Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Official 3rd Gen GS Modification Thread!!

Old 02-08-12, 01:24 PM   #1621
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by passnu2 View Post
I have not come across one thread with fitment issues on the authentic Carson kit...we are not talking about other kits! The kit fit like crap and the member posted this. So what would you relate this to?

I think you need to back away with that tone and trying to insult my intelligence! It's a public form if you can't take an honest post to help out other members then walk away.
There was a thread thoroughly discussing this subject where other members described fitment problems with JDM kits. Myself included. My Wisesport lip did not mount without modification. Sometimes it happens, price does not play into it. Not as much as u think.
Your statements about his kit not fitting right out of the box because it is a knock-off are just not accurate. I just don't want people who are easily influenced to read that stuff and believe you speak the gospel.
Okay, this guy had problems. He posted it. Fine. But you blamed it on the fact it is a knock-off, he didn't. You said that. He didn't. You don't know that what u said is true. Don't make general statements without facts. My knock-off kit fit perfectly. So it's not all of them.

As for tones, I'll not reply, you know what u can do with that one.

As for helping other members....is that what u think you're doing? By stating things that may NOT be fact. At least say it's your opinion.

It's ok if u don't like knock-offs....but it's childish to put something down simply because u don't like it.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

06 GS300 Obsidian
07 GS350 GFM
http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sho...0&ppuser=14738
Ice350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-12, 01:31 PM   #1622
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (3)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000548829927 AWD GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice350 View Post
It's ok if u don't like knock-offs....but it's childish to put something down simply because u don't like it.
says the guy that always post negative comments when someone post pics of their car with black wheels.

2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD Glacier Frost Mica - Black - ML Package
20" x 8.5" Status Knight Wheels Black with Machine Face | Bridgestone G-Force Tires 245/30/20 | BC Racing Coilovers | Carson Tuned Lip Kit | 3000k HID Fogs | Prestigious Society Navi/DVD Override Kit | 15% Tint | Black Roof and Window Trim
IXI187IXI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-12, 01:50 PM   #1623
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (32)

wouldn't that make clear sense if I post something that its my opinion. Am I forcing anyone to agree or disagree with me? I just posted accurate info as I would for anyone. Your welcome your opinion. Your welcome to disagree with me as are other members

And just curious what would you call this kit from ED? Teach me since you know more I would like to learn:thumup:

And your correct it has nothing to do with what you paid..I probably paid less for the real deal kit then most have paid for these copied kits.
Old 02-08-12, 02:31 PM   #1624
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)

this is modification thread, please back on topic.
Old 02-08-12, 04:16 PM   #1625
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominl View Post
this is modification thread, please back on topic.
I believe we are talking about mods...but i will lighten up my responses...in case they are misunderstood.

06 GS300 Obsidian
07 GS350 GFM
Old 02-08-12, 04:25 PM   #1626
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXI187IXI View Post
says the guy that always post negative comments when someone post pics of their car with black wheels.
I don't like blacked out wheels but I don't recall putting it down or the people who choose them. I've never said it was bad, knock-offs, fake, harmful nor attach the person to choice directly. I try to speak my feelings in third person. Like this: I don't understand the logic of spending big bucks on blacked out wheels that disappear. If you like blacked out wheels just paint the stockers.

06 GS300 Obsidian
07 GS350 GFM
Old 02-09-12, 02:41 PM   #1627
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)

This was just my guys take on these sides, he couldve just told me that since it took him a week to get my car back but from reading thru these forums people have had problems with all sorts of kits wether high end or low end, I just think if it isnt directly from lexus theres gonna be fitment issues
Old 03-27-12, 12:13 PM   #1628
WildNg
Driver School Candidate

Default INGs+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mase09 View Post
?

thanks in advanced
I think Vivid Racing has it. www.vividracing.com. I got my friend to import mine from Japan.
WildNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-12, 06:08 PM   #1629
izzyboi
Driver School Candidate

Default mods

Staggerd Stance Wheels

20x8.5, 245/35 Front

20x10, 275/30 Rear
Attached Images

izzyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-12, 02:23 AM   #1630
Boron
Lead Lap

Very nice izzy - ties in very well with the chrome trim on the car.
Boron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-12, 06:55 AM   #1631
izzyboi
Driver School Candidate

Thanks that's what I was going for. A classy look since its a luxury car. Only thing that is chrome is the lip. The face is a machined finish.
izzyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-12, 05:30 AM   #1632
WildNg
Driver School Candidate

Default My Daily Driver

Nothing too aggressive for a daily driver. What does everyone think?
Attached Images

Old 04-22-12, 07:00 AM   #1633
Boron
Lead Lap

Wheels are alright - I could take them or leave them.
Not liking the bodykit bits, least of all the front chin - adds nothing but makes it look fat/bloated.
Actually the more I look at it again as I write this, the more I feel it ruins the car, which is beautiful in that white.
Boron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-12, 10:41 AM   #1634
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildNg View Post
Nothing too aggressive for a daily driver. What does everyone think?
It's kinda dangerous to ask people what they think. You might hear stuff you don't like.

I like the wheels but not on this car. I think they are too tuner for a GS. But if thats the style you want that cool. Problem with that is there are other kits that are more tuner than this. No flow.

Speaking of the kit, I'm not crazy about it but it's not bad. Would be better on a black car. It is kinda bulky.

Here's the deal, lots of people don't like my kit either. I don't give a crap. All that matters is for you to like it.

06 GS300 Obsidian
07 GS350 GFM
Old 04-22-12, 05:15 PM   #1635
WildNg
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice350 View Post
It's kinda dangerous to ask people what they think. You might hear stuff you don't like.

I like the wheels but not on this car. I think they are too tuner for a GS. But if thats the style you want that cool. Problem with that is there are other kits that are more tuner than this. No flow.

Speaking of the kit, I'm not crazy about it but it's not bad. Would be better on a black car. It is kinda bulky.

Here's the deal, lots of people don't like my kit either. I don't give a crap. All that matters is for you to like it.
Haha. I like how you described it as a dangerous question. I don't mind if people don't like it. Just sharing my completed ride. Just as there are cars here that I have seen that I don't care for. I just loved this kit when I first saw it on the actual Ings+1 car and it was in white. I wanted high quality JDM that is one piece forged so I got the Volk Racing G2s which I think is a classier model already. Thanks for the comments.
Old 04-22-12, 05:15 PM

Tags
2008, 450, dad, garson, gs, gs350, knob, lexus, mods, packages, rear, roof, shift, snetterton, spoiler, suv, tsw, wheel