GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Will the next GS have Parking Assist?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-05, 12:56 PM
idg
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Will the next GS have Parking Assist?

I own an LS430 and love the park assist. I was looking for a non European smaller car for my wife with a Park Assist so I asked a local San Diego dealer whether the new 2006 model GS300/430 has a Park Assist option. The answer was that no such option will be available on the 2006 GS. Guess what, on the Canadian specifications it shows as an option (they call it Clearance and Back-Up Sensor) and the sensors are shown on some of the pictures both in front and back. Is it possible that this option is a Canadian only feature or the local dealer did not know what he was talking about?
Old 01-14-05, 01:04 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by idg
I own an LS430 and love the park assist. I was looking for a non European smaller car for my wife with a Park Assist so I asked a local San Diego dealer whether the new 2006 model GS300/430 has a Park Assist option. The answer was that no such option will be available on the 2006 GS. Guess what, on the Canadian specifications it shows as an option (they call it Clearance and Back-Up Sensor) and the sensors are shown on some of the pictures both in front and back. Is it possible that this option is a Canadian only feature or the local dealer did not know what he was talking about?
Welcome to CLublexus. I looked everywhere and see nothing on the new GS having parking assist. THe final details of the car have not been revealed yet.
Old 01-14-05, 01:12 PM
idg
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Park assist

To 1SICKLEX,

On the GS300/430 specs on the Canadian Lexus web site, it appears as an option on the touring and premium packages as a "Clearance and Back up Sensor". Some of the cars pictures there and in the show laso show the row of sensors both in the front and the back.
Old 01-14-05, 01:14 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by idg
To 1SICKLEX,

On the GS300/430 specs on the Canadian Lexus web site, it appears as an option on the touring and premium packages as a "Clearance and Back up Sensor". Some of the cars pictures there and in the show laso show the row of sensors both in the front and the back.
Well in the US info, there is nothing about it. It could also be the laser guided cruise control (btw hit the quote button on the right bottom corner to quote me). I do agree it may very well be parking assist as many pics clearly show the cutouts in the bumper.
Old 01-14-05, 01:16 PM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless the production model is different from the demo. It will have park assist and backup camera. I took a close look when it was at Glendale CA. Also every pic of the new GS that I saw shows the bumpers with park sensors.
Old 01-14-05, 01:17 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ntran18
Unless the production model is different from the demo. It will have park assist and backup camera. I took a close look when it was at Glendale CA. Also every pic of the new GS that I saw shows the bumpers with park sensors.

Like this

Old 01-14-05, 01:45 PM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

Yup. You can see the backup cam on the rear pic. It's the black thing right above the center right park sensor.
Old 01-14-05, 02:34 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By looking at these pictures i think the car does have park assist due to the sensors. But i know for a fact it has the backup camera which in some cases is better with more detail when in reverse. But those sensors might have to do with the pre-collision system but hey who knows just my thoughts.
Old 01-14-05, 03:48 PM
that_guy
Driver

The front sensors are part of the PCS and not park assist..
Old 01-14-05, 04:46 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by BaLLzZz
By looking at these pictures i think the car does have park assist due to the sensors. But i know for a fact it has the backup camera which in some cases is better with more detail when in reverse. But those sensors might have to do with the pre-collision system but hey who knows just my thoughts.
It will have both front and back clearance sensors PLUS if you select DVD nav option, it will also have an additional backup camera.
Old 01-14-05, 09:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

yup i agree with others, from looking at the pics, unless they decide to pull it, the car will have parking assist, at least as an option
Old 01-15-05, 02:11 AM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

Well those are just proximity sensors. If it's only available to PCS now, it wouldn't surprise me if later models have park assist. What I would really like is full time active proximity sensors.
Old 01-15-05, 06:29 AM
lexusls430
Lexus Test Driver

The 2006 GS will have the parking sensors as you can see in the photos as for the PCS its embedded behind the Huge L in the front of the car.
Old 01-15-05, 10:06 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

It better have rear parking assist. This technology have been out for years. My 99 BMW has it and I love that feature, helps me back into tight spots with no problem. Mine has a audible signal that beeps intermittinly inside the vehicle as you get closer to the rear object and when your within 6 inches of the object it has a long continuous beep to alert you not to go further.
Old 01-15-05, 05:55 PM
fluffy
Driver School Candidate

Default New GS have both Monitor & Parking Assist

Hi IDG, I've made a booking for the higer spec new 2006 GS in Singapore and it comes standard with Park Assist and Monitor. Was told be saleman that these 2 items are standard for the Super Luxury version but not for the Luxury version. Also for your info, over here first delivery takes place in March and was told that this date is global.

Quick Reply: Will the next GS have Parking Assist?