GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Check Engine Light - Check VSC

Old 08-07-06, 07:20 PM
dscodogg69
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all, Well just thought I'd stop by to give an update on my P.O.S. Same thing has been going on for the last few months. Lights coming on, they reset them and send me on my way. Before Memorial day I was told that Lexus has another updated computer available to solve this problem that they have now become aware of. They would also be replacing all of my oxygen sensors as well. That was when they ordered these supposed parts to fix my car. 2 weeks ago lights came back on, so I went in for my usual routine. I saw the service manager and he asked if I was in to schedule my appointment, to which I said what apppointment (at this time I almost forgot about the parts that were ordered). He then told me that everything had been in stock for quite some time now, someone just forget to tell me this though. Which I thought was just fantastic! So tomorrow it's going in to have this stuff put on to "solve" my problem. This is the last straw, then it's an official lemon. I've already started looking at new cars since i've about had it with this. It seems I'll be stuck with it though, I can't seem to let myself come to grips with loosing almost 15K in a year.
Old 08-07-06, 11:21 PM
wassabie
Driver School Candidate

oh man...my check vsc light just came on as well. I took it into the dealer and they said they would order me a new ECU computer. The part hasn't come in...but after reading this thread, it is starting to worry me... wish me luck...
Old 08-16-06, 03:18 PM
Loce
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

Joining the club. My check engine light and check VSC just came on. Just got 20k service friday. What the hell...... My dash is lit like a christmas tree. Check tire pressure (cause of 20"s) check engine, check VSC. You would think Im driving a 73 cadillac.
Old 08-24-06, 11:09 AM
Loce
Driver School Candidate

Delear kept my car for 4 days. Said it was the gas cap and reset the check lights. Cool. One day later my VSC is back on. Cerritos Lexus is the worst. Im going back to Longo which is 20 miles away.
Old 12-19-06, 11:40 AM
bunkiwi
Driver School Candidate

I'm going through the same garbage. First trip to the dealer: "it was a loose gas cap, we tightened it and reset the warning." Several days later it came on again. Second trip to the dealer: "we pressure tested the gas cap, and it failed so we replaced it and reset the warning." That was today. I hope I won't have to go back for major surgery.

Anyway, when did gas caps become such a critical component? I thought they were all about keeping the fuel from sloshing out.
Old 12-28-06, 05:02 PM
bigworm
Driver School Candidate

I just brought my is 250 awd to get ckeched out because my vsc light was on. I did smell the oil dipstick before I took it in, and it did smell like gas. They told me that I need to drive the car more often(perhaps it happens when the car sits) and they also put in fresh oil. We use the car almost everyday, but mainly short trips.

Gas in the oil can not be a good thing for the longevity of an engine. It seems that they have a problem on their hands. Chanking the oil in not fixing the source of the problem. I was friendly this visit. However, I will be demanding answers the next time I need to take the car in for the same problem.

The dealer is far from me(40 minutes)so this could turn onto a real PITA. I bought a lexus for its reliablity. I hope they get things fixed, or I may need to buy a BMW 335. We will see how long the lights stay deactivated.
Old 12-29-06, 05:37 AM
drsud
Driver School Candidate

hey, sorry to here about your car! I will tell you that the smell is unique and at times I could even see a very thin layer of smoke coming fron the grill, it was oil leaking on to some exhaust pipe however the problem was that the leak was from the rear of the enigine so they had to remove the entire engine and trust me I was not happy I would call lexus head quarters make them aware of the problem and your disatisfication they gave me a few free things i was satelite radio they installed it and paid the subscription second was free 15,000 mile service and 30,000 mile service they new i was pissed and i was gonna hire a lawyer but thruthfully toyoto motor corp is huge you really have no chance in getting any where, the do have great customer service although the did fix the problem and i have yet to go back for anything besides oil changes so keep fighting let them now you are not gonna give up cause at the end of the day you paying for the car. well let me know how it goes. Dr. Sud
Old 12-29-06, 07:01 PM
dscodogg69
Driver School Candidate

Why me! First all the problems with the GS, which I traded in on an IS 250. My GS is perfect now. I went to the dealer 2 weeks ago for my 5k service on the IS and learned and they had sold the GS to one of the managers brothers. And he hasn't had a problem. Yesterday my Check VSC light came on in this car too!! WTF!!!
Old 12-31-06, 06:39 AM
BadNewzzVA
Driver School Candidate

Default Check Engine Light - VSC

Hello, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I recently took my 06 GS 300 (RWD), with 20k miles in for service due to the check engine light - VSC coming on. I took it to Lexus of Towson here in Maryland on Dec 26th. They told me they would have to replace my O2 sensor and my ECU and that this is a common issue with the 06 GS's. They also are replacing my front passenger shock which has also gone bad. They did give me a loaner (07 ES 350) which rides as smooth as silk, but I miss my GS, and I'm not sure when I'll be getting it back
Old 12-31-06, 12:37 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by dscodogg69
Why me! First all the problems with the GS, which I traded in on an IS 250. My GS is perfect now. I went to the dealer 2 weeks ago for my 5k service on the IS and learned and they had sold the GS to one of the managers brothers. And he hasn't had a problem. Yesterday my Check VSC light came on in this car too!! WTF!!!
Wow you traded a 3GS on an IS250. You must have taken a bath financially.

If you're now having problems with the IS that's really unfortunate. And still the root cause can't be found?

If it's of any help, my 2GS had check VSC light several times caused by the dealer which put a replacement TRD front sway bar on upside down and this was causing the front wheel speed sensor cable to be crushed/destroyed about every couple of months. When my CL buds helped me eventually figure out what had happened I was not a happy camper.

Anyway, was wondering if maybe somehow one of your speed sensor cables is bad? Here's another out in left field idea - are you cleaning your wheels with some special cleaner? Maybe that's going through the wheel spoke spaces and eating the speed sensor cables???
Old 01-03-07, 10:58 AM
bbnurdone
Driver School Candidate

Hello, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone. I got my 2007 GS350 AWD for almost 2 months now and the check engine light, VSC and Slip Idicator lights were on last week. I will take my car in this friday for them to check and see what they say.
Old 01-03-07, 11:02 PM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

im keeping this thread alive for fixes.
Old 01-06-07, 09:39 PM
ferix
Rookie

Default chekc vsc again

the check vsc, engine malfunction and slip lights went on couple of days back so i rushed the car to the dealer.. waited for an hour and seems they just reset the computer, service tech told me to try it out.. worked fine until this morning when the lights came back on.. should i be demanding they replace anything?
Old 01-07-07, 05:46 AM
BadNewzzVA
Driver School Candidate

Well ... My 06 GS300 (RWD) is still at the dealership waiting for an ECU. I was told that ECU's are on backorder till the 9th of January. Does anyone know anything about a backorder on ECU's?
Old 01-07-07, 10:22 AM
ferix
Rookie

Originally Posted by BadNewzzVA
Well ... My 06 GS300 (RWD) is still at the dealership waiting for an ECU. I was told that ECU's are on backorder till the 9th of January. Does anyone know anything about a backorder on ECU's?
what's an ecu? if it is replaced does it solve the problem? can anyone confirm this..
thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Check Engine Light - Check VSC