GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

world's first look at the new interior of the 2006 Lexus GS in action

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-05, 08:33 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
I was exactly thinking the same thiing. This is the version without the Nav. If you compare AS picture with CL you will see that some buttons are missing. It's cool that you will still get the screen.
It also shows us that wooden steering wheel will be an option at least on GS300
That is correct. Instead of having a plain ugly oversized double din radio filling in the void of the screen, the standard screen will house the trip computer/mpg/distance to empty/mileage/ET as well as the radio and HVAC settings.
Old 01-01-05, 11:43 PM
biker
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The interface screen is now par for the course for this segment - regardless of whether you get NAV or not. The trend started with the new 5 series 1.5 years ago - the only diff is that Lexus seems to be the only one to stick with the touch screen - everyone else has a **** for driver input.
Old 01-02-05, 09:20 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

But I have to give to Lexus for touch screen. It's more user-friendly. I hate that I-Drive thingy from BMW. Eyes off the road with too many menus to shuffle through. It's a elderly folks car crash nightmare that we have to watch out for on the roads.
Old 01-02-05, 10:10 AM
biker
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by XanaduSC
But I have to give to Lexus for touch screen. It's more user-friendly. I hate that I-Drive thingy from BMW. Eyes off the road with too many menus to shuffle through. It's a elderly folks car crash nightmare that we have to watch out for on the roads.
What most of the car makers in this category will tell you is that you can do everything via voice input thereby negating the need for any hand input (touch screen or ****). That assumes you can get to the menus easily enough - that's the problem with I drive - it's not the **** but the lack of thought on the software designer's part .
Old 01-02-05, 04:23 PM
frebay
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by biker
What most of the car makers in this category will tell you is that you can do everything via voice input thereby negating the need for any hand input (touch screen or ****). That assumes you can get to the menus easily enough - that's the problem with I drive - it's not the **** but the lack of thought on the software designer's part .
The voice input is probably reliable 25% of the time, actually really embarassing when you are trying to use it and have friends in your car.
Old 01-02-05, 04:55 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Originally Posted by frebay
The voice input is probably reliable 25% of the time, actually really embarassing when you are trying to use it and have friends in your car.
Sorta like my cell phone, voice input ~ recognizes it most of the time but not "all" of the time. Not 100 reliable. Then there is the radio noise and conversations of passangers in the car, it's no wonder.
Old 01-02-05, 08:28 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

First of all acura also has stuck with the touch screen. Second of all yes the voice commands are not all so good but you must say them clear and loud so if their are people int he car tlaking i dont think its a good idea to use them. And probaly all of us do not know all the commands. But the one i love th emost on my tl is "what time is it" hahaha liek how hard is it to look at the led and see the time am i a racecar driver i have to keep my eyese on the road 100% of the time these commands are sometimes a joke. Anyways yup touchscreen great imagine touchscreen/i-drive/voice commands pick wut u want but have em all
Old 01-03-05, 12:29 AM
biker
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BaLLzZz
First of all acura also has stuck with the touch screen.
Have you seen the interiror of the RL - the car in this class?
Old 01-03-05, 08:33 AM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Yes i beleive its not a touch screen RIGHT? but the tl and mdx do have touch screen
Old 01-04-05, 03:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

the interior of the new gs is really waht give me the drive to go and take a look at this car in the show room. it's just purely sexy imho!
Old 01-07-05, 03:31 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh baby..i can't wait....March come on already...
Old 01-07-05, 07:28 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XanaduSC
Why is Lexus still offering the cassette tape? Do they still even make those? argh!! Wasted space.
What about iPod tape hookup???? Its priceless in my GX and I wish I had a tape player in the vette!
Old 01-08-05, 06:41 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

I was just at the Nissan Maxima website looking at the car.

Why does everyone say the new GS looks like the Maxima? The inside is totally different looking, seats, console, instrument cluster, sunroof. The outside may have subtle looks but the new GS looks more sleeker & areodynamic to me.

I think in person the new GS will look better. People will know your driving a Lexus not a Maxima. I also think with nicer looking rims on the new GS, it will look awesome.
Old 01-09-05, 10:37 AM
biker
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BaLLzZz
Yes i beleive its not a touch screen RIGHT? but the tl and mdx do have touch screen
Not touch - big ole interface **** like M, 5 series, A6.
Old 01-09-05, 11:00 AM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Yes but not half as complicated as the audis and the bmws i drive just to many menus but hey they make wut they make and we dont really have a say until the sales go down but besides that they can care less about the true customers all they really care about is the true investors and anyone who knows what im talking about knows this is true.

Quick Reply: world's first look at the new interior of the 2006 Lexus GS in action