GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My god!! New GS are everywhere............

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-05, 06:56 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Yesterday I saw my first GS 430 on the road it looks awesome imo with those 18 inch rims, it was a red one. It was also the first time I saw a E-Class and GS side by side. Here's the pic I managed to take of the two while at the dealer yesterday.

Old 04-27-05, 08:17 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusChris
Yesterday I saw my first GS 430 on the road it looks awesome imo with those 18 inch rims, it was a red one. It was also the first time I saw a E-Class and GS side by side. Here's the pic I managed to take of the two while at the dealer yesterday.

The new GS wins, at least from that angle IMO
Old 04-27-05, 09:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

the gs looks a lot more sporty from that angle, definitely
Old 04-27-05, 09:20 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen 4 since they debuted and they all ahve been that dark blue color.
Old 04-27-05, 02:37 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL the E-class is parked outside the handicap space and the GS is not even in a space, i guess they call it a no parking zone, but anyways, i feel the GS is more sportier overall tah the E. I think the E is more tuned or just looked more to be a luxury crusier, besides what i think the E need to be a lil' more sportier in the rear is some type of exposed exhaust, but not like the AMG version
Old 04-27-05, 03:36 PM
osx-addict
Driver

Wink

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
I've seen 4 since they debuted and they all ahve been that dark blue color.
If you see one that is Cypress Pearl (aka green) tooting about So-Cal, that's mine.. Just picked it up today.. That car is REALLY quiet inside when going down the freeway (605) like I was on my way home.. Now if I can only wrap my brain around the Navi system which is SOOO different than what I'm used to in our '01 Honda Odyssey.. (and 10000x better IMHO)
Old 04-27-05, 03:41 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

welcome OSX. I'll be sure to waive at you on the 605 if I ever see ya!
Old 05-02-05, 07:38 PM
LexFather

I guess I am driving more, I did see 2 3GSs this weekend and I was pleasantly surprised my brain said "what is that" and no Maxima images cropped up. The car simply looks different to anything else on the road and different in a good way. I actually didn't mind the rear either (my least fav part of the car). It looks really good in motion.

the GREAT thing is the 2GS still looks great. I was at a couple lots with a friend (convinced him or rather the 2GS convinced him to get over a 540) and it still looks GREAT. Lexus makes some very timeless designs, they don't look old when the new design comes out.
Old 05-02-05, 08:59 PM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

still have not seen one on the road
Old 05-02-05, 09:22 PM
tmds
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TRULUX
still have not seen one on the road
They are already getting popular in my area. I believe I mentioned earlier that there's a new silver GS430 in my neighborhood. And they're everywhere on the road. Just this morning, I rolled up beside a silver GS300 (heavily tinted) on westbound Rosecrans Avenue in Manhattan Beach. I was trying to give the guy a thumbs up, but he was too busy rocking out (no kidding, he was seriously getting down to his tunes... of course, I couldn't hear anything over my own excessively loud music).

Definitely seeing more new GSs than Ms. Not counting my own and a red M Sport I saw with license plates (so it obviously didn't count since it was probably a Nissan Corporate car), I've only seen two Ms around town. One Diamond Graphite M Sport (not sure which engine, but judging from the guy's smile, I'm guessing 45) going the opposite direction on Sepulveda Blvd (PCH) and one M35 non-sport in the awkward gold/sand color in a parking lot.

Of course, for every GS or M I see, I see probably 10 times as many brand-new 5-Series BMWs and E-Class Mercedes. Every time I see a 5 or E, my ego gets the best of me and I fill with smug and condescending thoughts... These 5s and Es are being purchased too late for it to make sense (the new M and GS are available now!) and too early for the mainstream population to know any better (how many people really read car magazines?). If I didn't strongly believe that most 5 and E owners buy them just for their image, I would feel particularly bad for those who are buying right now. Somewhat ironic, I suppose, since they probably are so thrilled to be rolling around in their new "Benz" or "Bimmer." And yet, there I am, next to them in my Infiniti no less, smugly laughing at them, like a jerk. Seems like the worst part of the tables have turned first. I've got to keep my ego in check.
Old 05-02-05, 09:56 PM
osx-addict
Driver

Originally Posted by tmds
They are already getting popular in my area. I believe I mentioned earlier that there's a new silver GS430 in my neighborhood. And they're everywhere on the road. Just this morning, I rolled up beside a silver GS300 (heavily tinted) on westbound Rosecrans Avenue in Manhattan Beach. I was trying to give the guy a thumbs up, but he was too busy rocking out (no kidding, he was seriously getting down to his tunes... of course, I couldn't hear anything over my own excessively loud music).
)
Cool.. Look out for my Cypress Pearl (aka olive green) GS300 that I got last week.. I work near Frys in Manhattan Beach (I'm sure you know where that is).. I saw my first GS300 today over off of Aviation and Artesia this evening on the way home -- a black GS300.. Unfortunately they got a light ahead of me so....
Old 05-02-05, 11:17 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

I saw another one 2 days ago on campus this time. It was a GS300 in Cypress Green, and man is that color gross. Sorry for those who like green or bought that car in that color, but I truthfully was not liking it at all. Maybe it looks better with 18in wheels.
Old 05-03-05, 06:03 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
I saw another one 2 days ago on campus this time. It was a GS300 in Cypress Green, and man is that color gross. Sorry for those who like green or bought that car in that color, but I truthfully was not liking it at all. Maybe it looks better with 18in wheels.
They don't offer that color up here, so I won't get the chance to see one in person except during my visits to the US, but I think another shade of green, the Bamboo Pearl of the RX would look OK for the new GS.
Old 05-03-05, 08:27 AM
osx-addict
Driver

Default to each their own..

Originally Posted by magneto112
That's the color I've got.. I like it (obviously).. I was really after a car that had the tan interior instead of either black or gray, so that ruled out a fair amount of the vehicles.. I'm pleased, but if I see someone that looks like their going to barf when I go by, I'll keep you in mind..
Old 05-03-05, 08:29 AM
tmds
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by osx-addict
Cool.. Look out for my Cypress Pearl (aka olive green) GS300 that I got last week.. I work near Frys in Manhattan Beach (I'm sure you know where that is).. I saw my first GS300 today over off of Aviation and Artesia this evening on the way home -- a black GS300.. Unfortunately they got a light ahead of me so....
Excellent! Olive green, eh? I'll have to see it in person. Green does look better than most people give it credit for, but I am a little worried about the adjective, "olive." We're sure to cross paths if you're that nearby. If you see a tinted black M45 around that area, odds are good (at least for the time being) that it's my car. I haven't seen a single other black M. I've seen this one last-generation black M45 at least 4 times (no joke) around the Rosecrans-Sepulveda area. That is a strange-looking car, but I can see how it could be appealing to some.

Last week, I saw a black GS430. I must say, in my opinion, that is the best color on the GS... Of course, it's my favorite color on basically every car.

Quick Reply: My god!! New GS are everywhere............