GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

06 Teaser Brochure v.2

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-05, 01:39 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Default 06 Teaser Brochure v.2

I received a supplemental brochure from Elizabeth @ Longo Lexus tonight. It actually looks like the last 4 pages of the actual full brochure that has yet to be printed/completed by Lexus USA.

Outside Cover:
Nice photo of a new GS in Bo-Kaap, Cape Town

Page 1:
  • Options & Accessories that you can add from your Lexus dealer including photos of the 18" Tourmaline and G-Spider Wheels.
  • Standard Luxury Features
  • Available Luxury Features

Page 2:
  • GS430/300 Engine
  • Body, Dimensions
  • Performance #'s
  • Chassis: VSC, VDIM, Suspension, Steering

Page 3:
  • Drivetrain
  • Standard Safety & Security Features
  • Available Safety & Security Features
  • Chassis: Brakes/Wheels Tires

Page 4:

Exterior Colors:
  • Glacier Frost - Ash, Black
  • Flint Mica - Ash, Black
  • Mercury Metallic - Ash, Black
  • Blue Onyx Pearl - Cashmere, Ash, Black
  • Quartz Shadow Metallic - Cashmere, Ash, Black
  • Matador Red Mica - Cashmere, Ash, Black
  • Chardonnay Pearl - Cashmere
  • Cypress Pearl - Cashmere
  • Crystal White - Cashmere, Ash, Black
  • Black Onyx - Cashmere, Ash, Black

Interior Colors:
  • Cashmere Leather w/Perforated Inserts
  • Ash Leather w/Perforated Inserts
  • Black Leather w/Perforated Inserts

Wood Trim:
  • Golden Bird's Eye Maple - Cashmere Leather
  • Black Bird's Eye Maple - Ash Leather
  • Red Walnut - Black Leather

Last edited by flipside909; 02-16-05 at 01:58 AM.
Old 02-16-05, 09:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

damn sounds interesting, i wonder when i am going to get my copy
Old 02-16-05, 09:23 AM
LexFather

YOU CAN GET WHITE WITH BLACK LEATHER!!!!
Exterior Colors:

* Glacier Frost - Ash, Black
* Flint Mica - Ash, Black
* Mercury Metallic - Ash, Black
* Blue Onyx Pearl - Cashmere, Ash, Black
* Quartz Shadow Metallic - Cashmere, Ash, Black
* Matador Red Mica - Cashmere, Ash, Black
* Chardonnay Pearl - Cashmere
* Cypress Pearl - Cashmere
* Crystal White - Cashmere, Ash, Black
* Black Onyx - Cashmere, Ash, Black
Old 02-16-05, 09:32 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
YOU CAN GET WHITE WITH BLACK LEATHER!!!!
LOL! Serious! That will definitely be one of my top choices as well.
Old 02-16-05, 09:52 AM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanna see how these 4 combos would look each side by side next to one another....

black onyx with black interior
black onyx with ash interoior
flitn mica with ash interior
flitn mica with black interior
mercury mettalic with ash interior
Old 02-16-05, 10:20 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by akbergq
I wanna see how these 4 combos would look each side by side next to one another....

black onyx with black interior
black onyx with ash interoior
flitn mica with ash interior
flitn mica with black interior
mercury mettalic with ash interior
They had those combos at Longo last night. I'm starting to favor the black on black interior more...despite the fact I like the Black Bird's Eye Maple.
Old 02-16-05, 11:20 AM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Yah i hate not living in california.... by the volume dealer - Longo. Its almsot guaranteed theyll have every color combo available on the GS's. Its better to make a selection when you have all the cars in one place and can judge for yourself. I sent my brother there today to look at the color combos - he works for a mercedes dealership about 15 minutes from Longo. and he was even saying - that the new GS kicks the **** out of the E class, in terms of value (pricing of the new GS), style, amenities, luxury-especiall...LOL. Hes gonna go test drive it today and give his opinion on the pros and cons of the car, although he said he probably wont find a single con with it from the reviews and the talk people have had about the car at his dealership and other places in cali.
Old 02-16-05, 11:51 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by akbergq
Yah i hate not living in california.... by the volume dealer - Longo. Its almsot guaranteed theyll have every color combo available on the GS's. Its better to make a selection when you have all the cars in one place and can judge for yourself. I sent my brother there today to look at the color combos - he works for a mercedes dealership about 15 minutes from Longo. and he was even saying - that the new GS kicks the **** out of the E class, in terms of value (pricing of the new GS), style, amenities, luxury-especiall...LOL. Hes gonna go test drive it today and give his opinion on the pros and cons of the car, although he said he probably wont find a single con with it from the reviews and the talk people have had about the car at his dealership and other places in cali.
15 mins from Longo? Does he work at Penske Motorcars?
Old 02-17-05, 06:37 AM
marcpitch
Driver

Default Desktop Publishing?

I just got the new GS "bridge-brochure," bridging the teaser and the full brochure and it looks like it was produced on a MAC computer. The cover pic is beautiful, but the quality leaves so much to be desired. I think somebody dropped the ball here.

First, why isn't the full brochure out now? This brochure seems to be a band-aid on a problem with the full brochure. Check out the quality of color swatches in back....none look too much like the real colors. I come from a marketing and sales background, so I know a little about this.

Can't wait for all the kool-aid drinkers to tell me how you can't drive the brochure. Look at advertising budgets for these cars and you will see that the brochure is pertinent.

Come 'n' get me.
Old 02-17-05, 08:57 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by marcpitch

First, why isn't the full brochure out now? This brochure seems to be a band-aid on a problem with the full brochure. Check out the quality of color swatches in back....none look too much like the real colors. I come from a marketing and sales background, so I know a little about this.
Well I can help answer your first question. Remember the official release date of the new GS? March 1st. Expect that first batch of full brochures to be out by then or shortly after. We're less than 2 weeks away from it. Since this is a "teaser" brochure, you will see better color swatches of the colors. It's been a Lexus trademark since 1990 to put actual painted swatches or simulated color swatches at the back of each brochure. If you are from a marketing & sales background, you should have known of this preliminary release info.
Old 02-17-05, 09:32 AM
marcpitch
Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
Well I can help answer your first question. Remember the official release date of the new GS? March 1st. Expect that first batch of full brochures to be out by then or shortly after. We're less than 2 weeks away from it. Since this is a "teaser" brochure, you will see better color swatches of the colors. It's been a Lexus trademark since 1990 to put actual painted swatches or simulated color swatches at the back of each brochure. If you are from a marketing & sales background, you should have known of this preliminary release info.
Lexus already had teaser for GS - this is second teaser. Infiniti M release date is 2/28/05; full and gorgeous brochure distributed 7-10 days ago with one teaser a while back. Is it a Lexus tradition to have 2 teaser brochures and one coming out 2 weeks before the full one? If it is, why the cost cutting desktop job for a $50k car? Since I am from a sales and marketing background, I would love to know
Old 02-17-05, 09:52 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by marcpitch
Lexus already had teaser for GS - this is second teaser. Infiniti M release date is 2/28/05; full and gorgeous brochure distributed 7-10 days ago with one teaser a while back. Is it a Lexus tradition to have 2 teaser brochures and one coming out 2 weeks before the full one? If it is, why the cost cutting desktop job for a $50k car? Since I am from a sales and marketing background, I would love to know
Granted the release date of the new GS is March 1 which is 12 days from now, it will be coming. Lexus likes to throw out surprises and they are doing a great job of this. It's not a matter of cost cutting, it's having the info available as it's printed. Yes that brochure looks half arsed in our eyes, but it is a supplemental brochure. Nothing more. I'm pretty sure you will see a full release brochure pretty soon, in the usual Toyota/Lexus tradition, the brochures come out the day of or sometimes a few days after it's intial release. Remember the Gen 2 before it came out? Team One did a great job with "Something Wicked This Way Comes". I honestly couldn't tell you why they haven't worked something up in terms of a new catch phrase or slogan. Ask Team One or their parent company Saatchi & Saatchi.