GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-03, 11:24 AM
iloveGS300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant wait! Very interested to see the new direction for Lexus.
Old 12-30-03, 10:34 PM
noop
Instructor

I went and bought a new digital camera from best buy just for the auto show my old 1 isnt working right
Old 12-31-03, 10:53 AM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please post lots of pics
Old 12-31-03, 11:24 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

is it me, or is it funny that edmunds would already assume that the 2005 gs430 is going to be the same car as the LF-S?

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2005/l...hoto..0.Lexus*
Old 12-31-03, 02:19 PM
jimxo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's funny

From the only person I know who has seen the car he said the Emdunds photos are not the new GS

It could be a hint at the overall design Lexus plans on developing.

Last edited by jimxo; 12-31-03 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-01-04, 12:38 PM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Question

Thought I read somewhere that Lexus will be doing a live webcast of the debut of the '05 GS. I plan on watching it live on my pc!!

Lexus Says this:

"Watch the Detroit Press Event Live. See the world debut of a new Lexus sedan plus an update on the new RX hybrid."

January 6, 2004
8:30 - 8:55 am EST

Last edited by Blanco; 01-01-04 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-02-04, 05:29 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I'm scheduled to work the auto show on the 7th and I cannot friggin' wait to see the new GS.
Old 01-02-04, 06:24 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by jimxo
It's funny

From the only person I know who has seen the car he said the Emdunds photos are not the new GS

It could be a hint at the overall design Lexus plans on developing.

Well lets's try to do some math and apply some logic to it. It doesn't have to be necesarry right but..

Dimensions of new LF-S are L:4910mm x W:1895mm x H:1345mm
Dimensions of 2004 GS are: L:4805 x W:1800 x H:1445
Dimensions of 2004 LS are: L:5025 x W:1830 x H:1470

I think just this kills any rumors that LF-S is 2006 LS like someone speculated. But if you look at the specs between '04GS and LF-S you could see an "imporvment" than happenes on new models that are about to replace old ones.

Considering that LF-S matches specs of GS series question is why would Lexus make two, measurement wise, indentical cars to have two different designs. It makes no sense that new GS is based on a design of LF-S which debuted only month and half ago. It didn't even apear in all magazines yet, people don't know what's going on and yet Lexus is already building a new car based on LF-S. It would make much more sense if LF-S debuted year or year and half ago for Lexus to base new GS on that concept. By the way LF-S and LF-X are marketed in Japan as new Lexus lineup so I expect them to get into production. What would happen if new GS is different than LF-S and then LF-S gets into production?

Well one thing about Lexus that I noticed is that their concepts enter production unchanged from outside. Anyone remeber sedan concept back in 1996? Well at the end of 1997 it became new GS and it was unchanged. Anyone remeber "jewel" concept back in 2000? Year later it becomes SC430 all together with "concept like" wheels. Same story for new ES.
I think this is just a Lexus thing and I hope they do the same thing this time also.

Hottest rumor is that there has been sighting of LF-S on streets in NY in black color. How credible is that no one can tell, but it keeps hope alive.

I am 99% sure that LFS-S is new GS!! I would like to see LF-S as new GS also, maybe that's why I am so optimistic but I can also bet that we will see LF-X in production too

Last edited by Vladi; 01-02-04 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-02-04, 08:15 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

I are filled with the anticipation!!

It always amazes me. No one is more secretive than Toyota. And their intelligence capabilities are probably second to only the Americans and Israleis.

(to the tempo of "Throw Dem Bows" by Luda)

Never been EYED
Never been SPYED
Security perimeters 50 miles WIDE...
Old 01-02-04, 10:10 PM
boji
Driver School Candidate

Wink

being in detroit, the autoshow is the only thing to look forward to
Old 01-03-04, 09:04 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Originally posted by wantAnewLex
I are filled with the anticipation!!

It always amazes me. No one is more secretive than Toyota. And their intelligence capabilities are probably second to only the Americans and Israleis.

(to the tempo of "Throw Dem Bows" by Luda)

Never been EYED
Never been SPYED
Security perimeters 50 miles WIDE...
This is REALLY big for Lexus. The E and 5 are already out, it's down to what will Lexus do. I think they KNOW they have winner, and when they drop the car cover next week things are going to go crazy. As 1sick always says, the interior, performance etc will be top notch, the styling is the only unknown factor, and I think, and hope they have something hot. They went the extra mile to keep this one under wraps, I think it's going to be awesome.
Old 01-03-04, 09:18 AM
pfsacer
Driver

Besides being big for Lexus, I think it might be even bigger for BMW and Mercedes.
If this is what I hope it will be it could have an enormous impact on the 5 and E in a negative way

Let's hope it looks as good as anticipated and that it will have power to spare.
I'll be in Detroit on the 7th and will post pics as soon as I am back in the Hotel
Old 01-03-04, 01:47 PM
jimxo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Vladi
Well lets's try to do some math and apply some logic to it. It doesn't have to be necesarry right but..

Dimensions of new LF-S are L:4910mm x W:1895mm x H:1345mm
Dimensions of 2004 GS are: L:4805 x W:1800 x H:1445
Dimensions of 2004 LS are: L:5025 x W:1830 x H:1470

I think just this kills any rumors that LF-S is 2006 LS like someone speculated. But if you look at the specs between '04GS and LF-S you could see an "imporvment" than happenes on new models that are about to replace old ones.

Considering that LF-S matches specs of GS series question is why would Lexus make two, measurement wise, indentical cars to have two different designs. It makes no sense that new GS is based on a design of LF-S which debuted only month and half ago. It didn't even apear in all magazines yet, people don't know what's going on and yet Lexus is already building a new car based on LF-S. It would make much more sense if LF-S debuted year or year and half ago for Lexus to base new GS on that concept. By the way LF-S and LF-X are marketed in Japan as new Lexus lineup so I expect them to get into production. What would happen if new GS is different than LF-S and then LF-S gets into production?

Well one thing about Lexus that I noticed is that their concepts enter production unchanged from outside. Anyone remeber sedan concept back in 1996? Well at the end of 1997 it became new GS and it was unchanged. Anyone remeber "jewel" concept back in 2000? Year later it becomes SC430 all together with "concept like" wheels. Same story for new ES.
I think this is just a Lexus thing and I hope they do the same thing this time also.

Hottest rumor is that there has been sighting of LF-S on streets in NY in black color. How credible is that no one can tell, but it keeps hope alive.

I am 99% sure that LFS-S is new GS!! I would like to see LF-S as new GS also, maybe that's why I am so optimistic but I can also bet that we will see LF-X in production too

If the LFS-S is simlar to the new GS I will not be disappointed. i think the car looks great but until I see the new GS in all it's glory with bigger wheels ect I need to hold of on getting to pumped.

64 hours and counting
Old 01-04-04, 12:57 AM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Blanco
Thought I read somewhere that Lexus will be doing a live webcast of the debut of the '05 GS. I plan on watching it live on my pc!!

Lexus Says this:

"Watch the Detroit Press Event Live. See the world debut of a new Lexus sedan plus an update on the new RX hybrid."

January 6, 2004
Ill join you
Old 01-04-04, 06:42 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 196 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally posted by Blanco

Lexus Says this:

January 6, 2004
I am assuming the live webcast will be from the www.Lexus.com site? Please confirm as I cannot make it to Detriot and I certainly do NOT want to miss the unveiling!!

I just hope the LF-S is indeed the new GS - I just love that car and even with some minor modifications to make it to production, it will still be one of the best looking cars on the road!!

Quick Reply: The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19