GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

OEM Lexus HID/LED Fog Lights from Luis @ Carson Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-06, 09:18 AM
JKashat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was hoping that this was gonna be installation instructions, no such luck.
Attached Thumbnails OEM Lexus HID/LED Fog Lights from Luis @ Carson Toyota-hid-9-small-.jpg  
Old 02-15-06, 09:19 AM
JKashat
Lead Lap

Just a bunch of Japanese text.
Attached Thumbnails OEM Lexus HID/LED Fog Lights from Luis @ Carson Toyota-hid-10-small-.jpg  
Old 02-15-06, 10:02 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JKashat
Just a bunch of Japanese text.
What, you don't read Japanese?

Were you planning on a self-install or taking it to the dealer?
Old 02-15-06, 03:25 PM
JKashat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
What, you don't read Japanese?

Were you planning on a self-install or taking it to the dealer?
LOL, sorry no Japanese here, maybe a little Arabic. I worked in the Car Audio business for a few years and have always been good with electronics, so I was planning on doing the install myself. I'm sure that it would be a pain but not that difficult. But, I'd like to have some instructions for reference so I would know which specific harnesses and where to disconnect and how the brackets assemble, and where to install the DRL switch and where it plugs in, etc...
Old 02-15-06, 03:49 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck!
Old 02-15-06, 04:05 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

LOL, sorry no Japanese here, maybe a little Arabic. I worked in the Car Audio business for a few years and have always been good with electronics, so I was planning on doing the install myself. I'm sure that it would be a pain but not that difficult. But, I'd like to have some instructions for reference so I would know which specific harnesses and where to disconnect and how the brackets assemble, and where to install the DRL switch and where it plugs in, etc...
Yeah, installing w/out instructions would be a pain. So what's the plan? Do the guys at Carson have any way of helping?
Old 02-15-06, 09:13 PM
JKashat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
Yeah, installing w/out instructions would be a pain. So what's the plan? Do the guys at Carson have any way of helping?
Luis said that he and Steve and trying to see what they can find out for me. In the mean time I will try to patiently wait. It's OK, for now, the weather here in Michigan is bad so I don't really care to work it it right now, and I'm negotiating to buy a house right now, so I'm pretty busy. I'm also waiting for Luis to release the Carson Grille for the 3GS and some company to release a rear window top spoiler.
Old 02-15-06, 10:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

damn, if you can scan it or something, maybe i can try to ask my wife. if she's not too busy about tax stuff
Old 02-16-06, 06:38 AM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Luis said that he and Steve and trying to see what they can find out for me. In the mean time I will try to patiently wait. It's OK, for now, the weather here in Michigan is bad so I don't really care to work it it right now, and I'm negotiating to buy a house right now, so I'm pretty busy. I'm also waiting for Luis to release the Carson Grille for the 3GS and some company to release a rear window top spoiler.
I emailed Japan and there going to work on a translation for me on the HID fogs and Lighted scuff plates, I hope to have it shortly!
Old 02-16-06, 08:24 AM
JKashat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SUPRATRD
I emailed Japan and there going to work on a translation for me on the HID fogs and Lighted scuff plates, I hope to have it shortly!
Sounds good, thank you. I can't wait. Any word on the Aero kit and the spoiler? Also, when can I expect to hear or see more about the Grille that you are working on and the rear window spoiler? Thanks again.
Old 02-16-06, 08:34 AM
SUPRATRD

Sounds good, thank you. I can't wait. Any word on the Aero kit and the spoiler? Also, when can I expect to hear or see more about the Grille that you are working on and the rear window spoiler? Thanks again.

Be easier for you and all the members...........Aero kit will be in port end of this month

Soon you will see the CarsonTuned GS kit, very soon
Old 02-16-06, 10:45 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Be easier for you and all the members...........Aero kit will be in port end of this month

Soon you will see the CarsonTuned GS kit, very soon
Steve to the resuce
Old 02-17-06, 07:17 AM
SUPRATRD

Install instructions emailed,sorry there still in Japanese but great pics to follow along.........still waiting for the english translations
Old 02-17-06, 09:42 AM
JKashat
Lead Lap

Install instructions emailed,sorry there still in Japanese but great pics to follow along.........still waiting for the english translations
These will DEFINITELY help, but the english translation version would definitely be better.
Old 02-20-06, 03:19 PM
LexFather

SO I am assuming the 3GS foglight process is much more intense than the 2GS? The 2GS, you uncrew 2 screws in the front and voila, you have the fog in your hand.

Maybe try going behind the plastic under the front wheelwell and see if there are screws there to take the lamp out.

I just can't see Lexus making a fog a high labor item.

Quick Reply: OEM Lexus HID/LED Fog Lights from Luis @ Carson Toyota