GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Flint mica/ black interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-05, 04:47 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flint mica/ black interior

Pix of flitn mica with black interior at local area dealer...arivved today - demo car for test driving....

In the beginning before seeing the flint mica on this car, i thought the flitn mica would HOT with ash interior....until when i went in and saw this with black....

to be hoenst i think the black would look better with this color. Its not reall black - its more of a very dark charcoal - gray....its more of a real dark gray - especially when the light hits the leather as u can see with the last picture....id have to say this was a truly spectacle to see

AB****ELY GORGEOUS!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Flint mica/ black interior-000_0496.jpg  
Old 02-14-05, 04:48 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Attached Thumbnails Flint mica/ black interior-000_0497.jpg  
Old 02-14-05, 04:48 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Attached Thumbnails Flint mica/ black interior-000_0499.jpg  
Old 02-14-05, 04:49 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Attached Thumbnails Flint mica/ black interior-000_0500.jpg  
Old 02-14-05, 04:50 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Attached Thumbnails Flint mica/ black interior-000_0501.jpg  
Old 02-14-05, 04:51 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Attached Thumbnails Flint mica/ black interior-000_0502.jpg  
Old 02-14-05, 04:52 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Attached Thumbnails Flint mica/ black interior-000_0503.jpg  
Old 02-14-05, 04:54 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Attached Thumbnails Flint mica/ black interior-000_0504.jpg  
Old 02-14-05, 07:34 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

Thanks for the pics, too bad the sun was producing so much glare. I like this color, in fact I'm definately getting the black wood with either black leather or grey leather. The outside either Flint Mica or light Silver. But definately black wood.

For some reason the steering wheel looks big to me, maybe cause I'm so use to the sporty smaller steering wheel on my SC400. I don't like a huge steering wheel.
Old 02-14-05, 09:09 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

if u want the blackwood u will have to settle for the ash (light gray leather)...it only comes with that color interior as standard. If u get the black leather...like this picture (and in my opinion it is really a dark dark gray color instead of a true black), u will get the dark cherry wood as seen in the picture.

id really like the black wood with thjis color leather seats but its not offered. however i agree...and if u saw it in person - u would too...this car looked PERFECT witht he combination. i think this combination definitely ROCKS!
Old 02-14-05, 09:20 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by akbergq

id really like the black wood with thjis color leather seats but its not offered. :

man it sucks how they do that. if u going to spend this much on a car they should let u do whatever color combo u want.
Old 02-15-05, 03:33 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Im sure they based their decisions on what color wood goes with what color interior thru research as what ppl in the past have liked, etc and also what combinations suit the colors accordingly. Although black interior makes sense with black wood to us as a possible combination, it was a combination they figured that in the eyes of the audience- would not appeal to most of the crowd. (i know it sounds stupid...and believe me i would have liked that as well) Hence the ash light color gray interior was assigned with birds eye black maple wood as they decided it would go well with it. And the same for other color wood/leather designations.
Old 02-16-05, 08:22 AM
Fallsgrove
Driver School Candidate

Smile Flint Mica / Black Interior

This is going to be either the 1st or 2nd choice. Silver is normally the #1 choice , but the Flint Mica is a new color and once people actually see it I think their going to be drooling. I picked this color when I first put down the deposit, and it seems while I'm down on the list #18 chronologically, I'm the only one the list with the Flint Mica/Black, combo. Unfortunately it seems that none are in the first shipments, so I'll have to wait.

2006 GS 300 AWD
Flint Mica w/Black Interior
Mark Levenson w/Nav
18" Wheels (Still trying to determine the best looking caps)
Parking Assist
Sun Roof (I think this is standard)
Spoiler (Although this is a very weak spoiler, $300 MSRP and its puny)
XM or Sirius Sat Radio (**)

(**) There is a thread on this. I can't get this installed until they come up with a new mounting option inside the windshield, right now it sits on the trunk and really detracts from the car)

Also the lack of OnStar or similar service built-in is a little bothersome. Almost all of the high end cars have this built-in.
Old 02-16-05, 08:31 AM
akbergq
Lead Lap

This demo car i saw at the dealership had everything except the spoler and ML/NAV. i dont htink it had the XM or sirius radio installed either. This car looked FABULOUS! I want to see hwo it would look with the flitn mica and ash interior. AHHHH soo many good choices. I foudn out that with black onyx they are offering ash interior as well....AHHHH THAT would look really good too....damm lexus always gives everythign to its customers - more choices and too hard to decide..lol

i think this new GS looks a lot better than the spoiler. Either way you cant go wrong. Im goign to trade my new GS in since i chose mercury mettalic and get the flitn mica instead from another dealership. I hope they will just even exchange withouht me paying anythign extra out of pocket if they do have the exact same vehicle in stock.

But for now...i think the flint mica with black interior is defnitely a winner
Old 02-16-05, 02:04 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fallsgrove
This is going to be either the 1st or 2nd choice. Silver is normally the #1 choice , but the Flint Mica is a new color and once people actually see it I think their going to be drooling. .
Is the GS Flint Mica the same Flint Mica that came on the 2004 RX330's? If it is, I agree, it is a nice color.

Quick Reply: Flint mica/ black interior