GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

UK - GS300 Colour/Choice pics? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-05, 01:01 AM
Alex K
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya know, I'm really beginning to dig that colour. I always throught it was pretty funky, but the more shots I see, the more I think it's gonna be something pretty hot on this car.

Andy (nortrack), what did you think when you saw the colour sample at the dealers?

And I'd love to get hold of a copy of that TV ad running schedule.

Alex
Old 04-14-05, 09:25 AM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a GS in this color on the way to work this morning. It looked really nice. I thought it looked somewhat similar to parchment crystal from a distance. I LOVE this color.
Old 04-14-05, 10:04 AM
winsalem
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Road Tar Spatters on Light Colored Cars

hey, i definitely love white or light colors like this "glacier frost"...your car interior stays a LOT cooler in summer sun, and they just seem brighter and more upbeat. alas, in north carolina where tar is used excessively on both the asphalt roads and to seal cracks on concrete highways, any such light color is hell and a heartbreak to deal with. [hmm, we are the tarheel state after all.]

the side rocker panels and rear underbelly of the car get coated with teeny little spatters of tar. happens to all cars, but highly visible and ugly on white/light colors.

my first lexus coupe was white, and i spent all my spare time on my knees cleaning tar bits. if i were driving and come upon a paving crew, and had an alternate route available, i'd drive miles around the mess, and even avoid that newly-paved road for weeks. i know that sounds extreme, and maybe i'm just a fanatic or a clean freak of some sort, but i hate seeing and cleaning that mess off a light-colored car. as much as i love white, i swore never again.

since the white lex, i've graduated to darker colors. yep, the tar spatters are probably there, but at least you don't see 'em. so if you haven't experienced white, or cream, or "glacier frost", i urge you to think about the above.

p.s. just remembered, there is a particular bird [unknown species] whose poop permanently stained my poor white SC coupe. i don't know what bird that is, but i would scrub and scrub and there would still be a yellow stain remaining. used to drive me nuts. never see such permanent stains on my darker cars, just the white one. had to get it detailed twice a year, and the detailer would rub out the stains (and also get some of the tar off the rocker panels that i had missed at some point). ok maybe i'm trippin', but i always figured the birds must see a white car and believe it's their personal toilet. or maybe they think it's water, and they like to swoop in and poop on water. yep i'm a clean freak, prob becuz i'm a virgo, but damn the poop problem. apologies to bird-lovers out there. like the song says "birds gotta poop, fish gotta fly", or something like that.
Old 04-14-05, 10:51 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow

How much is that red car in the backround

Last edited by GammaLex; 04-14-05 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-14-05, 11:17 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I wish the glacal blue was the same as the bentley blue. I saw one yesterday on 22".The color was amazing. I spotted it on the other side of the road coming towards me. It stuck out so much in the sun and had a slight ghange in color from a light blue to a deep blue.

Old 04-14-05, 01:01 PM
Xtrem
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not about the colors, but it's about the GS and it's options. I saw some pics of the European version, both 430 and 300, loaded, and just take a look at the centre consol and the cd-dvd unit. So i'm scared that no DVD option for us, Europeans, with the ML system.
As you can see, no DTS and those signs here, just the Mark Levinson

while on the US model: