GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Lexus buy Backs?

Old 04-29-06, 07:29 AM
soflGSguy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talk to the Lexus rep make a meeting with them when they are in town. My car was a buy back do to bad seatbelts. If u want a buy back over rattles and headlights lol get a different car like a BMWw and see what rattles u rather have. Headlights are pointed down do to lawsuits they have form blind other cars, and cause crashes that result in death, a lot of auto makers are doing this with there headlights.

Talk to rep, u will get more down and less cost to u if u do, lemon law is great but you have to pay miles, u driven. Bets but go thou the Lexus rep, I got my car as a buy back at 0 cost 2 me if I went thou lemon law it would have cost me 4-6k to get into the same car agen. That’s just my thought on it.
Old 04-29-06, 10:21 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

These stories are very disappointing.
I was afraid the benz bug would be contagious. Really, I mean benz has the worse reliability record of any high end car yet peiple continue to buy them Why would a manufacturer spend the extra bucks for top notch quality control if they think people are stupid enough to continue buying crap cars because of their name. We may be in trouble. I hope not. Time will tell. You guys continue to fight, harass the dealers until Lexus Corporate hears loud and clear we will not stand for inferior quality from Lexus.
Old 05-26-06, 06:42 PM
ce5288
Driver School Candidate

The reason why I bought my 06 GS because I trust Lexus built quality. We all have some expectation from Lexus. That's why we choose Lexus.

I used to owned 2nd generation GS300. Before that, I owned two BMW 10 years in a roll. The second car in our family is 2000 RX300 AWD. I actually plane to switch it to 2007 RX350 AWD earlier.

10 days ago I sent e-mail to Lexus customer service center to report my rough ride issue. Couple of days later, a return e-mail from the Lexus told me they have forward my complaint back to my dealer. The reason why I contact Lexus customer service center is to ask for assist because the dealer is not helping to find the problem at all. All I got is the same “can't duplicate” answer. I called Lexus 1-800 number two days ago, request for a factory engineer to take a look at my car. Answer from them is they are sorry about my experience. However, Lexus can not do anything about it. After I told them if they do not react to this, I will broadcast my issue on the internet. Finally, they agree to arrange some one to see the car but it will take up to 6 weeks to schedule an appointment. I request for an acknowledgement through e-mail. The response is the dealer will contact me by phone only, but it will take 2 to 3 weeks to schedule it.

I did smell something, looks like Lexus is trying to avoid any kind of evidence when problem comes. I am so surprised that Lexus customer service did not even try to assist the customer to find the solution. It seems like the #1 service auto maker does not worry about there reputation any more.

Last edited by ce5288; 05-26-06 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-26-06, 08:02 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,358 Posts

ce5288 - what do you mean by 'rough ride'? Maybe it's just those great NJ roads?
Old 05-26-06, 08:53 PM
ce5288
Driver School Candidate

NJ road? I hope so. But this is not the case.
Old 05-27-06, 07:37 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by ce5288
NJ road? I hope so. But this is not the case.
OK, so what do you mean by a rough ride then? It seems stiffer than you think it should be? The suspension makes noises? Have you been in another 3GS to compare? Maybe you should just go test drive another one to be sure?

Seems strange - I've never heard of anyone saying a factory Lexus has a rough ride! I'm not saying I don't believe you at all - just trying to understand.
Old 05-27-06, 08:16 AM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Seems strange - I've never heard of anyone saying a factory Lexus has a rough ride! I'm not saying I don't believe you at all - just trying to understand.
The GS300AWD rides harsher than most typical Lexi. It is not a
rolling cloud type ride like say a 2nd Gen GS430 on 16'' wheels. I
was not used to it at first, but I got used to it.

I think the difference is a combination of the 17'' runflats, the
extra drivetrain up front and the car not being broken in. He says
the car has 10K miles and no runflats, so I am not sure what the
problem is. Maybe the tires you chose don't rate well for
ride comfort?

As far as I know harsh ride is NOT an acceptable buyback reason
otherwise I would use it to get me a LS460 in the fall
Old 05-27-06, 11:06 AM
costanza
Pole Position

OK, so what do you mean by a rough ride then? It seems stiffer than you think it should be? The suspension makes noises? Have you been in another 3GS to compare? Maybe you should just go test drive another one to be sure?

I have an '06 RWD GS300. I too think it's "ride" isn't Lexus-like. My '02 C240 and my '05 C230 sedans had MUCH smoother, yet taught suspensions. With all the other problems our car has, this Lexus plain sucks!
Old 05-27-06, 12:39 PM
tstires
Driver School Candidate

Default Lemon law

For those having many problems with your GS as I am check out your state's lemon law requirements. Most states have attorneys who will handle your lemon law case absolutely free of charge as under current law the attorneys are able to recoupe all of their fees directly from the manufacturer. I too attempted working with my dealer and contacting Lexus corporate which was a complete waste of time. Whatever level of customer service Lexus had in the past it is no more as they could care less about their customers. My wife and I bought two Lexus' within six months (2006 GS300 AWD and 2005 RX330) and Lexus was absoltely indifferent to our concerns. Get an attorney and let them hassle with Lexus -- life is too short !!!
Old 05-28-06, 03:40 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a GS430 with no problems (except a dome light that fell down an was fixed by the dealer). But with the Run Flats, the ride does ride very rough. I tried to get the dealer to change the tires but they said they were used. I suggested they explain to customers before they purchase that there is a ride difference with the Run Flats and to give customers an opportunity to use other tires before delivery.

I think the problem stems from the fact dealers want to move vehicles so if you're in the crosshairs with the purchase of a vehicle, if the color matches, the dealer will close as quickly as possible regardless of options, tires, etc. One dealer told me Lexus no longer makes the Mark Levinson system while trying to push my friend on a IS350 they had on the lot. At first I wasn't sure, then I went to Lexus web site to realize they don't seem to deliver them in New England. Anyway, kind of off topic...I'm ramblin.
Old 05-29-06, 08:15 PM
drsud
Driver School Candidate

Default Buy Backs

Well I talked to Lexus corporate and they have refused to buy back my vehicle I think the only option left at this time is the lemon law even if that means to pay for mileage used and just get out of the car. I think Lexus knows the car has many issues. I have had all sorts of problems with my car from engine oil leaks to trunk lock problems engine light and now vibration when driving above 60mph. I think when all is said and down I will stick with german engineering they may have problems however I think they have been making luxury automobiles for a lot longer and do a better job. I think more and more people are gonna start to realize that lexus is not all that just a hyped up toyota at the end of the day.
Old 05-29-06, 10:50 PM
james1017
Rookie

My car is having rattle noise when I have my sunshade(I think that's what it is) open, not the sunroof. Does anyone having this problem?