GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

05-06 BMW 530i E 350 GS 300 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-04, 08:28 PM
LexusLuver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you place such a high-priority on power and performance the IS the better choice.

why buy the 258hp BMW or 280hp MB, when you get more power from all the Japanese 3.5L offerings
Power is a single aspect of an engine.

what's with this hp craze, really need to stroke you're ego much. Lexus doesn't need those types of customers.

BMW's 3.0L 258hp is that the US model? I'm glad their 3.0L makes 258hp, Honda's 3.2L from waaaaayy back made 260hp. btw it is much cheaper to build a SOCH 3.2L V6 than a DOCH 3.0L I6 w/direct injection, bi-Vanos, and whatever complex, non-functional technology BMW uses.
Old 12-31-04, 12:33 AM
LexusLuver
Lexus Test Driver

I think the reason the new GS300 is "only" 245hp is because of its application. It's found in a single Lexus vehicle, unless it winds up in the new ES and IS. However it is now believed both will feature the 3.5L, the IS is certainly a 3.5L

Why spend the R&D for the least popular of Lexus vehicles?

My real confusion is why Lexus is using this engine. The 3.5L I believe is the same exterior size as the 3.0L. Lexus gave out the specs a yr ago, before BMW announced their 3.0L I6 or MB's 3.5L. While a 3.0L would suit the ES nicely (if it's smoother delivery and quieter), but the GS is a luxury-sports sedan. It should have more power, maybe the 3.0L revs easier, more climatic power, etc.

The Germans, and now Americans are clearly involved in an hp war. Toyota isn't, yet their sales grow faster. Lexus proves high-quality, highly refined vehicles with the usual Lexus finese is all it takes.

MB is winning the hp war, but their sales are retreating and they are now in the red.
Really only Dodge has any success with their powerful motors, and that is just the 300C, to a lesser extent the Hemi Durango.
Nobody wants the Pontiac GTO
Ford's Triton V8 is a dog next to the Hemi or Endurance V8's, but their sales trump Dodge, and Nissan.
Old 12-31-04, 08:17 AM
jarrett
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flipside909
So you're saying they lost alot of customers? It's pretty clear they didn't lose you since you do own two of them...and you still live in the snowbelt correct?

Hmm you seem frustrated, having trouble spelling out words in a friendly matter? As you said, "probably" is just a guess. That's not emperical evidence or credible statistics to say any sales were lost period. Even if they did lose sales, it's not enough to justify considering every customer they lose, they gain 10 or more.

Really? What is your occupation and what is your background? Share your ideas with us, you never know who is reading or listening.

If you're such a Lexus diehard fan, why all the negativity? Diehard fans stick through it thick and thin. No need to convey yourself with an elitest attitude. I'm a Toyota/Lexus diehard, does that make me better than you? Nope. Can I share a litlte info w/you? Your two GS' are Toyota Aristo's in Japan. Sorry to burst your bubble.

For someone that's new to our community, you sure have made a grand welcome for yourself w/the first few posts you've made. That's great you've been a repeat GS customer in a 10 year span! But why the negativity? Do you feel as if you're better than any of us here? Everyone here in our community is here to learn and share ideas. Just because you live in the snowbelt means you know better than anyone else that lives in the snowbelt or anywhere in the world.

And yes I do have a Lexus. It's a 15 month old 2004 IS300 with almost 40k miles and very proud owner on top of that.

Since there seems to be a little hositility in the air, let me start off by starting off on the right foot...Welcome to CL!

First of all you guys are hators. And i would appeciate if you would keep inadequate words out of my mouth that arent . Sorry to bust yo bubble.

and I can say anyhting I want about lexus not putting all wheel drive on their vechiles. They have even talked abou the topic. I think thats Its unethical for them not to have AWD.

And they do listen to their customers. They have a list at the dealership that you can write things down on that would help improve their sales and satisfy thier customers.

And to think that im better than you because i live where it snows a lot, and where i do need AWD does not mean that I am better than you.

But Hey if the shoe fits? WEAR IT.

Why does it matter anyway what my occupation is. Whats yours?

Yall need to get back. Cause yall dont know me like that.

And yes you can compare two cars that dont have the same price. The fact is that everything else is highly in common. And didnt I hear that Lexus is Aiming at BMW's?

The price on that exceedes 40K. And lexus IS 300 will probably 35-36K.

If you all dont know me then dont make preconsumotous comments about me.
Old 12-31-04, 01:37 PM
biker
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jarrett
First of all you guys are hators. And i would appeciate if you would keep inadequate words out of my mouth that arent . Sorry to bust yo bubble.

and I can say anyhting I want about lexus not putting all wheel drive on their vechiles. They have even talked abou the topic. I think thats Its unethical for them not to have AWD.

And they do listen to their customers. They have a list at the dealership that you can write things down on that would help improve their sales and satisfy thier customers.

And to think that im better than you because i live where it snows a lot, and where i do need AWD does not mean that I am better than you.

But Hey if the shoe fits? WEAR IT.

Why does it matter anyway what my occupation is. Whats yours?

Yall need to get back. Cause yall dont know me like that.

And yes you can compare two cars that dont have the same price. The fact is that everything else is highly in common. And didnt I hear that Lexus is Aiming at BMW's?

The price on that exceedes 40K. And lexus IS 300 will probably 35-36K.

If you all dont know me then dont make preconsumotous comments about me.
You can scream about wanting AWD (or anything eelse for that matter) till you're blue in the face - Lexus won't give it to you until it makes sense financially/marketing wise to do so,
Old 12-31-04, 05:38 PM
LexFather

Okay, this thread is closed.