GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Disable seatbelt chime...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-05, 10:03 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Disable seatbelt chime...

just want to let you know that there are DIY steps to disable the audible seatbelt warning. some nice folks on the IS forum found the solution, just thought you might like to know, in case it is bugging you and you want to disable it.

and no, i don't drive around without a seatbelt. our mailbox is about 400 yds from our house and we usually hop out of the car on the way home to grab the mail and then cruise down a private street w/ 15mph speed limit. so it would be nice if the chime didn't freak out at driver and/or passenger every day.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...2&page=2&pp=15

p.s. the only diff in the GS is that we have separate TRIP/ODO and RESET button. some other models they are one in the same. don't use the RESET button, only the TRIP/ODO.
Old 11-18-05, 07:11 AM
bigzip
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info lexuslover! It is a very simple solution to disable the seatbelt chime and just as easy to turn it back on if you want.
Old 11-18-05, 05:05 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Woah baby...i'm gonna try this tomorrow..this is one of those soooo annoying things....
Old 11-18-05, 10:19 PM
dandd2
Lead Lap

praise the lord if this would work
Old 11-18-05, 10:48 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Originally Posted by mkim1120
praise the lord if this would work
it does. i did it last night and tested this morning
Old 11-19-05, 11:21 PM
Raptor.1
Pole Position

Did it, works great! Very cool, just made the car that much sweeter. Thanks!
Old 11-25-05, 05:16 AM
hziemba
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Now if only someone could find a solution to the radio and bluetooth "disabilities" in motion, that didn't involve cutting wires... the world would REALLY be great!

I have the non-ML/NAV version of the GS300
Old 11-25-05, 08:34 AM
Chpsk8
Pole Position

I haven't been able to get this to work in my 2002 GS300.

1. turn the key to the ON position, foot off the brake
2. cycle the odometer with the trip reset button until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B)
3. turn the ignition to the LOCK (OFF) position
4. unbuckle the driver's seatbelt if it was buckled.
5. turn the key to the ON position. when the dash lights have come on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec)
6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.
7. the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.
8. the process should be completed when you unbuckle or turn the key off.

When I turn the key back on in step 5 and press and hold the ODO/TRIP button it ends up cycling to the trip mode. I wait the alloted 30 seconds then buckle the seatbelt, and nothing.

What am I doing wrong? I tried the trip reset button also, but couldn't get it to work. I'd love to disable the sound.

Thanks
Old 11-25-05, 09:23 PM
Raptor.1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Chpsk8

2. cycle the odometer with the trip reset button until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B)
5. turn the key to the ON position. when the dash lights have come on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec)
6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.
7. the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.

When I turn the key back on in step 5 and press and hold the ODO/TRIP button it ends up cycling to the trip mode. I wait the alloted 30 seconds then buckle the seatbelt, and nothing.

What am I doing wrong? I tried the trip reset button also, but couldn't get it to work. I'd love to disable the sound.

Thanks

2002? This proceedure is for 06' models.
Old 11-26-05, 10:55 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS4fun
Woah baby...i'm gonna try this tomorrow..this is one of those soooo annoying things....
I did this yesterday....and nice...what a great difference....now if we could only find a way to get out of that safety message on the NAV display...that would be a
Old 11-26-05, 06:42 PM
4thone
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chpsk8

Thanks

My 2000 didn't make a peep,it just had the flashing little seatbelt man.
Old 11-26-05, 06:46 PM
4thone
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I did mine the other day and it worked great .No more chime when I'm just moving the car
Old 11-26-05, 08:16 PM
osmany21
Driver School Candidate

I just tried to dissable my seatbelt chime but was unsucessful. I have 2006 GS 300 and had no luck. Once again I made sure the ODO was in the correct location and turned the vehicle off. After (without my foot o the brake) I turned it back on and and held the reset button, while holding the reset button i put the seatbelt on and contiued to hold. ...................nothing! over and over again nothing! It kept resetting my oil change timer but no resolution to the annoying chime. Help!
Old 11-26-05, 08:27 PM
bigzip
Driver

osmany, you don't use the reset button, it's the trip/odo button. Read lexuslovers p.s. in the first post.
Old 11-26-05, 09:52 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Seems that my GS300 AWD came with the seatbelt chime disabled.

Quick Reply: Disable seatbelt chime...