GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

1st in Line for the new GS in Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-05, 05:14 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1st in Line for the new GS in Virginia

I just spoke to my dealer and apparently I put my pre-order in way before others, so he told me I'm first in line.

Problem is I'm no longer in the market for a GS with a kid on the way

Do you think something like this can be auctioned on eBay?
Old 02-01-05, 07:50 AM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definatly you can auction it as the only 2006 gs on ebay people will jump on that.. And start it low but make sure the reserve is about 1000 more then the msrp(of yors not base) so if you do sell it the least you can make is 1000. But i think people will jump on it and fight for the bids but you never know. I would try it and see what happens
Old 02-01-05, 07:58 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

I cannot auction the vehicle, because I don't know what the color, options, etc will be yet. I can only auction the position.

Do you still think it will be sellable?
Old 02-01-05, 08:00 AM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Um yeah..lol i have a guy who wanted to pay me 3000 dollars for my position in line, only because he was told he was way too far down in the list and would not be able to get one in houston for at least 4-5 months. i turned it down.

I WANT THE CAR NOW...lol
Old 02-01-05, 09:48 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by looknow12
I just spoke to my dealer and apparently I put my pre-order in way before others, so he told me I'm first in line.

Problem is I'm no longer in the market for a GS with a kid on the way

Do you think something like this can be auctioned on eBay?
FYI, some dealerships will not honor that because the car is reserved in your name. You usually forfeit your spot if you e-bay it.
Old 02-01-05, 02:02 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

I just got back from my dealership and was told this: they r getting the car for delivery in FEBRUARY 2005!!!! THAT’S RIGHT…IN THIS MONTH IN A FEW WEEKS!!!! Heres what my salesman confirmed for me:

“We r getting two shipments of the new GS….one allocation is coming mid february to the end of third week. The next shipment is between the 20th and end of February. The total number of cars we are getting is 12. 6 in each shipment. What car and with what options are u looking for?”

I said”: “Im looking for a RWD base GS300 with no package or options….mercury metallic with ash interior and black wood on steering and shifter.

He told me.. “all cars we are getting will have the premium package at the very least…you can custom order the car if u want but lexus will not do one right now for three months…after three months – u can order the car u want..which is 42,900 and get that…and then it wud take 3 months for it to come…so u r looking at 6 months from today”

I said “…No I don’t want to wait 6 months”

He said hes getting 2 mercury metallic cars with the premium package and ash interior with black wood on shifter and steering ..one ine ach of their February allocations…the first one is already sold – to the guy who was like 2nd in line on the list…the other mercury metallic is coming end of February..so he said I can either wait for that or get another car.

I said my second color choice is flint mica with ash interior and black wood with premium package..he said he has one coming in the first allocation and one in the second..so I told him I’m open to that as an option.

He said they r one of the very few dealerships that will have any new GS In February for DELIVERY. And he said I was one of the very few lucky ones to be so high up in the list to get one. Im 15th by the way…andhe told me that some people that are ahead of me decided not to purchase so that’s why I got moved up higher. =)
Old 02-01-05, 02:47 PM
BugattiT59
Rookie

Cool

Now thats getting exciting.
I look forward to your comments if you end up getting it in Feb. I suspect you may even post a couple of photo's

Q. Was price going to be flat MSRP?

BTW, are you going to stick with the stock GS300 wheels?
Old 02-01-05, 02:54 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Yeah...they said MSRP is the price of the car...he said no where will you be able to find anythign below MSRP...unless you have VERY VERY VERY CLOSE dealer relations somewhere...and even so he wont give you more than 500-1000 dollars off the MSRP whiich will still take the car to pretty much the same ballpark figure after taxes and fees n what not.

To be hoenst bro, i want tog et the 18in wheels that are standard on the GS430....they are optional on the RWD on the GS300....but i dont think i want to dish out the extra cash...i didnt get a price quote from him on how much it woudl cost to get the 18s put in. If its like 400-500 bucks, I will do it..if its in the thousands - im not gonna bother.

Im tryign to keep my cost down as much as possible =)

Im guaranteeing you the cars will be in this dealership in 2 weeks. They are getting one in a week and a half only for demo purposes and test driving purposes.
Old 02-01-05, 03:14 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by akbergq

Im guaranteeing you the cars will be in this dealership in 2 weeks. They are getting one in a week and a half only for demo purposes and test driving purposes.
Akber is right, most dealerships will get their first car or cars middle of this month. The cars wont be available for sale until March 1st.
Old 02-01-05, 05:32 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Flip, are you sure about not having it available for sale till march 1st????? i specifically asked my dealer today this question....

"will ppl be able to take DELIVERY of the cars alotted to your dealership this month as the cars arrive this month???????"

His answer was "yes"

so that must mean delivery will be in february, then. at least thats what my dealer told me today. Do u think hes pulling a fast one for some reason?
Old 02-01-05, 07:40 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

I did it. It's posted for sale on eBay. I cannot post the link as it violates forum rules, but finding it should be hard.
Old 02-01-05, 07:48 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

i cant find ur listing
Old 02-01-05, 07:52 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Flip, are you sure about not having it available for sale till march 1st????? i specifically asked my dealer today this question....

"will ppl be able to take DELIVERY of the cars alotted to your dealership this month as the cars arrive this month???????"

His answer was "yes"

so that must mean delivery will be in february, then. at least thats what my dealer told me today. Do u think hes pulling a fast one for some reason?
All dealers are getting their cars on Feb 14th, but Lexus "locks" the vin number somehow so we can't report it as "sold". So this means on Feb 14th you will be able to look at, sit in, and test drive in your new GS, but you cannot take it home until March 1st.
Old 02-01-05, 08:08 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

His answer was "yes"

Yes i'm sure. Your salesperson doesn't know much. And yes he's pulling a fast one because 1) it's his sale 2) He doesn't have a clue so he'll tell you anything to buy it.
Old 02-02-05, 06:01 AM
biker
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flipside909
Yes i'm sure. Your salesperson doesn't know much. And yes he's pulling a fast one because 1) it's his sale 2) He doesn't have a clue so he'll tell you anything to buy it.
You were saying that dealers are not ignorant.....

Quick Reply: 1st in Line for the new GS in Virginia