GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Lexus Personalized Settings

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-05, 06:53 AM
bluemr2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Personalized Settings

What are your settings?

Thanks.
Old 08-03-05, 09:10 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm not really sure I understand your question...

Which settings are you asking about? Climate, seat, transmission, cool/heat seat..?
Old 08-03-05, 09:42 AM
bluemr2
Driver School Candidate

I understand that the car can be programmed to my personal preference when I approach/enter/start the car (ie. volume of the lock/unlocked door beeps, automatically roll down the windows when I open the door, etc.). These settings are not the same as the seat configuration or user settings. Am I all goofed up here?

Thanks.
Old 08-03-05, 09:57 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's not as snazzy as you might think. there are 15 options to choose from. the important ones relate to the door lock settings - all of these you can adjust yourself using instructions in the manual. the other settings i don't know if you can do on your own.

you have 12 months to get it done. they basically got rid of the complimentary 1k service and put the LPS in there. you should have gotten the pamphlet for the options in your manual, but in case you did not, here is the link: http://lexus2.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/l...ted=1119453697

as for my settings, i did the locks myself, none of the other options interest me:

- ALL doors unlock when i touch ANY handle on the car
- car doors lock after reaching 12mph, Not when shifting out of P
- ALL doors unlock after shifting into P
Old 08-03-05, 10:00 AM
kb2yza
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bluemr2
I understand that the car can be programmed to my personal preference when I approach/enter/start the car (ie. volume of the lock/unlocked door beeps, automatically roll down the windows when I open the door, etc.). These settings are not the same as the seat configuration or user settings. Am I all goofed up here?

Thanks.
No you are correct. Your dealer should have given you a pamphlet on this for you car. Here is the link if they didn't: http://www.lexus.com/assets/models/w...ectionForm.pdf

Or in text....

By pressing the remote key door unlock button, the following functions can be programmed:
1. Pressing the unlock button one time will unlock all doors.
2. Pressing the unlock button one time unlocks the driver’s door, and two times unlocks all doors. (Standard)
Using the remote key, the following functions can be programmed:
1. Press the LOCK/UNLOCK button on the remote key and the lights will not flash.
2. Press the LOCK button and the lights will flash once, press the UNLOCK button and the lights will flash twice.
(Standard)

While the engine is running and the vehicle is placed into park the vehicle can be programmed as follows:
1. When placing the vehicle into park, all of the doors will remain LOCKED. (Standard)
2. When placing vehicle into park, ALL the doors will automatically UNLOCK.

When the vehicle reaches 13 mph, the vehicle can be programmed as follows:
1. The doors will not lock. (Standard)
2. All of the doors will automatically lock.

While the brake pedal is being pressed and the vehicle is taken out of park and placed into another range, the vehicle can be programmed to operate as follows:
1. All of the doors will remain unlocked when shifting from park into another range.
2. The doors will automatically lock. (Standard)

Pressing the UNLOCK button on the remote key for 2.5 seconds, the vehicle can be programmed as follows:
1. The windows will not roll down.
2. All the windows will roll down. (Standard)
*Note: See slide roof for additional options.

By pressing the UNLOCK button on the remote key for 2.5 seconds, the following options can be programmed:
1. The moon roof will not open.
2. The moon roof will open. (Standard)

*Note: Option #6 must be on.

When option #6 and #7 are active, the moon roof can be programmed for the following:
1. Moon (Standard)
2. Tilt

By pressing on the trunk release button, located on the remote key, the trunk will open. The release button can be programmed to function as follows:
1. Press button one time to release the trunk. (No delay)
2. Press button two times to release the trunk.
3. Press and hold button for 0.8 seconds to release the trunk. (Standard)
4. The button can be turned off so the trunk cannot be opened using the remote key.

After closing the door, the interior lights can be adjusted to stay on for the following:
1. 7.5 seconds
2. 15 seconds (Standard)
3. 30 seconds

When pressing the unlock button on the remote key, the interior light can be programmed for the following:
1. When pressing the unlock button the interior light will not illuminate.
2. When pressing the unlock button the cabin light will turn on, illuminating the interior cabin. (Standard)

After turning off the ignition and all the doors are closed, if the headlights are ON or in AUTO, the lights can be programmed for the following:
1. Turn off immediately, when the vehicle is turned off and the driver door is opened.
2. Turn off in 30 seconds. (Standard)
3. Turn off in 60 seconds.
4. Turn off in 90 seconds.
While driving the vehicle and the headlight switch is placed in the “AUTO” mode, the front headlights can be programmed to turn on under darker or lighter ambient light conditions. Circle setting selection:
Very (Standard) Very
Light Normal Dark
1 2 3 4 5
Normal = 3 (Standard)

When the vehicle is placed in park, the ignition turned off, and the key is removed from the ignition, the steering wheel can be set to the following:
1. Automatically move up and away from the driver position setting. (Standard)
2. Remain in the current position, as set by the driver.

When the air conditioner is ON or in AUTO, the vehicle can be programmed for the following:
1. To automatically switch between the recirculation mode and fresh air mode as necessary to meet the
temperature requirement set. (Standard)
2. When the climate control is turned on, the user must manually select the desired mode, recirculation
or fresh air mode.
Old 08-05-05, 05:17 AM
hziemba
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

For Lexlover:
How did you set the locks yourself?
I read that part of the manual several times, and couldn 't figure out what they were saying... must be lost in translation.
All doors lock when shift into P
is the one I'm most interested in.
Old 08-05-05, 09:42 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

the instructions are in the door lock section in the manual. the instructions are pretty clear, but it still may take you 2-3 tries to get it right. you will know when you have done it right when the door locks lock and unlock automatically to confirm.

have you tried it yet? what part are you having trouble with? remember that all the steps have to be performed within a certain time frame, and that holding down unlock must be performed for 5 sec. you should literally count out loud, 1-one thousand, 2-one thousand, etc. it works!
Old 08-05-05, 05:15 PM
dandd2
Lead Lap

the dealership told me to come back to get these settings done but i never have time to or had time to
but i was wondering if someone could post the step-by-step instructions on how to do such procedures
Old 08-05-05, 06:14 PM
hziemba
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's what the book says:

To select the unlocking linked with the shift position:

1. Close all doors and select the engine switch in “IG-ON” mode.

Closed doors is obvious, but does the last part mean to press twice w/foot OFF brake?

2. Shift the selector lever to the “P” position.
Isn't the lever already in P? The rest seems easy enough

3. Within 10 seconds of selecting the engine switch in “IG-ON” mode, press and hold the driver’s side power door lock switch in the unlock position for 5 seconds and then release.
The doors will be locked and unlocked to indicate that the function is set.
To cancel the function, do the above operation again.

When I asked at the 800 number, they said I had to take it to the dealer.
Old 08-05-05, 07:22 PM
kb2yza
Pole Position

You seem to have it down fine.. but i guess no go, eh?

IG-On mode is pressing the Ignition button twice with out pressing the brake. As far as the Park goes that is just to ensure that you are in park and havent stopped the car in your drivway, turn off the engine and left it in D or N.
Old 08-05-05, 11:09 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

hziemba, you have the right instructions. the reason they say 'P' is because for other lock procedures, you have to put in 'N'. if the instructions are confusing to you, here's a simpler way of stating it:

1. get in your car and close the door
2. push the start button 2 times WITHOUT your foot on brake pedal
3. press and hold down the UNLOCK button on your door panel, count 1-one thousand, 2-one thousand, 3-one thousand, 4-one thousand, 5-one thousand
4. release the button immediately after 5-one thousand, the doors should lock and unlock once to confirm

voila, you are done. good luck!
Old 08-06-05, 06:24 AM
dandd2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexuslover
hziemba, you have the right instructions. the reason they say 'P' is because for other lock procedures, you have to put in 'N'. if the instructions are confusing to you, here's a simpler way of stating it:

1. get in your car and close the door
2. push the start button 2 times WITHOUT your foot on brake pedal
3. press and hold down the UNLOCK button on your door panel, count 1-one thousand, 2-one thousand, 3-one thousand, 4-one thousand, 5-one thousand
4. release the button immediately after 5-one thousand, the doors should lock and unlock once to confirm

voila, you are done. good luck!
what option does this procedure set?
Old 08-06-05, 08:07 AM
bluemr2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mkim1120
what option does this procedure set?
All doors unlocking upon shifting into P position.
Old 08-06-05, 12:00 PM
bigzip
Driver

How can I deactivate the moon roof from opening when I press the remote key for 2.5 seconds to roll down the windows? That's # 7 in the quick reference listings.
Old 08-06-05, 02:47 PM
dandd2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexuslover
it's not as snazzy as you might think. there are 15 options to choose from. the important ones relate to the door lock settings - all of these you can adjust yourself using instructions in the manual. the other settings i don't know if you can do on your own.

you have 12 months to get it done. they basically got rid of the complimentary 1k service and put the LPS in there. you should have gotten the pamphlet for the options in your manual, but in case you did not, here is the link: http://lexus2.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/l...ted=1119453697

as for my settings, i did the locks myself, none of the other options interest me:

- ALL doors unlock when i touch ANY handle on the car

- car doors lock after reaching 12mph, Not when shifting out of P
- ALL doors unlock after shifting into P
how did u do this?

Quick Reply: Lexus Personalized Settings