GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Flying to Drive..Flying back while driving...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-05, 07:21 AM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flying to Drive..Flying back while driving...

Hey Im flying down to SC tomorrow morning to get my gs430. Its a long drive back and I do have a 3 day weekend so I will probably stop at bikerfest in Myrtle Beach with my digital camera and then drive up to VA beach and spend the night there and continue my drive back up to NYC on Sunday or Monday.

I will probably want to push this car a lil bit whenever I find myself ona an open road. I want to take my Valentine V1 radar detector with me. Does anyone know if this will be allowed on the airplane in my carry-on?
Old 05-27-05, 09:35 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkBuzzard
Hey Im flying down to SC tomorrow morning to get my gs430. Its a long drive back and I do have a 3 day weekend so I will probably stop at bikerfest in Myrtle Beach with my digital camera and then drive up to VA beach and spend the night there and continue my drive back up to NYC on Sunday or Monday.

I will probably want to push this car a lil bit whenever I find myself ona an open road. I want to take my Valentine V1 radar detector with me. Does anyone know if this will be allowed on the airplane in my carry-on?
Hey congrats on your purchase! What a way to spend the holiday weekend. That's awesome! Just you and your new GS!

I don't think you should have a problem w/carrying your V1 in your suitcase. Good luck and take lots of photos of your whole experience!
Old 05-27-05, 04:59 PM
kshack
Driver School Candidate

One thing.. Be careful. I live in NJ and NY and I already had someone try to steal my car and someone stole a bumper piece of my car.. kinda crappy lol.
Old 05-27-05, 05:44 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

No I dont mean in my suitcase. I am not taking luggage. I am taking a carry-on backpack with me.
Old 05-29-05, 08:30 AM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

woke up saturday 3am to get ready for the 5am flight to SC. picked up my car, drove to va beach. was gonna spend the night till they said 175 per room. it scared the sleep outta me. jumped back in the car and drove all the way back, stopped at a topless bar for some entertainment and had a red bull type of energy drink called "sum poosie". i am not kidding. ikept the bottle as a souvenir. i just got back at 9am cuz i stopped to wash them bugs off the front of the car.. the car is fkin amazing and the V1 saved my butt like a dozen times..NO LIE. gonna hibernate now. then wake up and memorize the bible (manual) then go ride sum more.
Old 05-29-05, 09:28 PM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkBuzzard
woke up saturday 3am to get ready for the 5am flight to SC. picked up my car, drove to va beach. was gonna spend the night till they said 175 per room. it scared the sleep outta me. jumped back in the car and drove all the way back, stopped at a topless bar for some entertainment and had a red bull type of energy drink called "sum poosie". i am not kidding. ikept the bottle as a souvenir. i just got back at 9am cuz i stopped to wash them bugs off the front of the car.. the car is fkin amazing and the V1 saved my butt like a dozen times..NO LIE. gonna hibernate now. then wake up and memorize the bible (manual) then go ride sum more.
Congrats on the new ride dude! Sounds like you had a he!! of a ride.