GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Lexus buy Backs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-06, 05:12 PM
drsud
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus buy Backs?

Does anyone have any information on how to have lexus buy back your car? I Have been experiencing many problems with my 2006 Gs 300 AWD it has been in the shop numerous times if someone has suggestions it would be appreciated. Thanks
Dr. Sud
Old 04-24-06, 05:57 PM
paki4lyfe
Driver School Candidate

i m having some problems too with the car...help will b appreciated..thnks
Old 04-24-06, 06:55 PM
Firstlps
Driver

Default In the Shop

My car is at the dealer now for ratlles and poping sounds I hope they can fix it. Also to adjust
the head lights so I can see down the road. I When paying this much for a car you expect
alot more
Old 04-25-06, 03:45 AM
scottmyers
Pole Position

I had so many issues with the car, and the popping and creaking almost drove me insane. They took the car back after 4 months and 3000 miles. Cost me $200 and I was into a new lease and a new GS.

They couldn't fix the car, and the dash rattles are not an easy fix. Even though the car they replaced it with has been refreshed in Jan 06 with small but definite changes from Lexus, like different tires, less touchy brakes, less rattles and so on, it definitely still has issues. The dealer basically gave in... or gave up. I was at the point where I was going to go through Lexus corporate, but I think they realized that I was never going away until it was resolved. The bottom line is this, the quality issues are completely unacceptable from Lexus and they need to be resolved or else. Even with this newer (refreshed) car, its a very big disappointment from such a well respected brand.

Last edited by scottmyers; 04-25-06 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-25-06, 07:38 AM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

It's amazing to me how much this car taps and rattles in the interior. I feel like the car is 5 years old with 100,000 miles on it but it still smells new. I lowered and put 20" staggered wheels on my AWD but I've been having the tapping and rattling sounds even before I modified the car. I'm going to suck it up for the next couple of years and and worse case scenario I'll put the car back to stock then sell it. Hopefully, before then Lexus will have a new TSB on how to successfully address the interior noise issues.
Old 04-25-06, 12:43 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No first year car, even a vaunted Lexus, is perfect. My '99 GS300 was a rattle trap and spent many days at the dealer.

My friend's '01 GS on the other hand is still solid as a rock. Like it or not, there is always an inherent risk being an early adopter.
Old 04-25-06, 05:24 PM
drsud
Driver School Candidate

At this point I wish my car only had rattling and popping noises they have removed the engine and transmission twice for oil leaks they have replaced every seal in the car! they also took apart the trunk lock assembly! so these are major repairs and lexus still refuses to buy back the car! its just insane.. Dr. Sud
Old 04-26-06, 06:09 PM
Barry O
Driver School Candidate

New York has a very aggressive Lemon Law Statute. Check out what is involved, if you are able file the papers, Lexus will respond very fast then. I had trouble with an SC430 and they swapped it out after 8 months, no problem. Good luck
Old 04-27-06, 08:22 AM
scottmyers
Pole Position

Originally Posted by drsud
At this point I wish my car only had rattling and popping noises they have removed the engine and transmission twice for oil leaks they have replaced every seal in the car! they also took apart the trunk lock assembly! so these are major repairs and lexus still refuses to buy back the car! its just insane.. Dr. Sud
Go straight to Lexus corporate. Don't deal with the dealer any longer if you can't get them to fix the issues. Threaten to go to the local papers, the news agencies, the Better Busines Bereau, persue the Lemon Law. It's unacceptable from Lexus and make them realize that you will except nothing other than a new car that works properly.

I can care less if the car is the 1st year redesign, what in world did we pay 50K plus for?
Old 04-27-06, 08:29 AM
Alboogie7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by scottmyers
Go straight to Lexus corporate. Don't deal with the dealer any longer if you can't get them to fix the issues. Threaten to go to the local papers, the news agencies, the Better Busines Bereau, persue the Lemon Law. It's unacceptable from Lexus and make them realize that you will except nothing other than a new car that works properly.

I can care less if the car is the 1st year redesign, what in world did we pay 50K plus for?

exactly, if that is the attitude we take, then first year designs should be heavily discounted for consumers for dealing with the aggrivation...
Old 04-27-06, 02:07 PM
scottmyers
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Alboogie7
exactly, if that is the attitude we take, then first year designs should be heavily discounted for consumers for dealing with the aggrivation...
Yes, exactly. All I'm saying is we tend to put up with these issues because thats what the dealers tell us. If this was a Kia, maybe I would be OK with the rattles, but its a Lexus for Gods sake.
Old 04-27-06, 05:06 PM
drsud
Driver School Candidate

So I finally picked up my car from the vehicle and the car runs like ****! I a hired a lawyer and am going straight to arbitration. Lexus Corporate is a joke i talked to them all they now is how to say sorry!! keep everyone posted.
Old 04-28-06, 10:08 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drsud
So I finally picked up my car from the vehicle and the car runs like ****! I a hired a lawyer and am going straight to arbitration. Lexus Corporate is a joke i talked to them all they now is how to say sorry!! keep everyone posted.
Good luck drsud. Your problems seem pretty serious, can't believe your dealer isn't willing to help.

Has corporate arranged for you to meet with the regional representative? Really hard to believe Lexus will leave you hanging. Keep us informed!
Old 04-28-06, 01:34 PM
RydeWitM3
Driver School Candidate

I have rattles too, my back windshield, my dash in the front by the door on the passenger side, the sunroof when its open. My ac starts to smell like A$$ and i do the same with this car that i did with my last, and thats leave it on auto. I set the temp to 76 its on dual climate, and its set to auto for both the ac and the air circulation, and works well except for the smell that comes out intermittently. I can't stand all the problems anymore, everytime i take it in, all i get is the same can't duplicate crap. for the amount i pay, i would rather dump this car and go pick up a new car, prob a mb cls. in fact anyone wanna buy a 06 gs300 with 17,000 miles on it.
Old 04-28-06, 01:55 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RydeWitM3
in fact anyone wanna buy a 06 gs300 with 17,000 miles on it.
Nobody's going to buy it after you mentioned all those problems. All joking aside, perhaps you should persue the Lemon Law.

Quick Reply: Lexus buy Backs?