GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tire Road Hazard Protection??

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-05, 04:05 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Road Hazard Protection??

Ok today I finalized my gs430 deal.

once again a link to it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ME:B:EOAB:US:6

The manager offered me something called Tire AND Wheel Road Hazard Protection...which is 5 years/unlimited coverage. Basically if the 18 inch tourmalin rims get damaged, bent, cracked, then I would go buy another one and provide the receipt to these Road hazard people who would then reimburse me the money i spent out my pocket. It costs about 980 bucks for it. I live in NYC. Roads here are disgusting. I told him I will call him back on it. Wht do you guys think?
Old 05-23-05, 04:12 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Im an idiot

I just googled "road hazard protection" and found exact same programs for 350 bucks. Dang I hate car dealers.
Old 05-23-05, 04:12 PM
osx-addict
Driver

Originally Posted by BlkBuzzard
Ok today I finalized my gs430 deal.

once again a link to it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ME:B:EOAB:US:6

The manager offered me something called Tire AND Wheel Road Hazard Protection...which is 5 years/unlimited coverage. Basically if the 18 inch tourmalin rims get damaged, bent, cracked, then I would go buy another one and provide the receipt to these Road hazard people who would then reimburse me the money i spent out my pocket. It costs about 980 bucks for it. I live in NYC. Roads here are disgusting. I told him I will call him back on it. Wht do you guys think?
Never heard of such a policy -- However, I live in CA where roads aren't too bad.. The last time I was in NY, a few years ago, I lost a hub-cap off my aunt & uncles car that I had borrowed to visit a friend when I hit a 8" deep pot hole.. I've never hit a pot hole that big before.. Not sure I'm much help here.. I guess it really depends on how much driving you do..
Old 05-23-05, 04:20 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Originally Posted by osx-addict
Never heard of such a policy -- However, I live in CA where roads aren't too bad.. The last time I was in NY, a few years ago, I lost a hub-cap off my aunt & uncles car that I had borrowed to visit a friend when I hit a 8" deep pot hole.. I've never hit a pot hole that big before.. Not sure I'm much help here.. I guess it really depends on how much driving you do..

I drive alot. I havent hit any pothole that deep since my young and reckless days (not too long ago).

I have seen some armageddon sized craters though here. The kind that can wipe out an entire civilization of dinosaurs. No kidding.

But yeah, I just called the dealer and told him I dont want this protection. He wants to charge me 980 for something that I can get independently on my own for 350.
Old 05-23-05, 04:40 PM
osx-addict
Driver

Originally Posted by BlkBuzzard
I drive alot. I havent hit any pothole that deep since my young and reckless days (not too long ago).

I have seen some armageddon sized craters though here. The kind that can wipe out an entire civilization of dinosaurs. No kidding.

But yeah, I just called the dealer and told him I dont want this protection. He wants to charge me 980 for something that I can get independently on my own for 350.
Cool.. Sounds like the way to go.. I was going to say that the $980 sounded close to what an extended warranty is going for (ok -- perhaps about 1/2 or so)