GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2006 GS Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-05, 08:15 PM
highmiles
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Cingular Motorola hooked up with my GS430 on the first try. The only problem was that it would disconnect when I first tried to Transfer My Phonebook. I then realized that I had to send it from my phone once the Bluetooth disconnected.

I too found out that I had to send one entry at a time which wasn't a big deal for me but I can only imagine how time consuming it would be for some people.

I also haven't figured out how to enter a phone number manuallly into the Phonebook and was only able to enter them from my phone. Also I noticed that it listed all my Phonebook entries with last name first then first name assuming that my Phonebook included only first and last names. Unfortunately most of my Phonebook entries were company names so they are a bit mixed up until I can figure out how to edit my Phonebook.

GS430
Flint/Ash
Loaded
Chrome 5 Spoke
Old 03-02-05, 09:25 PM
frebay
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone know how to transfer calls when you turn off the car?

also, anyone know how to switch calls when you have another incoming call. right now, i have to find my phone and press "switch"
Old 03-03-05, 08:10 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by highmiles
I also haven't figured out how to enter a phone number manuallly into the Phonebook and was only able to enter them from my phone. Also I noticed that it listed all my Phonebook entries with last name first then first name assuming that my Phonebook included only first and last names. Unfortunately most of my Phonebook entries were company names so they are a bit mixed up until I can figure out how to edit my Phonebook.

GS430
Flint/Ash
Loaded
Chrome 5 Spoke
You cannot edit or add to the phone book manually. Kind of limited that way.
Old 03-03-05, 11:26 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Default Siemens SX66 Pocket PC Phone Seems to work

I don't have my GS yet, but I was by a different dealer (getting my GX serviced) and I tried pairing my phone and it worked immediately.

Prior to that an RX330 would says constantly Out of Range. But now the RX works fine too. Maybe there was a problem with my phone.
Old 03-03-05, 11:27 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by frebay
anyone know how to transfer calls when you turn off the car?

also, anyone know how to switch calls when you have another incoming call. right now, i have to find my phone and press "switch"
Your phone should have an option on it to turn off the headset (that's what they call it) mode and switch to the handset.
Old 03-03-05, 02:03 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mr Johnson
i605 Bluetooth failed to pair. I'll report it to Nextel and see if they change anything before GA.
All better! Able to pair, pass contact info and make actual calls!
Old 03-04-05, 11:39 AM
my06GS300
Rookie

Ferebay,
I have same experience. From IG-ON you can not go back to ACC, only to OFF.
This will discontinue your phone connection. I also did not figure out yet how to switch the “car phone” to “private” conversation via your cell phone. I guess, do not talk any private stuff when you have passengers in your car.
Old 03-12-05, 07:11 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by looknow12
I don't have my GS yet, but I was by a different dealer (getting my GX serviced) and I tried pairing my phone and it worked immediately.

Prior to that an RX330 would says constantly Out of Range. But now the RX works fine too. Maybe there was a problem with my phone.
Has anybody called Lexus Customer Service? I am having a horrible time trying to upload phonebook entires to the GS. I get the entry name but no phone number.

Next I'm gonna try to just upload the phone numbers using my Laptop (it has bluetooth). I don't think the vehicles system cares where you get the numbers from.
Old 03-12-05, 07:22 PM
highmiles
Pole Position

Originally Posted by looknow12
Has anybody called Lexus Customer Service? I am having a horrible time trying to upload phonebook entires to the GS. I get the entry name but no phone number.

Next I'm gonna try to just upload the phone numbers using my Laptop (it has bluetooth). I don't think the vehicles system cares where you get the numbers from.
It took a while but I noticed that when you hit the TRANDFER on the NAV the Bluetooth would disconnect. After a while I discovered that you then had to SEND it from your Phone to the NAV after NAV disconnected the Bluetooth. Bad News is that you have to do this ONE AT A TIME and repeat the process each time.

My service is Cingular on a Motorola V551.

Laptop is an interesting idea. Should work with any Bluetooth enabled device. Might even work on a laptop out of ACT! or Goldmine. Still don't know how to get around the one record at a time problem.

Last edited by highmiles; 03-12-05 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-31-05, 11:12 AM
als
Driver School Candidate

Default GS Bluetooth and Phones

Well I won't cry too much here but as said before Verizon is NOT the phone of choice if Bluetooth is in your future. I have the V710 (with Bluetooth) and the phone does not upload phonebook (No OBX), and it won't ring through the NAV. I found some V710 groups on the Net who said I should flash the firmware to the latest version (which I did) and the ring problem should be fixed....Uhhh not soooo....Also the "one" button dial feature does not work properly. You can enter a number from the received or dialed calls list and assign it to a number, but once you power the phone off, disconnect bluetooth, etc. the labels for the one touch dial go blank until you go back through the setup menu and exit. I was at the Cingular store today and you cannot get the ATT phones 6310i that Lexus recommends since ATT will not add new customers and cingular will not use ATT equipment. Since I saw the RAZR mentioned as working I thought I might try one and see if that will make me happy. I am open to Nextel or Cingular/ATT but Sprint and T Mobile do no have great coverage in my area.

Any other phone suggestions out there?
Old 03-31-05, 11:14 AM
als
Driver School Candidate

Default Using PC to upload Bluetooth

I had the same thoughts about using a laptop, the problem as I see it is how do you format the data? What would you use as the upload/connectino method? Pairing probably would not be a problem but get the data in compatable format might be harder.
Old 03-31-05, 11:33 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Question

yeah, i am noticing each day the little missing pieces of the bluetooth phone system.

i have a new nokia 6230 w/ cingular - fantastic phone, syncs great with the GS, but does not allow for whole phonebook transfer (just like highmiles); you must do one at a time!

i tried to be smart and get around this given i have tons of entries, and my husband too, so i transferred my chip to an old sony ericsson phone w/ BT and transferred the whole phonebook and it worked! so then i deleted the phone from the car's paired devices (since i will never use that phone anyway), thinking the entries would be there, but poof! - they were deleted the second i unpaired the ericsson phone . . . so i am guessing if you want to do this with a laptop or secondary phone, you must leave that unused phone/laptop on the paired devices list in order to see the phonebook entries (which is fine, given the system allows for 4 devices)

another gripe - is it just me, or does the system not "search" for the paired device. my phone is listed in there, and my husband's too. when i have been driving the car during the week, it syncs with me just fine, but when he drives it, it will not pair with his unless he switches manually on the settings screen. and then when i use the car later again, i have to switch back. is this really the case, or am i missing something. i don't see why it can't look for each paired device sequentially until it finds the phone (and select a default if two or more phones are in the car?)
Old 03-31-05, 11:51 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've never hooked up more than 1 phone so I'm not sure how that would work...perhaps deactivating the bluetooth on the 'default' or 'currently used phone' first, thus it says 'Bluetooth connection failed' then have your husband come in with his active phone, and it connects seamlessly?

As for the other case, where a phone number disappears during driving, why would you need phone numbers for 1-touch dial? The numbers go away so as to be not distracting.
Old 03-31-05, 12:05 PM
als
Driver School Candidate

The numbers going problem is that the icons "lose" the labels if you hit one of the buttions it will dial the number stored by you are shooting in the dark trying to remember which number you stored to which button. This is not an issue of the display going away but the data stored that shows the assisnged numbers.
Old 03-31-05, 01:36 PM
longjohn
Rookie

Default Another Bluetooth issue

Not sure if it's a Lexus shortcoming or a phone shortcoming.

I have Cingular/Sony Ericsson T616. The way my phone works, you could have an entry for a person with multiple phone numbers (home, work, mobile, etc). I am able to get it to upload the entire phone book in one shot, but only the first phone number for each entry. I played with it briefly and didn't see a quick solution. I will check again when I have more time.

Has anyone seen this issue? Any easy workarounds?

Quick Reply: 2006 GS Bluetooth