GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Drip Line out of Gas Hinge Panel

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-06, 11:56 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SGT
Do you open the gas door and dry it all out?
Yes, as a matter of fact, when I'm using my Toro blower to get the water off the GS, I specifically address this area. Fact is that water will continue to leak from the small drainage hole.
Old 05-05-06, 12:29 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
Yes, as a matter of fact, when I'm using my Toro blower to get the water off the GS, I specifically address this area. Fact is that water will continue to leak from the small drainage hole.
I'll check next time I dry it out and then go for a drive.
Old 05-07-06, 04:52 PM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok, I've started to roll up paper towls into sharp points and sticking it in the hole and leaving it to "suck up" all the water. But the gas part.... still doing the jimmie while pulling out ordeal...
Old 10-11-06, 07:37 AM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Wow....this has been going on a while, i recently waxed my car and the stains here simply dont come off with wax !!!
Old 10-11-06, 07:52 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

I fixed this problem on my car....i drilled a 3" hole around this small hose...the problem is gone!
Old 10-11-06, 08:58 AM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4fun
I fixed this problem on my car....i drilled a 3" hole around this small hose...the problem is gone!
i was thinking of enlarging the small hole.....what exactly di you do, i am confused or were u just joking
Old 10-11-06, 10:11 AM
toyemp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

R u serious about a 3" hole? that's bigger than the gas cap itself! Seems like overkill to be drilling huge holes in your car for a little water...
Old 10-11-06, 12:36 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by toyemp
R u serious about a 3" hole? that's bigger than the gas cap itself! Seems like overkill to be drilling huge holes in your car for a little water...

Take it easy fellas...i was just kidding.....that was a poorly executed joke obviously...

I have the same problem....
Old 10-12-06, 01:30 AM
foshizzle
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I was the only one
Old 10-15-06, 06:25 PM
Black Ten
Driver School Candidate

Default Found a Fix

Okay guys/ladies, I think I finally got this problem under control. First, i cleaned the paint under the gas panel using P21S Cleaning Lotion. Then, using Maguiars Deep Crystal System polish, I polished the area under the gas panel. It took about 10 separate tough polishings to nearly eliminate the gas stain. It's still there, but barely noticible and much better than before. With the black paint, I doubt I can remove it entirely. After this, I applied two coats of wax, first Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax, followed by P21S Carnuba. Every time I wash the car now, which is about every 1-2 weeks, I thoroughly dry the gas panel on the inside (absolutely critical step), including the drip hole. Additionally, I apply another coat of wax below the gas panel/drip hole. Every 4 weeks I repeat the process entirely (wash, cleaning lotion, polish, double wax). I have found this method to be effective as the stain has not returned. It is a pain, but the car is worth it. Hope this helps!
Old 10-15-06, 09:20 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Black Ten
Okay guys/ladies, I think I finally got this problem under control. First, i cleaned the paint under the gas panel using P21S Cleaning Lotion. Then, using Maguiars Deep Crystal System polish, I polished the area under the gas panel. It took about 10 separate tough polishings to nearly eliminate the gas stain. It's still there, but barely noticible and much better than before. With the black paint, I doubt I can remove it entirely. After this, I applied two coats of wax, first Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax, followed by P21S Carnuba. Every time I wash the car now, which is about every 1-2 weeks, I thoroughly dry the gas panel on the inside (absolutely critical step), including the drip hole. Additionally, I apply another coat of wax below the gas panel/drip hole. Every 4 weeks I repeat the process entirely (wash, cleaning lotion, polish, double wax). I have found this method to be effective as the stain has not returned. It is a pain, but the car is worth it. Hope this helps!
Have you ever tried Klasse (red)? It works really good. Actually, I did the following:
1. Wash (Meguiars Gold Class)
2. Applied Meguiars Fine Cut Cleaner to remove stain
3. Applied Meguiars Wax to protect

But this worked easier:
1. Wash (Meguiars Gold Class)
2. Applied Klasse (Red) to remove and protect

Klasse is a synthetic formula that is a little pricey but it is highly spoken of among auto enthusiasts who detail their own vehicle. Residential/Commercial auto detailers won't use it because it's too expensive. There's also a Klasse (silver) which is great to apply over the red.