GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

3gs 2006+ Gs 300/350/430/460/450h Official ROLLCALL/Welcome Thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-05, 10:07 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by azmike
Yes, I think they are basically the same. Sirius is $3.00 more per month, it has NFL, NBA, Stern (I think he costs extra though--if anyone is interested), a little different line-up of music but to me not much difference if you compare music side by side. I like college basketball, Major League baseball, could care less about Stern and like paying less. So XM works for me. But you will enjoy it either way. I know XM is available now. Sirius is supposed to be available later.
XM is raising their prices to the same as Sirius, $12.95 a month, however you get online listening and 1 pay channel included now.
Old 03-09-05, 02:47 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TMaxxTim
XM is raising their prices to the same as Sirius, $12.95 a month, however you get online listening and 1 pay channel included now.
Sirius gives you online listening and has always included all channels (there weren't any pay channels before). The only pay channel through XM is Playboy and I thought listening to it would be cool, but its not, it's boring. Without the hot chicks to see, you'll lose interest real quickly.

I no longer subscribe to XM, now I subscribe to Sirius.
Old 03-09-05, 11:28 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by DrComputer
Just came home from Longo Lexus where I picked up my new Quartz Shadow GS430 from Elizabeth. Now I get to go in the garage and program everything and play with all the toys
Great choice! Welcome to the club!
Old 03-10-05, 09:32 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DrComputer
Just came home from Longo Lexus where I picked up my new Quartz Shadow GS430 from Elizabeth. Now I get to go in the garage and program everything and play with all the toys
Congrats!!

Wow, considering the price of this car and people "saying": its not for enthusiasts, we have quite a few new owners here, GS 300 and GS 430!! Welcome and congrats to all!

ROLLCALL!!!!
Old 03-10-05, 10:02 AM
Xtrem
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi and congrats to all the lucky GS owners!
I'm from Hungary, and i cannot wait to see this beauty in real, but for that we europeans have to wait a little more. I know that in England the GS will be on sale from the 15th of April, sadly no news from the hungarian sales. Maybe in June-July...
I would like to ask some questions about the GS:
From the pictures the Cashmere interior looks great, but how do they "survive" bad weather conditions and wear? Sorry for my English, i hope you can understand what i want to know...
And is it true that you can view DVD-s even if not ordering Nav, or you need that option too?
And how about the vented seats and the rear view camera? How does it work in bad weather conditions?
Old 03-10-05, 10:04 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

ClubLexus is truely International! Welcome if I haven't greeted you already.
Old 03-10-05, 10:23 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Xtrem
Hi and congrats to all the lucky GS owners!
I'm from Hungary, and i cannot wait to see this beauty in real, but for that we europeans have to wait a little more. I know that in England the GS will be on sale from the 15th of April, sadly no news from the hungarian sales. Maybe in June-July...
I would like to ask some questions about the GS:
From the pictures the Cashmere interior looks great, but how do they "survive" bad weather conditions and wear? Sorry for my English, i hope you can understand what i want to know...
And is it true that you can view DVD-s even if not ordering Nav, or you need that option too?
And how about the vented seats and the rear view camera? How does it work in bad weather conditions?
Hi there!! Your english is fine. I couldn't begin to speak in Hungarian!
1. Lexus interiors hold up very well over time, especially if you take care of the leather with cleaners and treatment. Lexus goes through an extensive process testing the leather to ensure its durability over time. It will not have the usual German smell to its leather, they cure that out.
2. Good question, Flip Rock can we view DVDs on the non-nav screen? I think you have to have NAV to have this feature.
3. Heated front seats
- Available ventilated front seats with multistage fans
Owners have told us they can feel the ventilated seats working. I am not sure of the rear view camera in bad weather but I assume once the lens stays clear/clean, it should be fine.
Old 03-10-05, 03:50 PM
YL06GS
Driver

As to the back-up camera-During heavy rain in California it worked great. Even with rain drops on it I could still see out.

I have been very surprised how well it works. When I get in my other car without it, I miss it.
Old 03-11-05, 03:00 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

The Backup Camera appears more clear than in my GX470 and RX330. At least it seems that way.
Old 03-12-05, 01:56 AM
Xtrem
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the welcome and the informations too!
Here sadly Lexus is not a very popular brand, and i think this is thanks to the high prices they ask here for a Lexus. For example, here it's still on sale the old GS300, and the loaded version costs 15,9 million HUF, which at today's exchange rate would mean that you would have to pay approx. 88035 USD for it!!! And people who can spend so much money for a car, they think that by choosing a Bimmer or an Audi, they made the right decision...
Huge taxes for the cars which are not made in the European Union, and many other nice things make this great brand a very rare piece on the roads. But even with this, Lexus sold 60 cars in the period of 2004 Jan-July. I know it's not a huge number, and that some dealers in the US maybe sell this amount in a single day, but at least it's something.
And other thing is, that we can only choose from the LS, GS, RX and the IS (with a 2 litre 150 BHP version), and the other beauties would only come here by special order, but then you have to pay even for the shipping.
So it's really difficult, and we only have one dealer in the country, and even they are "fresh" as they only started sales in spring, 2003.
I think the biggest trouble was all the time that there were no diesel engines, but with the new IS maybe something will start here.
For example, here you have to pay for one litre of premium unleaded fuel approx. 1,38 USD, so it's not so difficult to figure out why diesel engines are so popular in Europe.
We don't even have a Lexus owner's club, but of Toyota we have one. I'm also a pround member of it, and if somebody is interested, just visit the www.toyotaclub.hu page.
Thanks again for the answers, and nice meeting everyone here. I hope soon i also will be able to experience the luxury of this beauty.
Old 03-12-05, 06:33 PM
JZS147
Driver

1. Model 430
2. RWD
3. white
4. 18s
5. Spoiler
6. ash Interior
7. Picking up my car on Tuesday or Wednsday as a b-day gift from myself
8. No pics yet since I don't have the car yet...

Last edited by JZS147; 03-12-05 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-12-05, 08:38 PM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

congrats!
take lots of pics!
Old 03-13-05, 05:59 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Xtrem
Thanks for the welcome and the informations too!
Here sadly Lexus is not a very popular brand, and i think this is thanks to the high prices they ask here for a Lexus. For example, here it's still on sale the old GS300, and the loaded version costs 15,9 million HUF, which at today's exchange rate would mean that you would have to pay approx. 88035 USD for it!!! And people who can spend so much money for a car, they think that by choosing a Bimmer or an Audi, they made the right decision...
Huge taxes for the cars which are not made in the European Union, and many other nice things make this great brand a very rare piece on the roads. But even with this, Lexus sold 60 cars in the period of 2004 Jan-July. I know it's not a huge number, and that some dealers in the US maybe sell this amount in a single day, but at least it's something.
And other thing is, that we can only choose from the LS, GS, RX and the IS (with a 2 litre 150 BHP version), and the other beauties would only come here by special order, but then you have to pay even for the shipping.
So it's really difficult, and we only have one dealer in the country, and even they are "fresh" as they only started sales in spring, 2003.
I think the biggest trouble was all the time that there were no diesel engines, but with the new IS maybe something will start here.
For example, here you have to pay for one litre of premium unleaded fuel approx. 1,38 USD, so it's not so difficult to figure out why diesel engines are so popular in Europe.
We don't even have a Lexus owner's club, but of Toyota we have one. I'm also a pround member of it, and if somebody is interested, just visit the www.toyotaclub.hu page.
Thanks again for the answers, and nice meeting everyone here. I hope soon i also will be able to experience the luxury of this beauty.
Your profile does not mention the country. Are you from Hungary?
Old 03-14-05, 07:48 AM
owm
Driver School Candidate

Hi!

Guess I may be the first user to post from Sunny Singapore in this thread:

1. GS 300
2. RWD
3. Glacier Frost Mica
4. 17in factory eight spoke(?)
5. No spoiler
6. Ash/blackwood
7. This is a family/business car used by my parents and me. Previously owned x2 GS300 (2000
to 2005)
Options - standard
8. Not available yet till end May

Anybody know if all GS models come with VDIM and which module is necessary for PCS as it is not mentioned in the equipment list link above?
Old 03-14-05, 08:29 AM
Xtrem
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by looknow12
Your profile does not mention the country. Are you from Hungary?
Yes, i am. I updated my profile a little. I do not own a Lexus, but i hope this will change soon.
Now i use a Toyota Avensis SE.

Quick Reply: 3gs 2006+ Gs 300/350/430/460/450h Official ROLLCALL/Welcome Thread!!!