GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

1st in Line for the new GS in Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-05, 06:44 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to meet you Bernie! *shakes your hand*

Hahaha...ahhh weekly sales meetings. Ours are every Wed morning and if you are one minute late, everybody is happy because they all know that the following week you have get up extra early to buy 3 dozen donutes for everyone. Or if your cellphone rings during the meeting, you have to sing a song in front of everyone. The joys of sales meetings.....

So you guys over there are getting all the AWD's and the run-flats. I was a bit suprised when run-flats weren't included in our west coast production, but I'm sure the powers that be know what they are doing.

I rarely get a chance to interact with my peers. The only time we're around each other is a Ride&Drive or a classroom. It's good to have you here!

Old 02-04-05, 06:51 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Shop talk

I bring bagels, cream cheese and doughnuts every Sat morning so they are always glad to see me whenever I get there. Are you going to sell the GS this month? We are and it is interesting to see the variations on that story....
Old 02-05-05, 10:19 AM
akbergq
Lead Lap

rockville....even if ur dealership is going to sell them this month (like mine is...northside lexus), your clients cannot take physical delivery of the vehicle till march 1st. it makes sense because the tease brochure says "march 2005 lexus will release an entirely new GS"...so there is no way a single GS can be on the street before the 1st of march
Old 02-05-05, 10:23 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by akbergq
so there is no way a single GS can be on the street before the 1st of march
That's not entirely true if you happen to live in SoCal and see Lexus Corporate employees driving around in the hand built pre-production GS'.
Old 02-05-05, 10:26 AM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Well yeah...im not including the road and drive vehicles taht go from dealer to dealer to show lexus employees =)

thanks for bringing that up flip =)

so let me rephrase..... there is NO way a regular customers 2006 GS will be road before march 1st 2005. =)
Old 02-05-05, 10:28 AM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Actually..my dealer called me and said that hes supposed to get an 06 GS today or tomorrow on a truck ...the GS will be a road and drive car...it is a fully loaded GS (dont know if its a GS3 or GS4)...but the lady that is drivign it will take it to each of the houston local dealers and then the car will be put back on the truck and taken to neghboring states.
Old 02-05-05, 10:31 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by akbergq
Actually..my dealer called me and said that hes supposed to get an 06 GS today or tomorrow on a truck ...the GS will be a road and drive car...it is a fully loaded GS (dont know if its a GS3 or GS4)...but the lady that is drivign it will take it to each of the houston local dealers and then the car will be put back on the truck and taken to neghboring states.
It's actually Ride & Drive. This is product demonstration for the dealerships across the US so they can familiarize themselves w/the vehicle for it's launch in March.
Old 02-05-05, 01:40 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Default New GS300's for sale in Eastern Region

Some of the new model roll outs have had a sample car first which you were not allowed to deliver until a certain date because you wouldn't have a sample anymore. This is not the case with the GS in the Eastern Region. Our dealership will be wholesaled about ten before the end of February and they are definitely for sale. The rest of the first production will arrive in March. Lexus has gotten in trouble in the past by committing to a release date and having to amend it again and again. So they now try not to over promise. I think that is the root of the March release announcement and not some restriction of sale. We have known for some time that we would have a handful of cars in February but ten is more than that and the region office wants to sell them as quickly as possible too. Our region is one of four and every region might have their own distribution issues. It would not be fair for some dealers to have cars available and others not to have anything to show or sell. Expect the first posts of delivery and first drives in mid February here in the East.
Old 02-07-05, 03:30 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by Rockville
I bring bagels, cream cheese and doughnuts every Sat morning so they are always glad to see me whenever I get there. Are you going to sell the GS this month? We are and it is interesting to see the variations on that story....
Wow, that could get expensive buying continental breakfast every weekend! I think I tried to bring in more healthy stuff one time and I practically got boo'd. You should see the way some of these old-school sales guys eat.
The official launch date is March 1st and we do everything by the book here. So until I get an a-okay, I have to wait. Not much I can do on that unfortuantely. I think it's going to be a home run car for Lexus, it'll bring in a lot of new buyers that haven't owned a Lexus before. The car is amazing. So many new gagets and advancements. Being around all these nice cars all the time is hard , I want to get a new one every year. Thank goodness I'm in a lease, otherwise I'd be completely broke!

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 02-07-05 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-07-05, 05:33 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Default Lease Jail

Yeh, I'm in a Master Program lease and it keeps me out of trouble. I come out in the summer of 2006. The dealership reimburses me for the bagels etc. Liz, you are so right about the health issue. We just had a weigh in and we are all overweight and having a competition for who can lose the most percentage of weight by April 1st. I should just walk to work.......I think I saw a picture of you on one of the threads and you are skinny. ( lucky you) I didn't even want to send a picture into News and Views unless they promised to make me look thinner...........