Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

How do you buy from a dealer far away?

Old 04-03-05, 08:16 AM   #1
zub3qin
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default How do you buy from a dealer far away?

I have heard people talk about how they got a deal on a Lexus from a remote dealer (sometimes on the other side of the country.

How is this accomplished technically? In other words, once you know what you want, and you get an offer from some dealer, do they ship the car to your local dealer? Are there significant extra shipping costs?

How do you deal with loaners and service-- do you get a lesser level of "care" from your local Lexus dealer if you didn't purchase from them? Do they not give loaners in this instance?

Anyone successfully buy from a non-regional dealer? Downsides?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
zub3qin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-05, 11:32 AM   #2
DrDrilZ
Lead Lap

i just bought my last car from an out of town dealer. the 2 dealerships in atlanta could not locate the exact i wanted (they said there were only 7 cars on the east coast that matched my color choice) anyway, i made offers to these other dealers via email including the shipping costs. i saved way more money this way too as atl dealers would not budge off msrp. anyway, they shipped it directly to my house on a trailer on the weekend. i filled out some paperwork with the driver, gave him the check and that was it. all other correspondence was by email and faxes. it truly was a better experience than playing games at the dealership. dealers are more inclined to give you their bottom line via email as they know you are shopping around.
as far as dealer service, i guess that just depends on indivual dealers. i bought my previous lexus at hennessy lexus but had all my service done at nalley lexus in atlanta. and they always treated me first class. i got overnight loaners for even a basic oil change becuase i could never get into the dealrship before 6pm. you just have to develop a relationship with a certain service advisor. ymmv. but after all, thats what lexus is known for: service!!
DrDrilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-05, 02:52 PM   #3
gs400998
Lexus Test Driver

My GS4 was two states away. Since I had a trade-in, I drove it to the dealership and drove my GS home. My local Lexus service doesn't care where I purchas my Lexus because they want repeat customer.
Old 04-03-05, 06:39 PM   #4
kb2yza
Pole Position

Send a message via AIM to kb2yza

We have never purchase from the dealer we use for service since their sales help is useless and has a high turnover rate. However they are the nearest place for service and do an excellent job of it. Never had any trouble with loaners.
kb2yza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-05, 08:09 PM   #5
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

I bought mine used from a private party, still under warranty and my local Lex dealer treats me like I bought it from them brand new yesterday. Loaner as long as I need, free gas, & they warranty anything they can. It's all about having a good service rep that you get along with.

-------*GS430 Midnight Pine Pearl*------------------*1993 5.0 Coupe*------------
chuckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-05, 08:09 PM

Tags
awy, buy, buying, car, cars, carscom, cr, dealer, dealership, faraway, found, lexus, servi9ce, vehicle, vehicles