GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My god!! New GS are everywhere............

Old 05-03-05, 01:59 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

saw my first GS today, it was the cypress color. i was goin home on interstate-77north, and the GS was going south, i just glanced over and the front caught my eye, then i looked back quickly and saw the rear end and it was a GS. couldnt tell if it was a 300 or 430, but it was my first GS sighting going more than 60mph. the other gs i saw was at the dealership and they were parking it
Old 05-03-05, 02:49 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by osx-addict
That's the color I've got.. I like it (obviously).. I was really after a car that had the tan interior instead of either black or gray, so that ruled out a fair amount of the vehicles.. I'm pleased, but if I see someone that looks like their going to barf when I go by, I'll keep you in mind..
Heh, sorry bro, dont take it personal though. Funny thing is I didnt even see your post right before mine when you said you bought Cypress Pearl. However, its your car, and not mine, so my opinion really doesnt matter in your decision making. Hows the tan interior though??
Old 05-03-05, 02:51 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Originally Posted by AJL0365
saw my first GS today, it was the cypress color. i was goin home on interstate-77north, and the GS was going south, i just glanced over and the front caught my eye, then i looked back quickly and saw the rear end and it was a GS. couldnt tell if it was a 300 or 430, but it was my first GS sighting going more than 60mph. the other gs i saw was at the dealership and they were parking it
I've yet to see one myself in Charlotte on the road at all - only two or three of them at the dealer.
Old 05-03-05, 03:06 PM
highmiles
Pole Position

The only ones I have seen are those being hauled to dealers. I am a bit surprised given that I have traveled to half a dozen states and yet to see another one on the road. But then again I have not seen any of the Ms either.
Old 05-03-05, 03:43 PM
osx-addict
Driver

Originally Posted by magneto112
Heh, sorry bro, dont take it personal though. Funny thing is I didnt even see your post right before mine when you said you bought Cypress Pearl. However, its your car, and not mine, so my opinion really doesnt matter in your decision making. Hows the tan interior though??
No problem! The tan interior is very nice.. I've never had a tan interior and for me it will likely be a little more work to keep it looking nice -- as I've got 3yo and 8yo kids that keep me on my toes.. I should probably pack some sort of leather cleaner in with me just in case they dirty up that nice leather!
Old 05-03-05, 05:23 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by osx-addict
No problem! The tan interior is very nice.. I've never had a tan interior and for me it will likely be a little more work to keep it looking nice -- as I've got 3yo and 8yo kids that keep me on my toes.. I should probably pack some sort of leather cleaner in with me just in case they dirty up that nice leather!
Cool, thankfully, I dont have kids yet, and hopefully no time soon, but I understand that man. Definitely keep a leather cleaner and conditioner in your car at all times. I practically got an entire cleaning kit in my trunk. Wax, Soap, window cleaner, leather conditioner, tire shine, etc.. You never know when your car might need it. LOL. My Maxima has tan leather interior and I must say that it gets pretty damn dirty after a month or two without cleaning. The leather is not the bad part about the cleaning, its the carpet that gives me a headache. I just bought rubber floormats so I'm using those and they are working great. Good luck with the car.
Old 05-03-05, 05:28 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

saw the New GS yesterday and today

had one behind me

never realized how big the new emblem is on the grill

nice colors though

both 300's

guess they are starting to trickle out by me now in North jersey
Old 05-03-05, 06:36 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Saw a Matador Red GS430 with (i believe) 18" stock CHROME rims on a light by my house. I have said this before...but the car looked STUNNING I never knew that the red looks good on a GS. There was an old guy driving it and had NO plates(brand new)...what a beauty!!! This car while on the road has a totally different personality as it does standing or in pictures.
Old 05-04-05, 09:57 AM
osx-addict
Driver

Originally Posted by NYlexus
Saw a Matador Red GS430 with (i believe) 18" stock CHROME rims on a light by my house. I have said this before...but the car looked STUNNING I never knew that the red looks good on a GS. There was an old guy driving it and had NO plates(brand new)...what a beauty!!! This car while on the road has a totally different personality as it does standing or in pictures.
Cool.. I've only seen the silver (metalic mica?), cypress pearl (mine), black, some shade of dark blue, pearl-white, and some yellowy winish color (kinda like kids barf color) -- not my fav obviously.