GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Autoblog likes new GS

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-05, 06:21 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 366 Likes on 255 Posts
Default Autoblog likes new GS

http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000257031196/

"This is by far the nicest looking Lexus sedan since the brand debuted. The lines are very smooth and masculine. Inside I found the design even more appealing. The doors have a very cool wedge of leather leading into the window controls."

Please donate to the Jonathan-needs-a-3rd-gen fund.
PayPal donations may be sent here:
Thank you.

Last edited by jonathancl; 07-14-18 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-10-05, 06:34 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by jonathancl
http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000257031196/

"This is by far the nicest looking Lexus sedan since the brand debuted. The lines are very smooth and masculine. Inside I found the design even more appealing. The doors have a very cool wedge of leather leading into the window controls."

Please donate to the Jonathan-needs-a-3rd-gen fund.
PayPal donations may be sent here: jonathan@butz.us.

Thank you.
Thanks for the review

In Chicago I got to actually get all up in the new Lexus GS. The dark grey model on the floor was super sexy. This is by far the nicest looking Lexus sedan since the brand debuted. The lines are very smooth and masculine. Inside I found the design even more appealing. The doors have a very cool wedge of leather leading into the window controls. The tach could be a little nicer (the images of them didn’t turn out) and the area around the shifter seemed a bit plain, but otherwise the interior was very luxurious. Even the interior lighting had pinpoint effects. If I was shopping in this class and had to make a call between the Infiniti M, Acura RL, Audi A6, BMW 5 and this Lexus GS I’d have a tough time. Click below for more images.
Old 02-10-05, 06:35 PM
LexFather

That is the first time I've seen the beige and darkwood together. That looks sensational, goodness that looks sporty. That is one beige interior I could rock. And that color, incredible color.
Old 02-10-05, 06:46 PM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/ima...13341105711992
cool lighting
Old 02-10-05, 06:50 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
That is the first time I've seen the beige and darkwood together. That looks sensational, goodness that looks sporty. That is one beige interior I could rock. And that color, incredible color.
I noticed that too (the beige with the darkwood). I could have sworn that the brochure gave the impression that the darkwood/blackwood was only available with the gray/charcoal interior like in this pic from the brochure.

Or maybe the pics from AutoBlog are deceiving us. Maybe someone has more new info.
Old 02-10-05, 06:55 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Sam Khoury
I noticed that too (the beige with the darkwood). I could have sworn that the brochure gave the impression that the darkwood/blackwood was only available with the gray/charcoal interior like in this pic from the brochure.

Or maybe the pics from AutoBlog are deceiving us. Maybe someone has more new info.
I agree with you. Maybe u can choose the wood with any color? That would be great.
Old 02-10-05, 07:35 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love that Nike swoosh wood piece!
Old 02-10-05, 07:44 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

No the wood is based on the interior color.... gray with black wood.... tan with brown wood ...and black with cherry.. but u guys are right - this vehicle looks SENSATIONAL ...DAMM!!!!! is that color the cypress pearl??? man whatever color that is - is incredibly beautiful...i think it looks better than the silver now... AHHHHHHH maybe the lighting is making us think it is black wood. right flip???
Old 02-10-05, 07:45 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

sorry..i meant the lighting is making us think that the interior color is tan....it must be ash - but looks tan in this picture.
Old 02-10-05, 08:05 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

No it in fact is the lighting - it makes it look tan guys. By the way, he said he set this dark gray GS up.... he set this up in chicago...so its at the auto show there???? When i went on the live webcam - i dont see the flint mica GS...all i see is the silver one.

Im having second thoughts about the silver one i ordered I like the flint mica now A LOT after seeing this pic...i did go to see it on the RX400 as flip pointed out and it looks really good on it..but for some reason i couldnt picture it right on the GS - i know i was a complete MORON....

Im sure the mercury metallic will look awesome too, just hope its nicer looking than the flitn mica I hope Im right.
Old 02-10-05, 08:23 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
It's actually Flint Mica w/Ash interior. The auditorium lighting and the color balance on the camera those pics were taken are way off...which makes the ash interior look beige.

Anyone notice the aftermarket Weather-Tech mats in there?
Old 02-10-05, 08:41 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The lighting is way too off!

That Flint Mica looks like Cypress pearl. If Cypress pearl is going to look that hot I think I already have my new favorite combo
Old 02-10-05, 09:10 PM
flossn
Lead Lap

Looks good!! I have a feeling a lot of people would like to see black with blackwood.

BTW, am I the only one that's sick of all this "BLOG" stuff already. It is just gaining ground and already I can't stand it
Old 02-11-05, 06:09 AM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Can anyone tell me if this car at the chicago auto show or photographed from some other event? If it is from chicago auto show...i cant see it on live webcam.
Old 02-11-05, 06:12 AM
akbergq
Lead Lap

flossn....black with blackwood (aka birds eye black maple wood) is not going to be offered. The wood steering and shifter is only avaialable in 3 different colors and all three colors are only available with their respective interior colors. gray/charcoal iinterior gives you black wood.....beige interior gives you brown wood - and black interior gives you cherry - dark red wood.

But yes - if it was offered..i think everyonie would like to see black interior with the black wood.