GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS/M35/45/RL comparisons

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-04, 02:05 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good point rogers but the rl at 48900 or the gs300 at like 38900 hahah see the difference but i was comparing the 3.5rl to to the gs430 to the m45
Old 12-28-04, 02:26 PM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
So you say the M35/45 is faster and the RL and M handles better than the GS, but I need to go drive them first. I don't think ANYONE in the world has driven all 3.

You cannot really compare the GS and RL. Just looking here, the GS attracts a totally different buyer. Going to Acura sites, RL forums are dead. Maybe 2 active RL owners and maybe 1 with any intention to modify.
I am sure people will TRY to modify the M35/45 but Nissan is so slow to bring in NISMO and they don't want to sell NISMO parts to Infiniti dealers. But I do think the M35/45 buyer will be similar to the GS buyer.
And yes, the Lexus name will bring in the "couch potatoes". Nothing wrong with that.
Come on you heard a number of reviews comparing the RL handling to the BMW 5 series. I refuse to believe that a Lexus GS will out handle the new RL.
What world do you living in? The GS/RL/M does attract the same buyer. I could care less about how many people are on a forum. I simply purchase my gs300 b/c it's a soft/cushy car. I will never call it a sport sedan.
It's nice that Lexus offer a V8 so it can sell more gs300's but the gs430 won't sell.
FYI: I do see more bmw540 & e430 than gs430 in my area. I'll try my best to make it down to the Acura dealer this weekend to at least test drive the RL then I'll post my opinion until then I can only post on the time I have spent in the passenger seat of the car.

Last edited by rogers2; 12-28-04 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-28-04, 02:31 PM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BaLLzZz
good point rogers but the rl at 48900 or the gs300 at like 38900 hahah see the difference but i was comparing the 3.5rl to to the gs430 to the m45
ok I agree
Old 12-28-04, 05:10 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rogers
Come on you heard a number of reviews comparing the RL handling to the BMW 5 series. I refuse to believe that a Lexus GS will out handle the new RL.
What world do you living in? The GS/RL/M does attract the same buyer. I could care less about how many people are on a forum. I simply purchase my gs300 b/c it's a soft/cushy car. I will never call it a sport sedan.
It's nice that Lexus offer a V8 so it can sell more gs300's but the gs430 won't sell.
FYI: I do see more bmw540 & e430 than gs430 in my area. I'll try my best to make it down to the Acura dealer this weekend to at least test drive the RL then I'll post my opinion until then I can only post on the time I have spent in the passenger seat of the car.
The Rl may very well handle better than the GS but for what reason? No one is going to push the car to even exploit the wonderful SH-AWD. It has 300hp and is not class leading with speed. Its just to say "we have 300hp".
The GS 300 was also chosen as 10 best winner 3 times, car of the year and won its initial comparisons. It still fairs well after 7 years. It is a sports sedan but its fine that you think its soft/cushy. I am sure 99% of the tiime, GS 300 owners bought it for that reason.

They all do need manuals though. Gotta give the G35 and BMW that one.

I want the best and this is why i am choosing lexus. Hopefully u will agree with me somewhat on my post
I sure do.

Old 12-28-04, 05:14 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Haaaa very good points their. And to add one thing if u are looking for a 4 door car that has no luxury in it but alotta ride go get a wrx or sumin why are u tlakin about an rl???? And thxs for the agreement lol esp. from an established member

Last edited by BaLLzZz; 12-28-04 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-28-04, 05:57 PM
SC400-V8
Racer

Originally Posted by rogers
I agree with you on the fit and finish but only if your purchasing the V8. GS300 hell no.

I understand completely. My college had at least 5 or 6 professors with GS's, and they were all 300s. I couldnt possibly comprehend why....

First I was thinking fuel consumption, but Ive read in several places that the 400 cars use slightly less fuel because of decreased effort to achieve cruising speed, etc.

IT MUST BE 8 OR MORE, PEOPLE!!

Last edited by SC400-V8; 12-28-04 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-28-04, 07:44 PM
LexFather

Haaaa very good points their. And to add one thing if u are looking for a 4 door car that has no luxury in it but alotta ride go get a wrx or sumin why are u tlakin about an rl???? And thxs for the agreement lol esp. from an established member
Thank you. I honestly see a really big battle brewing between the GS 300/45 and Infiniti M35/45. I think it will produce no losers. Like the current GS and 5, the M35/45 maybe so close in executiion, its like choosing equals. Intagibles will make all the difference.

I've said it tons of times. People do pay for brands and that badge, especially as prices go up. As competant as the VW Phaeton and Q45 are, they are incredible failures. People want to either know they have the best built (Lexus) or the badge (BMW/Benz). Here, in this other thread I started, a 184hp 525 can hit 47k! And people buy these! People equate owning a BMW with success, no matter what model it is.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144968

This is a huge intangible Lexus has over Infiniti. Infiniti is in the middle of a awakening. Lexus has been a success for 15 years, since its inception. Infiniti has just woken up some. I think the M35/45 is going to be a great car but has anyone seen current M45 or Q45 resale value? Its atrocious. The new M35/45 has to fight and prove its worth.

I think the Japanese will not really steal from one another but everyone else. Tired of your Caddy/Lincoln breaking down, buy you a nice comfy RL. Tired of your BMW or can't get with the ugly Bangle look, tired of your E-class rock bottom reliablity, get a Lexus or Infiniiti. Volvos S80, Lincolns LS, Jags S-type is LUNCH for these 3 cars. Period.

Last edited by LexFather; 12-28-04 at 07:45 PM.

Old 12-28-04, 07:56 PM
LexFather

I am going to focus on the GS vs M35/45 (if anyone wonders why I don't just use "M" I think its pretty blashemous to use "M" to describe an Infiniti when "M" belongs to BMW and all those incredible cars from E30, E36 and E46 to CSL. M=BMW. Period. Anyway

Trying my best here for all to see the cars side by side. Its funny and amazing how details can be so different on these similar sized cars. I'd throw the Passat and Mazda 3 in 2 if I wasn't lazy and A6 since they share the same curved roofline.

I

Old 12-28-04, 08:00 PM
LexFather

Here is Nissans Daddy.
The curved roofline, sloping, short hood. Integrated, round, turn signals in the headlamps. The short trunk. The large doors. This is the inspiration of a new generation of cars.

The illigitimate sons.....
Infiniti G35
Inifniti M35/45
Nissan Teana
Nissan Altima
Nissan Maxima

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. And I think Nissan makes some good looking sedans now. The Altima, IMO, is the best looking.

Old 12-28-04, 08:09 PM
LexFather

This is pre-production but a very flattering look at the M45. Very nice here. Followed by the current M45. They look nothing alike. Infiniti should not have brought that gap filler in. This is why people say no one knows what an Infinti looks like. too much change. this also kills re-sale

I am trying hard to find pics with similar poses. Not many production M35/45 pics.

A6
Old vs New GS

Last edited by LexFather; 12-28-04 at 08:30 PM.

Old 12-28-04, 08:42 PM
LexFather

Both , very very distinctive, love or hate.

Now check out the Acura Rl vs Scion TC rear. Very similar sadly.

Old 12-28-04, 08:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

seriously, the rear of both the M45 and the new GS430 don't really excit me...
Old 12-28-04, 09:00 PM
LexFather

Old 12-28-04, 09:02 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
seriously, the rear of both the M45 and the new GS430 don't really excit me...
I agree. But they are original if quite ugly or blah. I DO WISH that Lexus had kept the oh so orginal quad rear lamps. No other car had this feature until the IS and that is a Lexus brother. That made the GS instantly recognizable from the rear.

Old 12-28-04, 09:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I agree. But they are original if quite ugly or blah. I DO WISH that Lexus had kept the oh so orginal quad rear lamps. No other car had this feature until the IS and that is a Lexus brother. That made the GS instantly recognizable from the rear.
very true, the GS, like you have said many times before, has been so revolutionary in so many aspect, the car is just phenomonal

Quick Reply: GS/M35/45/RL comparisons