GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

What are the chances of getting the 06 GS under msrp?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-05, 05:46 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Umm Ballzz...i hate to break it to ya bro, but if the prices of the new GS models are of those that you came up with...id buy all three and then turn around and sell em for a HUGE profit..and buy a fully loaded GS430 =) Theres no way the prices will be like those...

I could be wrong but i think everyone will agree...

The prices will be at least 2-3K higher on EACH of those model prices you quoted....

flipside909 - wat do u think of my calculation?
Old 01-07-05, 06:49 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

I just got off the fone with a sales rep from south bay lexus in california. I spoke with a guy named mario and he told me the pricing he had received on the GS300 AWD. He told me he got this an hour ago from when i called him from a meeting he had on this vehicle and he said these figures were pretty much accurate.

The AWD version is going to be 51K + ttl and fees. This car will only be offered fully loaded. There is no adding of options for this vehicle.

The base GS300 wil be about 43K dollars plus ttl and fees. With wood package, he said 45 plus ttl. (This is the car im getting)

The GS430 is going to be 55k plus ttl. That will come fully loaded, with no options to add on.

This is all he told me. Again, everythign is NEVER concrete until lexus gives the go ahead....

But I contacted an actual representative from the LA autoshowm who I talked extensively on the fone with while watching the new black GS on display. He told me that at the end of this month, they will hjave a company representative from headquarters that will do a "ROAD AND DRIVE" type thing.

The guy is basically going to go around dealer to dealer to show the car before it launches and this is supposed to happen the last week of January. The representative told me it happens about a month and a half before product launch.

Mercedes have already done it on the new CLS...my brother works for mercedes of south bay and saw the car as a company rep drove it around dealership to dealership to show the car. The CLS is releasing in march as well, like the GS.
Old 01-07-05, 07:01 PM
frebay
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just got off the phone at south bay as well...they are telling me april 1st. No markups over mrsp, and the loaded 300 will be around 45-46.
Old 01-07-05, 07:23 PM
marcpitch
Driver

April 1st release instead of early March? Akbergg, did this guy say all 3 models would only come fully loaded? I doubt it.

Am I right in thinking the NAV package at about $2,000 would be the most expensive package available? Any other packages that may break $1,000?

Lastly, have exterior color choices been finalized? I seem to recall a thread with colors, but it seemed like they were photoshopped. Also, seemed like a lot of choices, many of which were VERY nice. Reresh my exterior color memory? Thanks.
Old 01-07-05, 07:26 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by akbergq

He told me that at the end of this month, they will hjave a company representative from headquarters that will do a "ROAD AND DRIVE" type thing.

The guy is basically going to go around dealer to dealer to show the car before it launches and this is supposed to happen the last week of January. The representative told me it happens about a month and a half before product launch.
This is nothing new. They do this for every new product that comes out for Toyota or Lexus. AMCI is the company that sets it up. It's a product orientation/demonstration for Lexus dealership employees only.
Old 01-07-05, 07:47 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

marcpitch...the GS300 awd and GS430 will be only fully loaded versions from what he told me. The base GS300 will have options to fully load.... (I just wanted the GS300 base with wood package on mine =0)

sorry for the confusion.

I dont know about the colors yet. Im looking for either a Grpahite pearl - flint mica with light gray interior with black wood.... or silver with light gray interior and black wood.....or black with light gray interior with black wood. I was hoping for black with black interior with black wood , but thats proably not going to be offered. Im not concerned with those other colors they had posted on a thread. It looks liek to me that it was done on a photo software to be honest. Im concerned aboutt he gray - flint mica color though. It has not been offered at all on a GS excvept in 02 with the sport package....so i dont know if they realy will offer it now on the 06....I hope they do so i can choose between those three color choices, since i dont care for the other colors =)

Flipside909..the rep who i spoke with at lexus of south bay tonight told me you can get an invitiation to come see the demonstration at the dealership if you request them to.

I like the pricing though....

VERY VERY resonable if it holds true. especially for a totally redesigned car with extra technology included. (Precollision system, bluetooth technology, AFS lighting, keyless ignition, 4 different suspension settings for preference drive modes, brand new engine,, etc..plus much more.....what else can you ask for?

I think if this pricing is very close to the actual....its going to be an PHENOMENAL value by a Lexus product.
Old 01-07-05, 08:41 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Flipside909..the rep who i spoke with at lexus of south bay tonight told me you can get an invitiation to come see the demonstration at the dealership if you request them to.
You mean like product demonstration?Wouldn't mind going to another hehe. The Lexus of Glendale event was more like hurry up and look before TMS takes the car away. As for actual test drive/comparison with the competitor vehicles, AMCI sets up an industry only comparison at a local venue for dealership personel to try out and drive the vehicles. Kind of like a Taste of Luxury event but not open to the general public.
Old 01-07-05, 08:54 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

what do u think of the pricing so far guys?

Like i said, if it holds true....it will be a phenomenal value
Old 01-07-05, 09:35 PM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

what do u think of the pricing so far guys?

Like i said, if it holds true....it will be a phenomenal value
So far all I've heard from Park Place(local dealer) is that there would be at least a 10% price increase over the following figures:

2005 GS300: $38900.00 2006 GS300~ $43000.00
2005 GS430: $48000.00 2006 GS430~ $53000.00

The 1st gen. went up about that much in price(although dealers did charge over MSRP back in 1997 especially on the GS400).

I agree with the wait for at least six months idea. Let's see how the RL does(which personally I think is not living up to the hype, and also how Infiniti fills their showrooms with the M).

Just remember one important factor: By investing in a Lexus, you know you will get the best RESALE VALUE for your car!

I have owned Lexus vehicles since 1995 and can attest to that fact.