs430 2006 and I wander ther any trick for digit speed meter
and about override i can't go for the page can any one help me
Old 09-15-06, 10:33 PM
2puppies
Driver School Candidate

I just got an RX350 two days ago and saw that the navigation override would work for the GS, RX, or many others. When I tried it though, I didn't get the screen with override on it. When you hit the speaker icon, and then the lower left corner, do you have to hold it or just click it? Does it make any noise when you do it? Does the car have to be on or off? I was indecisive about buying the Lexus because I liked the navigation system in my Acura, but when I read that I could override it, I went ahead and bought it. Any help? Windows up or down??? :-)
Old 09-16-06, 03:01 AM
larrs
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2puppies
I just got an RX350 two days ago and saw that the navigation override would work for the GS, RX, or many others. When I tried it though, I didn't get the screen with override on it. When you hit the speaker icon, and then the lower left corner, do you have to hold it or just click it? Does it make any noise when you do it? Does the car have to be on or off? I was indecisive about buying the Lexus because I liked the navigation system in my Acura, but when I read that I could override it, I went ahead and bought it. Any help? Windows up or down??? :-)
You have to do it twice ...

upper left (speaker icon) - lower left - upper left - lower left

in order to get the diagnostic screen with the override button.
Then touch the override button until you hear a beep -- the border around the button should stay highlighted.
then hit the "back" button on the upper right

HTH
Old 09-16-06, 09:13 AM
2puppies
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, but I did do it twice. I tried it numerous times - engine off, on, holding it for a second, not holding it, etc. I'll try again today.
Old 09-16-06, 02:00 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Originally Posted by 2puppies
Thanks, but I did do it twice. I tried it numerous times - engine off, on, holding it for a second, not holding it, etc. I'll try again today.
I believe the 07 RX has the 5th Gen nav system and the overide sequence doesn't work on it.
Old 09-16-06, 02:42 PM
LeighCM
Driver School Candidate

The overide works on some 5th gen Nav, and not others. It works on the IS, but not the GS. I haven't tried it on the RX or the ES. Has anyone found a way around this?
Old 09-16-06, 07:17 PM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

The Nav Hack works on the 2007 ES350. What I need is a system hack to override the speed, parking brake and shift selector lock outs.
Old 09-17-06, 01:17 PM
crowe85
Driver School Candidate

Yeah I'm having the same problem...took delivery of my GS350 on Friday, and the first thing I tried was the nav hack. No dice!

Works in my 07 Camry Hybrid with 5 Gen nav, works in my mom's GS450h with 5 gen nav, and in my rental IS350 with 5 gen nav.

Bummer.
Old 09-20-06, 08:42 AM
mekrew
Rookie

Originally Posted by crowe85
Yeah I'm having the same problem...took delivery of my GS350 on Friday, and the first thing I tried was the nav hack. No dice!

Works in my 07 Camry Hybrid with 5 Gen nav, works in my mom's GS450h with 5 gen nav, and in my rental IS350 with 5 gen nav.

Bummer.
let me know if you try the dvd / bluetooth mod on yours . I have my gs350 coming on sat and want to know what im going to be able todo and what i cant. I guess the nav address bypass has been shot down

if u do the dvd / bluetooth .. let me know if u get problems like these guys
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=234401

Quick Reply: Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's