GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Full Line 2006 GS Brochure Out

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-05, 06:56 PM
JSS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Line 2006 GS Brochure Out

PU one tonight at local dealer Chicago. For those who were wondering the "new" teaser brochure that dealers had over the past few weeks which Bo-Kapp, Capetown on the cover (and which was really poorly designed) turns out to be the last 4 pages of the full line brochure. The page that had the awful color samples is replaced with the same format but with a page with real color chips.
Old 02-21-05, 06:58 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Yep we definitely covered the v.2 teaser brochure here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=151302
Old 02-21-05, 07:03 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default We received our Full Brochure in today

The new brochure gives the color combinations of the leather and wood directly below each paint chip. The Golden Birdseye Maple is too light and looks like the stain used in the ES, RX, and GX and LX. In the GS it's much darker and redder like the old walnut was. Besides some color correction on the interior shades the brochure is pretty accurate. It has a coastal highway on the cover and I want to go drive on that highway in a GS myself someday.
Old 02-21-05, 07:06 PM
JSS
Driver School Candidate

the front cover
Attached Thumbnails Full Line 2006 GS Brochure Out-img_0399.jpg  
Old 02-22-05, 09:18 AM
Lsportline43
Lead Lap

Can these brochures be ordered Via the internet? I would love to have one of these.
Old 02-22-05, 10:58 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Today is what seems to be the first day to get full brochures. Every dealr int he country should have one now.
Old 02-22-05, 11:05 AM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel so special: My dealer overnighted mine yesterday. Got it this morning! Drooling ever since! I may just get one........ (to be continued in another thread maybe)
Old 02-22-05, 02:17 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

I just picked mine up right now. The pictures are very nice and the overall theme is very unique and tasteful. The flint mica color chart shows it as almost the color of the graphite gray pearl. I held the chart up against the light and there were no blue or pink hues in it. It is a superb choice for this type of vehicle. Defnitely makes it look meaty and aggresive with an extremely BOLD precense.

Iv made up my choice. Now if i could jsut get two flint mica's with the ash and ebony interiors next to each other with the driver side door open to decide what interior i should get........

Can anyone help?
Old 02-22-05, 11:57 PM
BugattiT59
Rookie

Wink

Not with a picture, just an opinion.
Both my wife (who has an artistic eye) and myself thought the Black birds-eye maple was very dark and we could not make out any detail. Did not look nice.

We then sat in a black leather with red walnut and we both went "thats better".

Of course, to each their own.
Old 02-23-05, 08:04 AM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BugattiT59
Not with a picture, just an opinion.
Both my wife (who has an artistic eye) and myself thought the Black birds-eye maple was very dark and we could not make out any detail. Did not look nice.

We then sat in a black leather with red walnut and we both went "thats better".

Of course, to each their own.
I'm glad it wasn't just me. I've seen a few CL members raving about the ash/black wood, but I saw no detail at all in the black bird's eye maple. It reminded me of the black painted surfaces in the Mazda RX-8. The red walnut actually looked like wood!
Old 02-23-05, 08:17 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I'm glad it wasn't just me. I've seen a few CL members raving about the ash/black wood, but I saw no detail at all in the black bird's eye maple. It reminded me of the black painted surfaces in the Mazda RX-8. The red walnut actually looked like wood!
I agree, that's why I'm not fond of black wood trim. Wood trim shouldn't be so dark as to hide the wood grain & pattern, I think we have similar taste here.
Old 02-23-05, 03:20 PM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

Picked up the new brochure this afternoon. Very nice and glossy with an appropriate amount of detail. I didn't understand the "puddle lights" mentioned in another post, now I see (literally ) Their description of the lighting sequence was neat and when you turned the page, all the printing was backward, (a see through page).

I was surprised how similar in style it was to the '94 GS brochure I've got. I like consistancy and evolution; both traits of the Lexus and good for re-sale in the long run.

They had a couple of shots with the Blue Onyx.
Old 02-23-05, 03:51 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

There were two incredibly hot shots of the GS in the brochure. The second best shot was of the flint mica - it was on the left page of the brochure and u cud see like half of the front. That was more of the graphtie gray color - totally HOT!

But the best shot of the car was in fact a very small picture. It was on the right page of the brochure of a blue metallic one. OMG the car is shining and glossed so well it makes it look perfect on the sloped downard driveway of that house. I think that is the best shot of the car i have seen to date. It looks so good words cant describe it.
Old 02-23-05, 05:21 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Default Magnificent, draw-dropping, peace-bringing, amazingly futuristic...

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
There were two incredibly hot shots of the GS in the brochure. The second best shot was of the flint mica - it was on the left page of the brochure and u cud see like half of the front. That was more of the graphtie gray color - totally HOT!

But the best shot of the car was in fact a very small picture. It was on the right page of the brochure of a blue metallic one. OMG the car is shining and glossed so well it makes it look perfect on the sloped downard driveway of that house. I think that is the best shot of the car i have seen to date. It looks so good words cant describe it.
Try: Magnificent, draw-dropping, peace-bringing, amazingly futuristic, ....
arresting, august, brilliant, chivalric, commanding, elegant, elevated, exalted, excellent, fine, glittering, gorgeous, grand, grandiose, high-minded, imperial, imposing, impressive, lavish, lofty, lordly, luxurious, magnanimous, magnific, majestic, noble, opulent, outstanding, palatial, plush, pompous, posh, princely, proud, radiant, regal, resplendent, rich, royal, smashing, splendid, standout, stately, striking, sublime, sumptuous, superb, superior, superlative, swanky, towering, transcendent

Yeah!
Old 02-23-05, 05:24 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JHStrange
Picked up the new brochure this afternoon. Very nice and glossy with an appropriate amount of detail. I didn't understand the "puddle lights" mentioned in another post, now I see (literally ) Their description of the lighting sequence was neat and when you turned the page, all the printing was backward, (a see through page).

I was surprised how similar in style it was to the '94 GS brochure I've got. I like consistancy and evolution; both traits of the Lexus and good for re-sale in the long run.

They had a couple of shots with the Blue Onyx.
Are these the puddle lights? (that purple glow was wicked!)

Quick Reply: Full Line 2006 GS Brochure Out